Donte Whitner trade rumor

BillsRUs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think losing a top 10 pick from 3 years ago would be a real concern, but not in this case. Whitner is a non factor on this football team. An okay backup is the only thing Whitner has proved to be in his first 4 seasons. The Bills need more guys who just come in and let their play on the field do the talking (Byrd, Levitre, Wood, Kyle Williams, Freddy Jackson......and so on). Less Twitter all-stars like Whitner and Maybin and more football all-stars would be music to my ears.

Why all the hate for Lil' Donte. It's not his fault Levy picked him #8 overall. The guy prepares well and is committed to the team. Problem is he doesn't make enough plays. Blame Levy and Modrak for reaching at #8 when he was projected as a late 1st to second rounder which makes more sense for his level of ability.

I believe Whitner is better than Wilson, but not significantly better. With the injuries we have had, I would not trade him unless we could get at least a three for him. We need depth!

I disagree , Wilson and Scott are better SS than Whitner. The new coaching staff will see the tape and the tape NEVER lies.

IMO the only reason you keep Whitner is for depth, and for his price he will be overpaid for that, would not be surprised if he is traded before the draft.

I don't know about Whitner... but I am pretty sure, I don't really trust the last coaching staffs judgement on who the best players on their roster were... perhaps once that stupid Tampa 2 defense is gone, Whitner will prove himself a viable starter...

maybe a different sytem will do wonders. but hell have the same position coach. so my guess here is hell be a backup again. no way he beats out the word for the FS-spot. and i dont think hell beat 2 guys out for SS.

a change of scenerie might be best for both sides.