Deadliest Catch captain Phil Harris

BarkLessWagMore

Update the episode is on tonight where he passes at 9PM, just a reminder.

Should be an emotional episode.

Jesus H. Christ man, at least give us a *spoiler alert* and do a black on black text or something

Nope. I've never seen the show, so I don't really care.

and yet you felt the need to critize him about a widely known/promoted event?

FYI, the Captain Phil storyline has sucked my wife in this season...she can no longer yell at me for watching!

FYI, the Captain Phil storyline has sucked my wife in this season...she can no longer yell at me for watching!

Mine has been sucked in as well. We're actually staying up tonight to watch it, we usually Tivo.

I really hope Jake can pull it together before his father passes.

Mine has been sucked in as well. We're actually staying up tonight to watch it, we usually Tivo.

I really hope Jake can pull it together before his father passes.

Based on the scene with he and Josh in the hotel room I doubt he's going to pull it together but I hope so.

Interesting...they had Jake on one After the Catch episode and Josh on another but they never mention the 'other brother' to either kid.

Surprised no one has commented on the (Phil's) last episode. I thought the last 5 mins were brilliant - the juxtaposition of the the rest of the fleet out in a hellacious storm - and loving every minute of it - during Phil's last hours on earth - with Johnny Cash playing in the background - wow.

Thought the whole thing was extremely classy and done very well. I really didn't feel like they exploited his death. It was Phil after all who told them "gotta have an ending". I'll admit - I shed tears.

Honestly I don't like "After the Catch" in NO. Talk about the proverbrial fish out of water - would much rather have them up in the Pacific NW somewhere talking about the season than down on the bayou. The ending w/ NO style funeral was a nice try but honestly was almost cringe-worthy to me.

and yet you felt the need to critize him about a widely known/promoted event?

I wasn't criticizing him. I was making a joke.

As for the episode, I watched it. Never seen the show before, and I just casually watched knowing I probably won't watch any future episodes. I will admit, although not emotionally attached to the show, that the last segment of the show was very well done.

On a side note, I have totally given up on discovery and history channel due to their reality programming. I do watch pawn stars, but other than that I tend to watch shows on the history international channel, science channel, and natgeo. I'm just hoping that in 5-10 years that this reality craze will move on.

Surprised no one has commented on the (Phil's) last episode. I thought the last 5 mins were brilliant - the juxtaposition of the the rest of the fleet out in a hellacious storm - and loving every minute of it - during Phil's last hours on earth - with Johnny Cash playing in the background - wow.

Thought the whole thing was extremely classy and done very well. I really didn't feel like they exploited his death. It was Phil after all who told them "gotta have an ending". I'll admit - I shed tears.

Honestly I don't like "After the Catch" in NO. Talk about the proverbrial fish out of water - would much rather have them up in the Pacific NW somewhere talking about the season than down on the bayou. The ending w/ NO style funeral was a nice try but honestly was almost cringe-worthy to me.

I agree with all of your points. He was a guy that you just had to like - he did not have anything fake about him. I hope the boys do well.

I loved that episode.... it is deserving of an Emmy nomination. Excellent storyline and Phil apologizing to Josh for not being there when he was younger during his final hours was amazing.

I just hope for Josh that his father dying and him not being there for it does not cause him to relapse.

Just so you and I are on the same page...Jake was the one who went to rehab (younger brother) while Josh is the older brother.

:thumbsup:

Yea thats my bad, He actually apologized to both of them for the same. Then Jake apologized for not being able to be there for his dad. IIRC (I could be wrong) Just had Josh in my head from your post. me scuzi

Still i feel the same, hope Jake can turn around still.

Do you think Josh will take over in his dads footsteps?

I loved that episode.... it is deserving of an Emmy nomination. Excellent storyline and Phil apologizing to Josh for not being there when he was younger during his final hours was amazing.

I thought the editing was kind-of ham-handed, myself...but honestly, that's my only complaint.

I just hope for Josh that his father dying and him not being there for it does not cause him to relapse.

By all accounts, Jake has done very well in rehab (and is already out, and clean).

Impressive as hell, really...he has every reason to believe (falsely) that he caused his father's stroke with admitting he was an addict; he then takes off for rehab, and is absent when his father dies. He had every excuse in the book to quit on rehab and stay an addict, instead he stuck with it and got clean.