mcnabb WILL be traded

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you do it for a SWAP of first round picks?

If I was the GM I would be looking to land Hampton Trade down to mid round take a NT and WR ib round 2 so we don't have a first or a second to trade. it would be hard to say no if they were willing to take next years first.

Some reports said that McNabb had no interest in Buffalo. That's apparently false and he'd be open to playing for the Bills, but would rather remain an Eagle, period.

I would love to get McNabb here in Buffalo, but I'm not willing to see the Bills give up multiple early round draft picks when they have so many glaring holes to fill. Maybe a trade such as Marshawn Lynch and a third rounder? or swap 1st round picks with them and include a later pick or player?? Just ideas. I just don't want to see them completely be empty handed when it comes to picking in the first two rounds!!

Haven’t we been down this road before? How did the Bledsoe think work out? We need to build for the future, not just a quick fix then back to square one again. Old teams get older; young teams get better.

Actually as far as his production goes he had 2 pro bowl type years and 1 good year with a bad year behind a terrible offensive line and One of those good years was behind a bad line you forget those were the Mike Williams is our franchise LT years.

I say do what it takes to get him here. many of you say you are not willing to give up a 2nd rounder for McNabb? Lets take a stroll down memory lane with first rounders:

Would you trade ___________ for Donovan Mcnabb right now?

2009- Aaron Maybin: YES

2009- Eric Wood: Yes

2008- Leodis: Yes

2007- Marshawn: Yes

2006- Donte: Yes

2005: none

2004: JP- YES

2004: Evans: Yes

Obviously you have a chance of getting a very good player in the 1st round, but odds are strongly in favor that he wont be as good as Donovan. AND you can get good players in every round. Its all a crapshoot. I would give almost whatever it takes to put him in a Bills uni for 2010 to 2013 or 2014. Get a guy in the 3rd or wait til next year and get a GOOD QB like Mallett or Locker, and let him sit for 2 years. IF Philly wanted only a 2nd rounder for him, it would be like striking gold! McNabb is a proven winner, an above average QB, and has at bare minimum 3 years left at a high level. To say no to a 2nd rounder is plain foolish, and would have to wonder if your last name was Guy or Modrak.

This team has not had a QB since Jim Kelly. To pass up McNabb would show the city of Buffalo Ralph has no interest in winning right now. I, on the other hand, want to have a winning team in B-Lo ASAP. Giving up a 2nd rounder or even a 1st would not set this franchise back much, if at all.

GO BILLS!

absolutely no way would i give even one 2nd for mcnabb let alone two

like it or not, '10 is a wash. i cant imagine how a team w/o a qb and switching defenses has any chance at the playoffs. why in the hell would you want to throw high picks away for an aging player in that situation? that deal would be for solid teams that need a vet qb to round out the squad, not a team thats trying to figure out where to wipe its own butt

keep the picks and find a retread veteran qb for '10. lord knows they are out there

absolutely no way would i give even one 2nd for mcnabb let alone two

like it or not, '10 is a wash. i cant imagine how a team w/o a qb and switching defenses has any chance at the playoffs. why in the hell would you want to throw high picks away for an aging player in that situation? that deal would be for solid teams that need a vet qb to round out the squad, not a team thats trying to figure out where to wipe its own butt

keep the picks and find a retread veteran qb for '10. lord knows they are out there

What are ya talkin' about there, Meathead, huhhh???? :unsure:

On NFL network, they are convinced that they are going to keep McNabb and Vick. They think that they will trade Kolb. And they talked about the Browns being the team he goes to.

I'll be very frank in saying this: In 2002, Bledsoe was "allegedly" going to be our savior...Didn't happen.(Although he was the last QB to deliver a "winning" season. If they sign McNabb, fine. But we NEED to draft a QB, the right QB, in April with our first pick. Is there a defining pick that stands out, ala Peyton Manning? No. Whatever pick we take is going to have a question mark on it, be-it Tebow, Claussen, Bradford, LeFevour, etc. But we definitely need one of those guys, no matter

if we get McNabb or the Dog executioner.

WAR- Miss Teen South Carolina butchering the english language.

The Bills can really help fill one of their critical needs by acquiring McNabb. He's one of the best options talent-wise for them to acquire at QB.

I would NOT give up a R1 or R2 for him though. I would give up a R3 in 2010 OR a R4 plus a conditional pick in 2011.

If we can get a QB like McNabb we will at least give ourselves a fighting chance for the next 3 years until we can develop a younger QB.

The Bills will need to use their R1 pick on a LT this year or it won't matter who they start at QB.

mcnabb has less than three years of useful life left by pretty much anyone's opinion. I like him, and thought he was a great quarterback in his day...but would not use a high draft choice for him. In fact I'd give up more for Vick (who has a lot more tread on the tire) than McNabb, but in any event getting either one of them should be secondary to shoring up the offensive line and developing the defense. If they come to us through a trade involving Lynch or Whitner and a low draft choice, fine. If not...let's look elsewhere, go with free agency or play with the qb's we have.

I love mcnabb, but he sucks. He constantly throws the ball at his recievers feet. I watch a lot of Philly games, they're my second fav team and he's not what we need. I'll take my chances w/a young stud, mcnabb will only get a ring as a backup qb IMO.