• Mitchell
    • Moorman
    • Byrd
    • Wood
    • Maybin
    • Stroud
    • Parrish
    • No One

With the consistent chatter about "let's trade this guy for a draft pick" I wondered just what our name players are worth. My conclusion: not much. Per my estimation the only one worth a 1st round is Byrd, only one worth a 2nd is Evans, a few worth a 3rd (Schoebel, McGee, Poz and LeVitre) and the bulk worth 4th at best (with most realistically not worth anywhere near that much.)

With the consistent chatter about "let's trade this guy for a draft pick" I wondered just what our name players are worth. My conclusion: not much. Per my estimation the only one worth a 1st round is Byrd, only one worth a 2nd is Evans, a few worth a 3rd (Schoebel, McGee, Poz and LeVitre) and the bulk worth 4th at best (with most realistically not worth anywhere near that much.)

It's based on other teams needs of course. I see Bears trading a 1st for Evans as they need a proven deep threat to go with Cutlers strong arm.

Schoebel my best guess doesn't get a 3rd because of his age and chronic threats of retirement, and because he likely only agrees to a Texas team near his home, wherein both Cowbiys and Texans get consistent pressure from the rigth side and don't really need him. Sad how our 1st from last year Maybin gets nada (ok, maybe a 5th.)

The error returned was:

You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for

Maybe cause I don't see getting any #1 picks for any one of these players....

The poll doesn't work because it requires at least one answer in each section and the fact is not a single player on the Bills would bring a first round pick.

At least half of those guys wouldn't bring any pick in the first three rounds.

The poll doesn't work because it requires at least one answer in each section and the fact is not a single player on the Bills would bring a first round pick.

At least half of those guys wouldn't bring any pick in the first three rounds.

Good catch guys, I just added "No One" to the choice.

I agree a 1st rounder is dicey. But I think Byrd gets one because he's a ball hawk and potential difference maker. The league thinks so too as he went to pro bowl in his 1st year. That's nothing to sneer it.

The other problem is Mitchell and Parrish's moms were allowed to vote.

LOL ... clear to me they're not worth anything. I'd also say Wood is not worth the 2nd people think because of his injury. I don't see him worth anything unless he proves otherwise. Schoebel I think is also getting way too many 2nd round votes.

If we had more value as a team we would have had a better record, Clean House Rebuild, We wont get much for anyone and the ones we will WE NEED

+1 ... that's what I wanted to prove with this poll. Aside from the odd angle here or there, our players just aren't worth enough to merit trading for draft picks.

I don't see anybody giving up a #1 for Evans, fat contract and lousy numbers would hurt his value. Of course if he had somebody to throw to him it would help.

If someone is drafting WR in the 1st round it could be interesting to get a 29yr old vet who should have another 5 yrs of peak performance left in him, instead of an unproven rook. I've seen some mocks have Bengals targeting a WR, I bet they'd at least listen.

Or like I posted earlier, Bears could be enticed into getting a deep threar for Cutler. I see Evans fitting in really well with their system and needs.

But if we did a trade, so what? We've just created a huge need at WR.

Trading productive players for draft picks is the M.O. of losing organizations.

What, like the Patriots do every year? Consistent contenders like the Pats and Steelers are built and maintained through the draft. They aren't afraid to part ways with formerly productive players and know when to do it.

If someone is drafting WR in the 1st round it could be interesting to get a 29yr old vet who should have another 5 yrs of peak performance left in him, instead of an unproven rook. I've seen some mocks have Bengals targeting a WR, I bet they'd at least listen.

Or like I posted earlier, Bears could be enticed into getting a deep threar for Cutler. I see Evans fitting in really well with their system and needs.

But if we did a trade, so what? We've just created a huge need at WR.

I saw a draft that had us taking a reciever in the second and I believe it we need a WR why on earth would we trade our best reciever.

Good I agree...that is precisely how I voted!! Lynch should be traded or let go..his a non effective gangster punk so far that brings a team down and right now we'd probably only get a 4th round pick for him ! It's a shame because I think that he has the ability to be an excellent running back, but for some reason he seems to want to impress people with how tough and cool he is. I know someone well that was at a medical center and he walked in to meet D. Whitner during the season when D. Whitner was bragging that he was cleared to play...and Lynch was the only one that was loud and obnoxious...just craving attention and making a big scene. I'll take a 4th for Lynch too, but he's wasting his god given talent to be known as a criminal and a hood rather than the superb, and powerful back that he could be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

Good I agree...that is precisely how I voted!! Lynch should be traded or let go..his a non effective gangster punk so far that brings a team down and right now we'd probably only get a 4th round pick for him ! It's a shame because I think that he has the ability to be an excellent running back, but for some reason he seems to want to impress people with how tough and cool he is. I know someone well that was at a medical center and he walked in to meet D. Whitner during the season when D. Whitner was bragging that he was cleared to play...and Lynch was the only one that was loud and obnoxious...just craving attention and making a big scene. I'll take a 4th for Lynch too, but he's wasting his god given talent to be known as a criminal and a hood rather than the superb, and powerful back that he could be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

The Bills knew when to get rid of Travis Henry so don't be surprised if he isn't unloaded this offseason !!!!!!!!!!!