The death of a once proud franchise:

I have been through a lot as many of you have with the Buffalo Bills. I am 30 years old and have been a Bills fan for 22 of them. Never switched teams, always stuck with the Bills through the good and the bad. I don't know about you, but I love this team. As horrible as they are, as much of an embarrassment as they've become, I still love them.

But maybe we all should face the inevitable: The Buffalo Bills will not be here once Mr. Wilson does pass on. Look at the reality of this situation. The city of Buffalo has an NFL franchise, Los Angeles does not. The NFL is #1 in the US when it comes to popularity. So, the number one sport in the country has a franchise in a "hole-in-the-wall" that is Buffalo-(actually Orchard Park) and has none in cities like L.A., Las Vegas, Toronto, etc. The Buffalo Bills offer nothing to the NFL. They're not entertaining, they're not a winning franchise, they have the cheapest stadium tickets, and cannot build a new, modern-day stadium. And before you hit me with: "You're such a pessimist" or "Hey Sully, is that you? hehehe". I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I don't want the Bills to leave. That's the last thing I want. In fact, I don't watch the Sabres, or the NHL. I have no MLB team, hate the NBA, and soccer...dont even get me started on soccer.

The Bills are all I have. However, they are a joke. I'm not going to waste any time writing why they're a joke, we all know why! The biggest joke of all though, is that all of you talk about the 90's. The good old days, right? "Bring Back the 90's jerseys!". "Jim Kelly needs to buy the team!" "Hire Bruce Smith as Defensive coordinator!"

Here's the facts:

Putting 1990 jerseys on guys such as Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jonathan Scott will not turn them into Jim Kelly and Howard Ballard. You can take the stripes off of a zebra, but its still a zebra. And the two above players will STILL suck.

Jim Kelly may have been successful as the QB of this team. An NFL hall of famer-yes. An NFL team owner-not so much.

Kelly would have a lesser chance of buying the Bills as Tiger Woods has of being a faithful husband.-ZZZZING!

Oh, and Bruce Smith being a DC. Sure, if he could make it to practice or to a game without having to take a breath-a-lizer test resulting in him being late. And, our run defense is bad enough, without having a tequila-d up has been trying to transform Chris Kelsay into a somewhat respectable player.

My solution. Call NFL Network, tell them to never show any more film on the four Superbowls, the Comeback game, Music City miracle, or anything to do with that era. Ban them from the stadium and erase anything that has to do with that era.

I'd rather have the terrible Bills of these days than to have to listen to one more second of "The Glory Days". Its embarrassing, and if you bring any of the above up when you "admit" to being a Bills fan, you're an even bigger embarrassment. I'm as big of a diehard fan as anyone, but if the team doesn't give you something to talk about soon, they are better off being taken behind the shed like old-yeller was.....................................bang!

I have been through a lot as many of you have with the Buffalo Bills. I am 30 years old and have been a Bills fan for 22 of them. Never switched teams, always stuck with the Bills through the good and the bad. I don't know about you, but I love this team. As horrible as they are, as much of an embarrassment as they've become, I still love them.

But maybe we all should face the inevitable: The Buffalo Bills will not be here once Mr. Wilson does pass on. Look at the reality of this situation. The city of Buffalo has an NFL franchise, Los Angeles does not. The NFL is #1 in the US when it comes to popularity. So, the number one sport in the country has a franchise in a "hole-in-the-wall" that is Buffalo-(actually Orchard Park) and has none in cities like L.A., Las Vegas, Toronto, etc. The Buffalo Bills offer nothing to the NFL. They're not entertaining, they're not a winning franchise, they have the cheapest stadium tickets, and cannot build a new, modern-day stadium. And before you hit me with: "You're such a pessimist" or "Hey Sully, is that you? hehehe". I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I don't want the Bills to leave. That's the last thing I want. In fact, I don't watch the Sabres, or the NHL. I have no MLB team, hate the NBA, and soccer...dont even get me started on soccer.

The Bills are all I have. However, they are a joke. I'm not going to waste any time writing why they're a joke, we all know why! The biggest joke of all though, is that all of you talk about the 90's. The good old days, right? "Bring Back the 90's jerseys!". "Jim Kelly needs to buy the team!" "Hire Bruce Smith as Defensive coordinator!"

Here's the facts:

Putting 1990 jerseys on guys such as Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jonathan Scott will not turn them into Jim Kelly and Howard Ballard. You can take the stripes off of a zebra, but its still a zebra. And the two above players will STILL suck.

Jim Kelly may have been successful as the QB of this team. An NFL hall of famer-yes. An NFL team owner-not so much.

Kelly would have a lesser chance of buying the Bills as Tiger Woods has of being a faithful husband.-ZZZZING!

Oh, and Bruce Smith being a DC. Sure, if he could make it to practice or to a game without having to take a breath-a-lizer test resulting in him being late. And, our run defense is bad enough, without having a tequila-d up has been trying to transform Chris Kelsay into a somewhat respectable player.

