West Sports Report 7-Round Draft

Astrobot

Scott Carasik's Pre-Combine Mock

Scott Carasik actually hit several 4th rounder picks last year, so I respect his research.

I'd be happy if we pulled down his first 3 picks, and give us an A.

Admit I didn't know the fourth rounder, but he's had 38 starts, is smart, and a widebody.

And the 5th rounder? We'll say "Should have seen that one coming."

Astro

Scott Carasik actually hit several 4th rounder picks last year, so I respect his research.

Admit I didn't know the fourth rounder, but he's had 38 starts, is smart, and a widebody.

Astro

Aside from robinson in the 3rd, its not bad, robinson is nowhere near a 3rd rd grade at this point, esp over Lefevour and Snead.

Aside from robinson in the 3rd, its not bad, robinson is nowhere near a 3rd rd grade at this point, esp over Lefevour and Snead.

I just tweeted him the same thing, but he sticks with "Bradford, Clausen, Pike, Robinson, in that order". You have to admit that Robinson and Lefevour have some getaway ability.

Thomas could very well be there in the 5th since he recently broke his foot during the off-season. It's not fair, but that will definitely cause his stock to slide.

I love the pick of Ekom Udofia in the 4th. He's a poor man's Casey Hampton.

Scott also does a great job at projecting comp picks. He's almost always dead on in terms of what round you receive them so it looks like we have another 7th coming our way. Nothing amazing...but hey...a pick is a pick.

astro, love the drafttek site. especially the online simulator. some interesting things happen when you make the bills trade #9 to SF for #'s 17+49. Gave us: 17. OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers 41. DT Terrance Cody, Alabama 49. QB Tony Pike, Cincy

pretty neat feature, spent an hour and a half messing with it last night

I just tweeted him the same thing, but he sticks with "Bradford, Clausen, Pike, Robinson, in that order". You have to admit that Robinson and Lefevour have some getaway ability.

yeah but where as Lefevour is projected as a 2-3 rd pick robinson has moved past the 5th until this guys mock, if anything it would be cluasen, bradford, Lefevour, brown, pike, snead, robinson, mccoy, tebow, etc

astro, love the drafttek site. especially the online simulator. some interesting things happen when you make the bills trade #9 to SF for #'s 17+49. Gave us: 17. OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers 41. DT Terrance Cody, Alabama 49. QB Tony Pike, Cincy

pretty neat feature, spent an hour and a half messing with it last night

I like the idea of trading down. I heard a trade scenario on NFL Network that had the Bucs trading Josh Johnson, their #1, and a 3rd to the Rams for #1 overall. If this happens then I think St. Louis will take a QB. Then Claussen and Bradford will probably be off the board. By trading down we can still get one of the better left tackles and use the extra pick on D.

Hopefully Cody has a so-so combine and he falls to us at pick 41. Also if Trent Williams is there in the early mid 2nd round I could see us trading up a few spots (like 3 or 4 maybe giving up a 5th or 6th round choice) to get him as a RT assuming there aren't many top NT's like Cody available (Or we pick one up via free agency).

I mean going forward with a O-Line like this would have awesome potential

LT- Buluga/A. Davis

LG- Levitre

C- Hangartner

RG- Wood

RT- Trent Williams

Astro

This guy is an idiot. We need a NT to even START the 3-4 defense with. Zac Robinson? Are you !@#$ing kidding me? The kid flat SUCKS.

Thomas could very well be there in the 5th since he recently broke his foot during the off-season. It's not fair, but that will definitely cause his stock to slide.

I love the pick of Ekom Udofia in the 4th. He's a poor man's Casey Hampton.

Scott also does a great job at projecting comp picks. He's almost always dead on in terms of what round you receive them so it looks like we have another 7th coming our way. Nothing amazing...but hey...a pick is a pick.

Two sixths and two sevenths by his draft. :unsure:

You get an a+ for even having heard of Udofia! :w00t:

He should really go to the Eagles and get the nickname of Phil.

Phil Udolfia.

Astro

Can't say I'd be too happy with it. Eric Norwood is a solid OLB (though he never really maintained consistency in SC), but with the guys we have trying to transition to OLB, plus the OLB's we already have on the roster, Spikes makes way more sense there. And that's in addition to the fact that Spikes is just the more talented player. Other than Spikes there's a bunch of other players I think would be better than Norwood here, tops being Benn, Pouncey, and Fox.

Zac Robinson is NOT what this team needs. It's a wasted 3rd round pick, IMO. We have guys with "iffy" potential already on the roster. If the Bills are going to use a high round draft pick on a QB (for the record, I don't think they should), it better be for a guy that actually has a good chance of being a starter in this league. We'd be much better off with Arthur Jones or D'Anthony Smith, both taken later in the round.

I also don't know much about Ekom Udofia, which is strange (and probably not good) since I watched 7 or 8 Stanford games this year. In all that time he didn't stand out to me at all. That certainly doesn't mean he won't be good, but IMO I find it doubtful that a DT that isn't dominating the PAC 10 is going to fill a hole as a 3-4 NT in the NFL. I think George Selvie, Riley Cooper, and LeGarrett Blount (yeah, I said it) are all better picks there.

For a 7 round mock (not an easy thing to do, especially since I doubt he knows the true situations of every team), it's not bad. But given who is available at our picks, I think he's trying too hard to fill the "position" hole instead of looking at the overall talent and additional needs of the team.

Thomas from GT will not be there in the 5th. Probably gone latest in the 3rd, ive seen a few mocks that have him in rd 2.

Yeah, that guy is a beast and could be the best receiver in the draft. His #s are amazing given the offense and QB he played with.

I don't like that Davis has motivation issues but you can't argue with his talent. I really liek his point about Norwood and I like players who produced big numbers in the SEC. Not really a fan of Robinson because I think he is a product of great talent around him. If that switched to Lefevour, I'd love this draft.

Hopefully Cody has a so-so combine and he falls to us at pick 41. Also if Trent Williams is there in the early mid 2nd round I could see us trading up a few spots (like 3 or 4 maybe giving up a 5th or 6th round choice) to get him as a RT assuming there aren't many top NT's like Cody available (Or we pick one up via free agency).

LT- Buluga/A. Davis

LG- Levitre

C- Hangartner

RG- Wood

RT- Trent Williams

:unsure:

Good Call. Carasik has him going to Cleveland at #39 (we draft at #41). A draft like this still gets us what we need:

1- Bulaga LT

2- (with a 6th) Williams RT

3- Norwood ILB

4- Austen Lane DE

5- Cam Thomas NT

6- Traded to move up for Williams

6- Lindsey Witten OLB34 or Cameron Sheffield OLB34

7- Blair White WR

7-Chris Marinelli OT

LT- Buluga/A. Davis

LG- Levitre

C- Hangartner

RG- Wood

RT- Trent Williams

I like Meredith or Bell's potential as RT. People are giving up on Bell way too early. His main problems was penalties, which could be blamed on the fact he was rushed too quick into the lineup. And for all the talk about his strength, he rarely got overpowered. Also another offseason in the weight room could help alot.