This Front Office is looking smarter and Smarter

PNW_Bills_Fan

I can't believe you took the time to process this thought, let alone type it. I could see this as an immediate reaction to the hiring, but we're a little less than 2 months away from his first draft with us! You've got no leverage in an argument here. No one does. He needs to coach some games before you can be so ridiculously critical.

I am not being critical of his tenure with the Bills. He has hired some pretty good assistants so far. I am merly saying that giving kudos to this front office for assembling a on paper decent support staff for a mental hire to begin with doesn't make this regime smart at all.

I hope that Gailey works out but if you look at his tenure since Dallas what makes you think it will?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that Gailey works out but if you look at his tenure since Dallas what makes you think it will?

You do realize he has no tenure since Dallas, right? He's been an assistant, and a coach in college, but he has nothing else to go off of.

I was a little surprised with the Nix hire but I can say he seems to know what he is doing.

Gailey took the job that was offered to him, cant blame the man for that. I hope the old school can toughen up a small team. Well hopefully he will field a bigger team, the guys that were cut recently fit the old scheme, maybe some starts will play more SP in the future.

But I would have like to see the Bills hire Marty... not for him being HC but his son would have left the Jets to coach with his father. After the sucess with the Jets offense with a rookie QB I think that Marty would have groomed him for the HC job in Buffalo. Maybe even after one year. That would have been sweet.

But the Whaley move was smart, thinking that Nix will pass his job to him after a few years, maybe sooner.

Also the DeHaven re-hire was excellent and 2 Conditioning coaches cant hurt.

The draft is gonna tell us alot and maybe if they have a good draft like last yr hopefully than can make the playoffs in 2011.

Marty was fired and never madeit to the super bowl. Let it go.

Marty would have been a good hire. He has a track record, but he is not the only coach that can help turn this ship around. I would have taken a couple different coaches, but when I look at what we have I am content and excited to see what is going to happen.

Chan has a coaching staff that has lots of coaching experience. It may not be in the Pro Ranks, but a lot of College experience. Then they are getting younger guys that can be mentored into being the next coach to come in and take over when the old guys are done. Not to mention two heads are better than one. These coaches can challenge each other and see things that the others cannot. I like the moves so far. My opinion will change with wins and losses, but what Bills fan doesn't .

You really can't say they are looking smarter and smarter because of what is on paper or in college. Bring this up again this time next year and most all people will be in agreement whether they are doing a better job than the individuals they replaced or not. They haven't done anything good or bad yet, so with the track record of this organization, most of us will hold judgement on them and just hope for the best.

Chan's the Man...Things are starting to shape up. Now if we get a couple of key FA's like Seymour and Thigpen and have a good draft we should be a playoff team...

Thigpen as a key FA? What kind of Kool-Aid are you drinking? Seymour Yes. I'd love to see that move, but Not Thigpen, just because Chan got some production out of him does not mean he will be good behind our line. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

I am sorry but is hiring Chan !@#$ing Gailey as the coach when Marty Schotenheimer wanted the job is a incompetent move. I mean are we seriously giving kudos to a front office that hired a guy the Kansas City Chiefs fired. Oh but he the KC Chiefs offense fell 7 ranks when he left well you know who else also left KC the same year as Gailey Tony Gonzales who is likely the reason why KC's offense fell from bad to God awful.

Look at Gailey's track record and is there anything since a semi-successful run with Dallas that shows why Gailey will be a success? Miami actually got better right after he left. GA tech got better after he left. Then the one stop where the team was worse after he left it was more likely due to the HOF Tight End who also left with him.

I am sorry but Marty ball should be our HC. We need a guy who is a proven winner not a proven disappointment. While I do like the coordinators and assistants they have brought in the overall hire of Gailey is a bad one. I love for anyone to seriously defend this hire of Gailey as HC when Marty ball wanted the job.

That was a tough read man.

I was a little surprised with the Nix hire but I can say he seems to know what he is doing.

Gailey took the job that was offered to him, cant blame the man for that. I hope the old school can toughen up a small team. Well hopefully he will field a bigger team, the guys that were cut recently fit the old scheme, maybe some starts will play more SP in the future.

But I would have like to see the Bills hire Marty... not for him being HC but his son would have left the Jets to coach with his father. After the sucess with the Jets offense with a rookie QB I think that Marty would have groomed him for the HC job in Buffalo. Maybe even after one year. That would have been sweet.

But the Whaley move was smart, thinking that Nix will pass his job to him after a few years, maybe sooner.

Also the DeHaven re-hire was excellent and 2 Conditioning coaches cant hurt.

The draft is gonna tell us alot and maybe if they have a good draft like last yr hopefully than can make the playoffs in 2011.

I kinda look at Chan Gailey as that last kid at the playground after everyone else they wanted to pick to be on their team turned them down and he was all that was left. I would have loved to have had Marty or even Brian Billick anyday over what they hired, but what is done is done, so maybe in 3 years when they fire Gailey, Marty won't be pulling an oxygen tank around and they will look closer then, but he will be about 75 by then.

You really can't say they are looking smarter and smarter because of what is on paper or in college. Bring this up again this time next year and most all people will be in agreement whether they are doing a better job than the individuals they replaced or not. They haven't done anything good or bad yet, so with the track record of this organization, most of us will hold judgement on them and just hope for the best.

I think the poster is merely stating an opinion that he likes the hires, and at the end said the same thing as you. You said "most of us will hold judgement on them and just hope for the best.", and he said "My opinion will change with wins and losses".

I know we have to reserve judgment because the new regime hasn't even had a team meeting, let alone play a game. But we can judge what they have done on paper. Don't you like or feel optimistic about where we are headed based on some of the hires?

I am sorry but is hiring Chan !@#$ing Gailey as the coach when Marty Schotenheimer wanted the job is a incompetent move. I mean are we seriously giving kudos to a front office that hired a guy the Kansas City Chiefs fired. Oh but he the KC Chiefs offense fell 7 ranks when he left well you know who else also left KC the same year as Gailey Tony Gonzales who is likely the reason why KC's offense fell from bad to God awful.

Look at Gailey's track record and is there anything since a semi-successful run with Dallas that shows why Gailey will be a success? Miami actually got better right after he left. GA tech got better after he left. Then the one stop where the team was worse after he left it was more likely due to the HOF Tight End who also left with him.

I am sorry but Marty ball should be our HC. We need a guy who is a proven winner not a proven disappointment. While I do like the coordinators and assistants they have brought in the overall hire of Gailey is a bad one. I love for anyone to seriously defend this hire of Gailey as HC when Marty ball wanted the job.

Sorry but, Marty Ball to many has been a proven disappointment.

We can sit here and type all day long about if the new FO is good or not.

The fact of the matter is this.....

We wont know until FA and after the draft. Plain and simple.

it's easy to cut players on a team that pretty much sucked last year. What matters is what players you bring to your team

I think the poster is merely stating an opinion that he likes the hires, and at the end said the same thing as you. You said "most of us will hold judgement on them and just hope for the best.", and he said "My opinion will change with wins and losses".

I know we have to reserve judgment because the new regime hasn't even had a team meeting, let alone play a game. But we can judge what they have done on paper. Don't you like or feel optimistic about where we are headed based on some of the hires?

I wasn't criticizing anyone, just referring to the title of the post-as if they are doing so much already that they are looking smarter and smarter every day. I was just giving my opinion also, that as gunshy as this fanbase should be by now, we should let them prove something before we bury them in accolades.

We can sit here and type all day long about if the new FO is good or not.

The fact of the matter is this.....

We wont know until FA and after the draft. Plain and simple.

it's easy to cut players on a team that pretty much sucked last year. What matters is what players you bring to your team

I agree with most of your post with the exception of after the draft and FA we will know whether they are good or not. Even that is a little too soon, looking at some of the free agent busts over the past decade that seemed like good signings at the time. I guess only time will tell.

I love how people still Marty wanted the job when he came out said he hadn't even thought about it or had a single discussion about it.

Seymour would be great, but the patsies are not ever going to let that tank come to Buffalo. He would kill them. Stroud, Seymour, and Williams/Johnson would be MONSTERS. Especially with Maybin, Mitchell, Poz, and a pick up like Porter blasting through the line behind them. Byrd, Whitner running wild, and McGee, Florence/Corner making receivers lives miserable. Ha Ha!!

That would be awesome stuff brother!! :rolleyes:

Seymour would be great, but the patsies are not ever going to let that tank come to Buffalo. He would kill them. Stroud, Seymour, and Williams/Johnson would be MONSTERS. Especially with Maybin, Mitchell, Poz, and a pick up like Porter blasting through the line behind them. Byrd, Whitner running wild, and McGee, Florence/Corner making receivers lives miserable. Ha Ha!!

That would be awesome stuff brother!! :rolleyes:

The Pats* have zero say in the matter. If anything, the fact that he could play against the Pats* would be one of the main reason Seymour would come here. He hates them right now. That said, he is looking old. I'd love the guy if the price was right but IMO, you win on defense with young blood.