If you were GM

NewEra

QB- Tyler Thigpen- traded for a 4th or 4th and pick next year.

RB- Fred

WR- Lee

WR- Antonio Bryant

WE- Mike Willams (Syracuse. 6'2 205) hardy and johnson battle

TE- Shawn Nelson

LT- Brian Bulaga

LG- Levitre

C- Wood

RG- Incognito

RT- Chad Clifton

DE Marcus Stroud

NT- Terrence Cody

DE Kyle Williams

OLB Joey Porter/ Eric Norwood

MLB- Poz

MLB Mitchell

OLB Maybin

CB McGee

CB McKelvin/Florence

S Byrd

S Whitner/Wilson

I'd be pretty happy with this, tho I think it's unlikely we get Thigpen. Ditto for Mike Williams. I would like to see Troy Smith and a rookie battle it out for QB. and I think we can/shld wait on WR with some decent options. I like what I've seen from Johnson in his limited playing time and Hardy has a lot of upside still. I do really want Mike Williams but I think we need to draft for depth in the trenches.

1st post- boo yeah!

Before free agency/draft, it would look something like this

QB: Trent Edwards (if healthy)

RB: Fred Jackson

LT: Open

LG: Levitre- came a long way as a rookie

C: Wood- Better than Hangartner

RG: Meredith- has potential but shouldn't be worked in too fast

RT: Chambers- stopgap

TE: Nelson- shows some promise

WR: Lee Evans

WR: Steve Johnson- unless we find someone better, which Parrish isn't

RE: Kyle Williams- a better penetrator than Stroud at this point

NT: John McCargo- keep the proven guys in a better position

LE: Marcus Stroud- still effective

WOLB: Paul Pozluzny- see if he can do it

WILB: Aaron Maybin- not an edge rusher- he if he can make a Farrior like transition on inside

SILB: Kawika Mitchell

SOLB: Aaron Schobel- one of our top defenders, very athletic

CB: Mcgee

CB McKelvin

FS: Byrd

SS Wilson

WR- Antonio Bryant

RT- Chad Clifton

NT- Shaun Cody

OLB Joey Porter

I can't remember the Bills ever signing FIVE free agent starters (at least five GOOD free agent starters) in one off-season. It would be great to see all five of these guys brought in, but I'm sure you are being way too optimistic.

And oh by the way, I'm not sold on Thigpen being a GOOD free agent starter anyway. If they bring him in, they had better draft one of the better QB's, like maybe Tony Pike, too.

RB- Fred

WR- Lee

WR- Antonio Bryant

WE- Mike Willams (Syracuse. 6'2 205) hardy and johnson battle

TE- Shawn Nelson

LT- Brian Bulaga

LG- Levitre

C- Wood

RG- Incognito

RT- Chad Clifton

DE Marcus Stroud

NT- Shaun Cody

DE Kyle Williams

OLB Joey Porter/ Eric Norwood

MLB- Poz

MLB Mitchell

OLB Maybin

CB McGee

CB McKelvin/Florence

S Byrd

S Whitner/Wilson

If we're looking for the 1st overall pick next year, that oughta do it. I strongly disagree that Thigpen is an improvement over even Edwards or Brohm. And I hate the idea of picking up a bunch of old guys at the end of their career to go with our youth movement. Where does that put us in 2 years?

I say draft your guys and play your guys. Or play our old guys like Schobel. But you don't go throwing around draft picks and FA money to buy yourself a different shade of mediocre.

If we're looking for the 1st overall pick next year, that oughta do it. I strongly disagree that Thigpen is an improvement over even Edwards or Brohm. And I hate the idea of picking up a bunch of old guys at the end of their career to go with our youth movement. Where does that put us in 2 years?

I say draft your guys and play your guys. Or play our old guys like Schobel. But you don't go throwing around draft picks and FA money to buy yourself a different shade of mediocre.

Exactly- getting a bunch of old guys turns you into the Raiders or Redskins

Before free agency/draft, it would look something like this

QB: Trent Edwards (if healthy)

RB: Fred Jackson

LT: Open

LG: Levitre- came a long way as a rookie

C: Wood- Better than Hangartner

RG: Meredith- has potential but shouldn't be worked in too fast

RT: Chambers- stopgap

TE: Nelson- shows some promise

WR: Lee Evans

WR: Steve Johnson- unless we find someone better, which Parrish isn't

RE: Kyle Williams- a better penetrator than Stroud at this point

NT: John McCargo- keep the proven guys in a better position

LE: Marcus Stroud- still effective

WOLB: Paul Pozluzny- see if he can do it

WILB: Aaron Maybin- not an edge rusher- he if he can make a Farrior like transition on inside

SILB: Kawika Mitchell

SOLB: Aaron Schobel- one of our top defenders, very athletic

CB: Mcgee

CB McKelvin

FS: Byrd

SS Wilson

Uugh. Even in a fantasy question you pick an offensive line and a defensive line that is worst than last years!!

I'll skip Trent because we have nothing else but Chambers and McCargo? They were back ups last year. Chambers actually got cut before the season started.

Chambers should never play another game as a Bill again and you have him as a starter? Meredith maybe at RT and either Wood or Incognito at RG makes more sense. Hangarter did a nice job at center while playing inbetween two rookies.

McCargo at NT? He is an incredible kitty, always has some mystery ailments, he could never hold up at NT.

Why not Poz on the inside?

Why Maybin on the inside? You say he is "not an edge rusher?" Then why did we ever draft him?

I'd fire Chan Gailey and hire Marty Schottenheimer :doh:

Draft wise I'd go with Trent Edwards as QB and draft for the O line first 3 picks unless a defensive player was there I couldn't pass up.

The reason I'd go with Edwards is the guy is smart (Stanford) and accurate, and used to running for his life behind a horrid Bills O line. No matter who they draft and find as a free agent the line will lack continuity for a year or so, until then I'd rather not have some rookie getting his brains beaten out. As for Thigpin, You really want to know what I'm give Miami for him... I usually flush that stuff.

QB - Campbell/Fitzpatrick/Edwards

RB - Jackson/Lynch

WR - Evans/Hardy

WR - Owens or Kevin Walter

WE - S. Johnson

TE - Nelson/Schoumann

LT - Bulaga

LG - Levitre

C - Wood/Hangartner

RG - Incognito

RT - Merideth/Bell

DE - Marcus Stroud

NT - Casey Hampton

DE - Kyle Williams

OLB - Schobel/Ellis

MLB - Poz

MLB - Mitchell

OLB - Maybin/Ellison

CB - McGee/Youboty/Lankster

CB - McKelvin/Florence/Corner

SS - Whitner/Scott

FS - Byrd/Wilson

Thigpen will never be a superbowl winning quarterback. We do not need him. I don't know why people don't understand that.

Because you have never told us that you can see into the future. So, now that you have spoken, it's official. Who will lead us to the promise land, wise one?

A true GM wouldn't care who the starters might be. He'd care about 1) getting the right coaches, 2) getting the proper evaluation of where the biggest weaknesses on the team are, 3) put together a first rate scouting staff and get competent evaluations on college and pro personnel put together, and then 4) going after the best players to increase the level of competition across the entire roster and fill as many gaping holes as possible. Then, it is up to the coaches to evaluate the 80 guys we bring to camp, narrow it down to the best 53, and figure out how to win football games by playing the best of those players.

Its too late to change coaches but that's another story.

QB- Kerry Collins (With Fitz and Brohm as backups)

RB- Freddie and Lynch as a combo

WR- Lee Evans, TO or Chris Chambers (Preferably TO but Chambers wouldn't be that bad of a backup plan), with Hardy and Stevie J battling it out at the slot.

TE- Shawn Nelson and Ben Watson (Splitting time with Schoulman and Stupar as the backups)

Offensive Line

LT- Buluga (Or best LT at pick 9)

LG- Levitre

C- Hangartner

RG- Wood

RT- Bell/Meridith/3rd round pick battling it out

Defense

DE- Kyle Williams, Jarvis Green, Spencer Johnson, and Marcus Stroud

NT- Terrance Cody and Jason Fergueson

MLB- Poz, Mitchel,

OLB- Schobel and Maybin

CB- McGee. McKelvin, with Florence at Nickel and Corner at Dime and Lankaster as a backup

SS- Whitner and Wilson battle it out

FS- Byrd

So my 1st 3 draft choices would be Buluga (Or the best LT available) Terrance Cody and a RT in round 3. I would then draft up my front 7 (Mostly look at getting a MLB and a OLB in rounds 4 and 5 because we are so thin at linebacker) with the rest of my mid and late round picks seeing as we are going to need to stock up on 3-4 talent.

Key free agent acquisitions would be Kerry Collins, Chris Chambers if TO is not resigned, Ben Watson, Jarvis Green, and Jason Ferguson. All in all its about continuing to build the O-line and the new 3-4. Collins teaches Brohm (Who the new staff gets a whole year to look at), while the new O-line takes a year to continue to gel. Cody anchors the new 3-4 and we see who makes the successful conversion to the 3-4 from our Old D.

Because you have never told us that you can see into the future. So, now that you have spoken, it's official. Who will lead us to the promise land, wise one?

I don't know who it will be. Everyone who posts Thigpens stats forgets the most important one. 1win-10 losses. That is not good enough. Trent won more games this season. I hope Brohm will be the one to lead us to the promise land but I don't know. My crystal ball ran out of batteries so I can't answer you now.

Its too late to change coaches but that's another story.

QB- Kerry Collins (With Fitz and Brohm as backups)

RB- Freddie and Lynch as a combo

WR- Lee Evans, TO or Chris Chambers (Preferably TO but Chambers wouldn't be that bad of a backup plan), with Hardy and Stevie J battling it out at the slot.

TE- Shawn Nelson and Ben Watson (Splitting time with Schoulman and Stupar as the backups)

Offensive Line

LT- Buluga (Or best LT at pick 9)

LG- Levitre

C- Hangartner

RG- Wood

RT- Bell/Meridith/3rd round pick battling it out

Defense

DE- Kyle Williams, Jarvis Green, Spencer Johnson, and Marcus Stroud

NT- Terrance Cody and Jason Fergueson

MLB- Poz, Mitchel,

OLB- Schobel and Maybin

CB- McGee. McKelvin, with Florence at Nickel and Corner at Dime and Lankaster as a backup

SS- Whitner and Wilson battle it out

FS- Byrd

So my 1st 3 draft choices would be Buluga (Or the best LT available) Terrance Cody and a RT in round 3. I would then draft up my front 7 (Mostly look at getting a MLB and a OLB in rounds 4 and 5 because we are so thin at linebacker) with the rest of my mid and late round picks seeing as we are going to need to stock up on 3-4 talent.

Key free agent acquisitions would be Kerry Collins, Chris Chambers if TO is not resigned, Ben Watson, Jarvis Green, and Jason Ferguson. All in all its about continuing to build the O-line and the new 3-4. Collins teaches Brohm (Who the new staff gets a whole year to look at), while the new O-line takes a year to continue to gel. Cody anchors the new 3-4 and we see who makes the successful conversion to the 3-4 from our Old D.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but looking at last year would you really want a guy that had one of the very best running games to work with and still lost every game he started?

I have the thought that he is finished as a starter, he flat out stunk it up, and honestly he is to expensive anyway.

The free agent QB's stink this year, barring a trade or the draft I think the Bills would be foolish to bring in a FA when they already have 2 QB's with game experience.

Lastly, I don't see Kerry Collins even listed as a free agent...

I'd fire Chan Gailey and hire Marty Schottenheimer :doh:

Draft wise I'd go with Trent Edwards as QB and draft for the O line first 3 picks unless a defensive player was there I couldn't pass up.

The reason I'd go with Edwards is the guy is smart (Stanford) and accurate, and used to running for his life behind a horrid Bills O line. No matter who they draft and find as a free agent the line will lack continuity for a year or so, until then I'd rather not have some rookie getting his brains beaten out. As for Thigpin, You really want to know what I'm give Miami for him... I usually flush that stuff.

Actually, he is used to being NAILED behind a horrid Bills O line and spending time in the hospital.

I can't remember the Bills ever signing FIVE free agent starters (at least five GOOD free agent starters) in one off-season. It would be great to see all five of these guys brought in, but I'm sure you are being way too optimistic.

And oh by the way, I'm not sold on Thigpen being a GOOD free agent starter anyway. If they bring him in, they had better draft one of the better QB's, like maybe Tony Pike, too.

Hmmm, I meant Terrence Cody, my bad. And thigpen isn't a FA. 3 FA's, a trade for thigpen and Cody in the 2nd(if he's there)

Thigpen will never be a superbowl winning quarterback. We do not need him. I don't know why people don't understand that.

Which QB that will defintely win a SB would you take? I chose Thigpen because I think he'd be relatively cheap and then we can draft or get a diff QB next year. Bradford/clausen....who knows if they'll be winners, I'm sure you don't. I decided to build our future OL before fixing our QB. That will be next year. Not like we're one year away from winning the SB