If you were GM

NewEra

A true GM wouldn't care who the starters might be. He'd care about 1) getting the right coaches, 2) getting the proper evaluation of where the biggest weaknesses on the team are, 3) put together a first rate scouting staff and get competent evaluations on college and pro personnel put together, and then 4) going after the best players to increase the level of competition across the entire roster and fill as many gaping holes as possible. Then, it is up to the coaches to evaluate the 80 guys we bring to camp, narrow it down to the best 53, and figure out how to win football games by playing the best of those players.

a true gm would care who his starters were? Lol. This isn't an application to become the bills gm. It's just for fun, to see what other combinations we could put together reasonably. It's a message board...it's for entertainment. Unfortunately for you, it's not entertainment. It's serious business.

hmm..well..they would be athletic...have 2 legs and 2 arms...they would all wear the same uniform, well ok not the same, but they would all look the same...some of the guys would be between 220 - 260 lbs and some even bigger than that...eye and hair color would vary..well you get the picture... :doh:

QB- Garcia, Thigpen, Edwards/Brohm/Pike

RB- Jackson, Lynch

WR- Evans

WR- Hardy

WR- Reed

TE- Nelson

LT- 1st round draft pick

LG- Levitre

C- Wood

RG- Incognito

RT- free agent

LDE- Marcus Stroud, free agent

NT- Casey Hampton, Kyle Williams

RDE- Schobel, free agent

ROLB- Maybin

RILB- Mitchell

LILB- free agent, draft pick

LOLB- Pozluzny

RCB- McGee

SS- Florence, Wilson

FS- Byrd, Whitner

LCB- McKelvin

a true gm would care who his starters were? Lol. This isn't an application to become the bills gm. It's just for fun, to see what other combinations we could put together reasonably. It's a message board...it's for entertainment. Unfortunately for you, it's not entertainment. It's serious business.

:doh:

An NFL GM isn't some dude playing Madden, eating a bag of Doritos, sitting in his underwear with his ball cap on backwards. A GM is executive management and he oversees the building of a complete football team across many different functions and disciplines. It's nothing new; successful managers surround themselves with the best talent. Sorry if the reality spoils your "fun" somehow. I'm not going to apologize for wanting the Buffalo Bills to actually be more than a laughingstock in this reality.

:doh:

An NFL GM isn't some dude playing Madden, eating a bag of Doritos, sitting in his underwear with his ball cap on backwards. A GM is executive management and he oversees the building of a complete football team across many different functions and disciplines. It's nothing new; successful managers surround themselves with the best talent. Sorry if the reality spoils your "fun" somehow. I'm not going to apologize for wanting the Buffalo Bills to actually be more than a laughingstock in this reality.

My apologies if you're not only negative nancy that trolls the forums looking for things to pick on....BUT IF YOU READ THE TITLE OF THE THREAD, you'd realize that it was pertaining to the starters. Yes, there are many other things that go into being a GM, but this thread doesn't include those specifics. Strictly the starters. You're acting as if one of us may actually be the GM one day. loosen up. geez. You probably put salt in your coffee instead of sugar. How old are you btw?

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but looking at last year would you really want a guy that had one of the very best running games to work with and still lost every game he started?

I have the thought that he is finished as a starter, he flat out stunk it up, and honestly he is to expensive anyway.

The free agent QB's stink this year, barring a trade or the draft I think the Bills would be foolish to bring in a FA when they already have 2 QB's with game experience.

Lastly, I don't see Kerry Collins even listed as a free agent...

Kerry Collins makes a lot of money so the Titans are likely to cut him. Trent isn't the answer and Fitz is nothing more then a really good backup. Brohm needs to be handled with kid gloves so he can't be thrown in right away. I say Collins because Collins is a vet who can be a good teacher to a guy like Brohm.

Honestly I would take Chad Pennington, Kerry Collins, or Daunte Culpepper all vets who can teach and come in and compete with Fitz for the job.

Which QB that will defintely win a SB would you take? I chose Thigpen because I think he'd be relatively cheap and then we can draft or get a diff QB next year. Bradford/clausen....who knows if they'll be winners, I'm sure you don't. I decided to build our future OL before fixing our QB. That will be next year. Not like we're one year away from winning the SB

I think a 4th round pick is a bit much for a 3rd string QB.

QB fitzgerald

RB Jackson

TE Stupar

LT 1st rnd pick

LG Levitre

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT 2nd rnd pick

WR Evans

WR 3rd rnd pick

WR Parrish

LDE Johnson

NT 4th rnd pick

RDE Stroud

ROLB Maybin

RILB Mitchell

LILB Poz

LOLB Schoebel

CB McGee, McKelvin

SS Scott

FS Byrd

Depth guys in free agency for the defensive front 7. Hopefully I would pick some guys that could help later in the draft.

I hope Ralph would be okay with this.

Which QB that will defintely win a SB would you take? I chose Thigpen because I think he'd be relatively cheap and then we can draft or get a diff QB next year. Bradford/clausen....who knows if they'll be winners, I'm sure you don't. I decided to build our future OL before fixing our QB. That will be next year. Not like we're one year away from winning the SB

I would rather see Brohm play than Thigpen. Even tho we could get Thigpen for a 5th or 6th rounder I would rather use the pick and get a player. If you want to get a qb in next years draft then the best bet is to use a QB on our roster.

QB Fitzpatrick

RB Jackson

RB Lynch

FB McIntyre

TE Nelson

LT (1st Round Pick)

LG Incognito

C Hangartner

RG Wood

RT Levitre

WR Evans

WR Johnson / Hardy

WR Reed

LDE Stroud, (3rd Round Pick) (rotation)

NT (2nd Round Pick), Johnson (rotation)

RDE Williams, Kelsay (rotation)

ROLB Maybin / Ellis

RILB Pozluszny

LILB Mitchell

LOLB Schobel

CB McGee, McKelvin / Florence

SS Scott

FS Byrd

Try to shore up the front sevens on both sides of the ball and grab a QB in the next draft.