Marc Bulger as a Bill?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets look at the resume

- Has has taken the Rams from being the greatest show on earth to the sorry offensive team they are now.

- He is a poor QB and anyone would be foolish to look at him as anything more than a back up.

- Couldn't win with Bruce and Holt as receivers

- No chance of leading a team to the Superbowl.

- Has led the Rams to be the worst team in the league

Git'er Done Buddy

Actually, I would much prefer to see Garcia given a chance. He played well in all of his recent playing years. He's athletic, which, to me, indicates that he's the kind of older QB that could play at a high level for another year or two, on account of his mobility and athleticism. Anyway, I'd like to see him brought in as a mentor to a rookie this year, and let them compete in camp along with Brohm and maybe even Edwards (although with Edwards I'd be hesitant to see him play good in practice and then fold under pressure.)

Everytime I think about Jeff Garcia and the Buffalo Bills, all that comes to mind is that last good defense we had and how it looked like at the time they ended his career. Garcia looked so out of place in that game and was brutalized.

As far as Garcia-to-Buffalo goes, I'd rather have Pennington.

If Bulger gets cut I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a stop gap one year option. This is of course if we intend on drafting a LT with pick number 9. If we draft Buluga and our O-line improves with the return of Wood and Butler (And the obvious addition of Buluga) we might have a unit capable of growing into one that can protect a QB.

But I think there are better stop gap options then Bulger like Kerry Collins.

• 2 weeks later...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...zero-presence/1

"D'Marco Farr started on the defensive line for the St. Louis Rams' 1999 Super Bowl team, and now he's a radio analyst for the club, so he knows a thing or two about the inner workings of the franchise.

And he said on NFL Network's NFL Total Access on Tuesday night that the Rams will have a new starting quarterback in 2010 because Marc Bulger lacked the chops to keep the job. Said Farr:

"I think that ship has sailed. I think Marc Bulger has played his last snap for the St. Louis Rams, and I'm confident in saying that. Now there's a guy with all the talent in the world in my opinion. Has the same brain as Kurt Warner; they were trained under the same guy in Mike Martz. But absolutely no charisma. I mean the quarterback position is the guy everyone on the team wants to be. I don't think anyone wants to be Marc Bulger, so they're gonna need a new quarterback coming into 2010, either through free agency or through the draft."

And Farr didn't stop there, adding:

"It's a sad deal because the guy can wing the football. I mean the guy can flat play. But it's just -- he has aboslutely zero presence. Kyle Boller had a bigger presence than Marc Bulger did last season, and Kyle Boller is not half the player Marc Bulger is."

Bulger remains under contract with the team while Boller is an unrestricted free agent.

Farr believes the St. Louis natives want the team to draft Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford, but he thinks the Rams should take Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh and find a quarterback in free agency. -- Nate Davis

"

Bulger witha good Oline is more serviceable than Fitz, TE of Brohm. He hasn't had an Oline in years. Pace was on the downside of a great career, Barron, never lived to expectations and is available. Get a good line and get one to two years out of Bulger and bring along Brohm or a QB in the draft.

When will the washed up loser QB threads stop? Seriously, if a guy hasn't won anything somewhere else, why would you want him here? Seriously?? How many people would pay money to see these guys play?

here's the list of garbage QBs i have seen threads on here recently:

Donovan McNabb

Jeff Garcia

Jason Campbell

JP Losman (part 2)

Micheal Vick

Dante Culpepper

Chad Pennington

Charlie batch

and a few others that escape me at the moment. Why on God's green earth would anyone want a guy who hasn't won anything other than some regular season games and a few (very few) playoff games to come here. And if you're thinking veteran leadership, forget it, these guys will only mentor mediocracy.

Start new, with good solid coaching and a quality offensive scheme, surround said young QB with talent. forget the washed up bums, has beens, and never will-be's. I know the team hasn't won a playoff game since the music city mistake, but i have not sunk that low that i want to see some of this trash in a Bills uniform.

:lol: He's got about the same amount fire and passion as Jauron, IMO you need both your head coach and your QB to be the emotional leaders of your team. Bulger might be better than any QB on our roster but he's still just back up material if you ask me.

Exhibit A: Rex Ryan and Sanchez