My solution. Call NFL Network, tell them to never show any more film on the four Superbowls, the Comeback game, Music City miracle, or anything to do with that era. Ban them from the stadium and erase anything that has to do with that era.

I'd rather have the terrible Bills of these days than to have to listen to one more second of "The Glory Days". Its embarrassing, and if you bring any of the above up when you "admit" to being a Bills fan, you're an even bigger embarrassment. I'm as big of a diehard fan as anyone, but if the team doesn't give you something to talk about soon, they are better off being taken behind the shed like old-yeller was.....................................bang!

OHHHHHHHH Another One. There hasent been one of these in awhile!!!

So you say your not going to do something half way in the post, of what your actually doing, but supposedlly not doing????? :devil:

Three posts in two days, saying in essence the exact same thing?

C'mon man, be better than that. We got it the first two times you posted it, you don't want to live on yesterday anymore. A quick solution would be to simply avoid the topics that deal with issues you don't like (ie: days of yesteryear.) It will save you a lot of angst and needless ranting.

Pip-pip and cheerio!

Old Yeller was KILLED?

:devil:

Here's the facts:

So, I will say it again...as you keep repeating this same pathetic sentiment...should we all be hearkening back to the days of the September 2008 Bills, or the October/November 2004 Bills who couldn't beat an undermanned Steelers team, at home, to clinch a playoff spot in December? Or is that going back too far? Should we only look forward, to show what great Bills fans we are? I am with you...

What is more pathetic than fantasizing about Jim Kelly being the team owner, or Bruce Smith as the defensive coordinator?

I am with you...to the future! I can't wait until Terrell Owens is president in 2012...you think he has a shot? Maybe he can get Ocho Sinco as his VP! The future is so !@#$ing bright...no need to relish the past.... :devil:

you are a loser

So, I will say it again...as you keep repeating this same pathetic sentiment...should we all be hearkening back to the days of the September 2008 Bills, or the October/November 2004 Bills who couldn't beat an undermanned Steelers team, at home, to clinch a playoff spot in December? Or is that going back too far? Should we only look forward, to show what great Bills fans we are? I am with you...

What is more pathetic than fantasizing about Jim Kelly being the team owner, or Bruce Smith as the defensive coordinator?

I am with you...to the future! I can't wait until Terrell Owens is president in 2012...you think he has a shot? Maybe he can get Ocho Sinco as his VP! The future is so !@#$ing bright...no need to relish the past.... B-)

You've got some moxie there Buftex, I like the cut of your jib! :devil:

My wife and I are going to renew our wedding vows (there we go again living in the past), would you be interested in attending? We're registered at NFLShop.com! :nana:

Go play a game of Tecmo Super Bowl. The two worst teams- by far- are the Patriots and the Colts. This is based on the 1990 season (the Seahwaks suck pretty bad too). Things go in cycles. The Colts had sucked for awhile at that point and would continue to suck for the first half of the 90's. The Patriots also sucked for a long time. Having had season tickets from '87 to '95, I can tell you that I used to complain every year when they played the Patriots and the Colts because it was always 42-6 and it was never a good football game. The Bills made the playoffs 10 out of 12 seasons between 1988 and 1999. Hell, they've made the playoffs 10 out of the last 22 seasons- that's pretty good if you really think about it. Dude, I'm only one year older than you, but try and have some perspective please. I'm sure if there were early 90's Patriots chat rooms, people would've been saying things much like this.

Here's the facts:

All I see here is someone who was around 9 years old when the best, most fun times in Bills history took place. Must stink being bitter about a time when a lot of us were in our 20s and 30s enjoying it full tilt. Those games and tailgates will never be re-created and I, for one, would not have missed it for the world!

Here's the facts:

Kid. Trust me. When you say "once great" you really mean they were great just one time. The Bills have been a mediocrity for most of their 50 years. It's what makes the good years so awesome. Every division championship of AFC crown is a like a gift from the gods. Where's the challenge in being a New York Yankees or Dallas Cowboys fan? Being a Bills fan is what being a fan really means.

So if you had enough, thanks for the suicide note and we'll see ya' later.

PTR

I wish I had my 2 minutes back from reading the OP..

Please feel free to go find another team..

FYI, the Saint's just won the Superbowl for the first time. Why don't you jump on their bandwagon?

That would get old real quick, hearing all those silly, delusional Saints fans pissing and moaning, comparing the 2010 team to the 2009 team...I think what TO4Prez2012 is getting at, is we, as sports fans (or at least Bills fans) should never look back, only forward...if he were to switch teams, the Lions and Browns are really his only choices. There are few fans alive, old enough to remember their glory days... we need to live in the present. Any free agent we sign, should be considered a presidential candidate, or, at the very least, better than anyone else to play the position in a Bills uniform. I thik TO4Prez2012 is on to something...it is the only way this team will every win a championship.... :devil: