It is past time to get some real QB talent in here.

DarthICE

Brohm? I am so sick and tired of Bills fans thinking we can rehab other teams scrubs. You do realize that JOHN GUY (you know the assclown we finally got out of here) is the guy that suggested we get brohm right? I mean he was our pro player personnel guy and JAURON agreed to it. That right there is enough to say stay away. The guy couldn't even crack the #2 spot in Green Bay which was wide open. The guy dropped drastically in the draft and sat on the pine in GB for a reason...he isn't a quality NFL QB.

You just continue to show in thread after thread that you actually dont know anything about Brohm. This line right here perfectly illustrates my point. He sat on the pine as a rookie behind what is now a top 5 QB in this league who had been grooming for 3 years...that point alone is beyond stupid. You also realize he was only in the league 2 years now right? Rodgers sat for 3 years, they drafted Brohm and Flynn in the year they expected Rodgers to taket over. Does that make Rodgers a bumb because he sat for 3 years and they were still unsure and wasted 2, not one but 2, draft picks in the same draft including a 2nd rounder on Brohm to get quarterbacks?

Brohm slipped to the second round DESPITE having his best year as a QB his Sr. year because his defense was so bad they only won like 6 games. In that same year Flacco and Ryan shot up the boards too...Not that many teams were looking for a QB. Just like how Rodgers fell all the way down to GB the year he came out despite being a hot choice for the #1 overall pick (Alex Smith was taken instead).

Brohm deserves a shot and has as much if not more upside than any QB in this draft (who all have question marks) except he doesnt come with a huge first round pick price tag.

This broken record you keep spinning here is getting old...you clearly dont have a clue about what you are talking about, just continue to spout off at the hip. The dumbest thing you said is that he is a bumb because Guy brought him in....If we should play or cut players based who suggested them then your azz backwards logic would indicate we should keep Trent since Walsh liked him....thats how stupid your statement was.

PS: What was even dumber is your reference to Jauron signing off on Brohm considering Jauron was fired before we got him Einstein

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not one guy on this roster that should get one more snap EVER as the starter. Edwards is a limp wristed, sissy that is nothing more than a clipboard holder. The ONLY reason he started is his makeup is the same wimpy makeup that jauron had.

Fitz? slightly better arm, still a horrible decision maker. What is this his 3rd team? The guy is nothing but a backup.

Brohm? I am so sick and tired of Bills fans thinking we can rehab other teams scrubs. You do realize that JOHN GUY (you know the assclown we finally got out of here) is the guy that suggested we get brohm right? I mean he was our pro player personnel guy and JAURON agreed to it. That right there is enough to say stay away. The guy couldn't even crack the #2 spot in Green Bay which was wide open. The guy dropped drastically in the draft and sat on the pine in GB for a reason...he isn't a quality NFL QB.

It is well past time to invest a first round pick into a guy that has first round talent. Many say 'well there are none in the draft' pure BULL ****. Bradford was the #1 overall pick last year had he came out and 99% of you that are against him now were clammoring for him last year. Injury prone my ass. He suffered a grade III seperation and should have had surgery when it first happened. but due to his competitive spirit and toughness he tried to play through it and had it landed on again. I don't give a **** if your name is Elway, Favre, Kelly or whomever, you fall on that type of injury just 5 weeks or so after it happened you are done for the year. Some team is going to take this kid in the first round and he is going to make them one hell of a QB.

Clausen, played in a pro style offense, put up good numbers, kept improving and the team followed him as their leader. ND's defense sucked ass and if it played 1/2 as good as the offense did, then ND would have done some great things this last year. Odds are with his accuracy, Arm strength and leadership he can be a good one in the NFL.

Odds are dont be shocked if the draft pick is Colt McCoy (and yes I just threw up in my mouth a little posting that...). 'We go on a players body of work'. Guess what? Colt was great in High school and put up damn good numbers and winning seasons every single year he started at Texas, exactly what Nix has talked about.

There will be talent there that is worth the #9 pick at QB and if we pass on it, it had better be because McNabb is already on our roster and not some scrub POS like Vick, Pennington or the other 3 clowns we have there now. Bottom line this team is going NO WHERE till it has a franchise QB. Time to cut the **** and find one.

If Bradford or Clausen are on the board when the Bills pick and they take one of them I'll be supportive. If the Bills take Colt McCoy with their first pick (never will happen unless they trade out of the first round) then I'm off the bandwagon. McCoy would make some sense as a second or lower round selection.

Your problem is that you are working yourself into a frenzy for your search of a franchise qb. I agree with you that there are presently no legitimate franchise qbs presently on our roster. But it would be a foolish mistake to reach for qb at the nine spot when there isn't a nine spot caliber of qb at that point.

The Bills have a lot of needs, especially on both sides of the line. Teams which do well in the draft recognize that it is a seductive trap to reach for a need when a higher rated (better) player is on the board. When a team is desperate to fill a particular need they are more apt to make a very glaring mistake. JP Losman and McCargo are classic mistakes of taking need over talent.

The Bills are a very mediocre team. It is going to take at least three years (assuming a degree of competency is exhibited) before the Bills will be a contending playoff team. I have confidence in Buddy Nix's ability to find players. It is going to take time and patience.

You just continue to show in thread after thread that you actually dont know anything about Brohm. This line right here perfectly illustrates my point. He sat on the pine as a rookie behind what is now a top 5 QB in this league who had been grooming for 3 years...that point alone is beyond stupid. You also realize he was only in the league 2 years now right? Rodgers sat for 3 years, they drafted Brohm and Flynn in the year they expected Rodgers to taket over. Does that make Rodgers a bumb because he sat for 3 years and they were still unsure and wasted 2, not one but 2, draft picks in the same draft including a 2nd rounder on Brohm to get quarterbacks?

Brohm slipped to the second round DESPITE having his best year as a QB his Sr. year because his defense was so bad they only won like 6 games. In that same year Flacco and Ryan shot up the boards too...Not that many teams were looking for a QB. Just like how Rodgers fell all the way down to GB the year he came out despite being a hot choice for the #1 overall pick (Alex Smith was taken instead).

Brohm deserves a shot and has as much if not more upside than any QB in this draft (who all have question marks) except he doesnt come with a huge first round pick price tag.

This broken record you keep spinning here is getting old...you clearly dont have a clue about what you are talking about, just continue to spout off at the hip. The dumbest thing you said is that he is a bumb because Guy brought him in....If we should play or cut players based who suggested them then your azz backwards logic would indicate we should keep Trent since Walsh liked him....thats how stupid your statement was.

PS: What was even dumber is your reference to Jauron signing off on Brohm considering Jauron was fired before we got him Einstein

http://www.profootballweekly.com/blogs/201...ile-brian-brohm

Dunno but this guy makes good points. I will study up a little more on Brohm, but I still think a guy that couldn't beat out a 7th rounder has issues.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/blogs/201...ile-brian-brohm

Dunno but this guy makes good points. I will study up a little more on Brohm, but I still think a guy that couldn't beat out a 7th rounder has issues.

I'm sure you are aware that the writer is contradicting your opinion on McCoy? I'm not against getting a productive college player such as Colt McCoy. But it would be foolish to do so with a first and debatable that he is worth a second round pick.

I'm sure you are aware that the writer is contradicting your opinion on McCoy? I'm not against getting a productive college player such as Colt McCoy. But it would be foolish to do so with a first and debatable that he is worth a second round pick.

I can't stand McCoy, I am just pointing out he seems the 'Type' Nix might be looking for.

Brohm Sucks. The guy couldn't crack the 2nd string job in GB. Leave it to Bills fans to want another teams practice squad players to come in and lead our team. Fans B word about the team sucking then keep wanting to make moves that will ensure they continue to suck.

Get a first round talent in here and develop him. Not trade for a washed up QB (bledsoe), Not trade back into the first for a guy that shouldn't have been touched before the 3rd round (Losman)....a real first round talent. You know, like the good teams do.

C'mon, man. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries before he had an HOF career. Ya never know.

GO BILLS!!!

Seriously? The one anomaly of a lifetime and you want to think Brohm is gonna do the same? Only Bills fans...

Not at all. The odds of that happening again are remote at best. I was just saying that better QBs have come from more obscure starts than being plucked off of somebody's practice squad. Personally, if our FO feels there is a franchise guy available in the form of Bradford or Clausen, they should take him, no doubt. I harbor no illusions about Brohm. But it wouldn't shock me if he's grown up a bit since his GB experience.

GO BILLS!!!

There is not one guy on this roster that should get one more snap EVER as the starter. Edwards is a limp wristed, sissy that is nothing more than a clipboard holder. The ONLY reason he started is his makeup is the same wimpy makeup that jauron had.

Fitz? slightly better arm, still a horrible decision maker. What is this his 3rd team? The guy is nothing but a backup.

It is well past time to invest a first round pick into a guy that has first round talent. Many say 'well there are none in the draft' pure BULL ****. Bradford was the #1 overall pick last year had he came out and 99% of you that are against him now were clammoring for him last year. Injury prone my ass. He suffered a grade III seperation and should have had surgery when it first happened. but due to his competitive spirit and toughness he tried to play through it and had it landed on again. I don't give a **** if your name is Elway, Favre, Kelly or whomever, you fall on that type of injury just 5 weeks or so after it happened you are done for the year. Some team is going to take this kid in the first round and he is going to make them one hell of a QB.

Clausen, played in a pro style offense, put up good numbers, kept improving and the team followed him as their leader. ND's defense sucked ass and if it played 1/2 as good as the offense did, then ND would have done some great things this last year. Odds are with his accuracy, Arm strength and leadership he can be a good one in the NFL.

Odds are dont be shocked if the draft pick is Colt McCoy (and yes I just threw up in my mouth a little posting that...). 'We go on a players body of work'. Guess what? Colt was great in High school and put up damn good numbers and winning seasons every single year he started at Texas, exactly what Nix has talked about.

There will be talent there that is worth the #9 pick at QB and if we pass on it, it had better be because McNabb is already on our roster and not some scrub POS like Vick, Pennington or the other 3 clowns we have there now. Bottom line this team is going NO WHERE till it has a franchise QB. Time to cut the **** and find one.

Darth....my question is now as it has been since the end of the season.....

IF we take Clausen or Bradford......who do we protect them given the OT ration we have now?

I propose this.....lets trade for somebody like David Girard as a stopgap qb because we ARE NOT going to win the super bowl next year.....and lets stock on on OT's and DL that we need to protect a QB and make a 3-4 defense work. Let that OL gel and then get a QB of the future NEXT year.

I propose this.....lets trade for somebody like David Girard as a stopgap qb because we ARE NOT going to win the super bowl next year.

Why are the Jaguars trading their Pro Bowl QB? As I see it the only viable option for obtaining a QB this season is to draft either Clausen or Bradford. Hopefully one of them is still there at nine.

You made some very great points. Get me CLAUSEN in April !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? The one anomaly of a lifetime and you want to think Brohm is gonna do the same? Only Bills fans...

Does Rich Gannon qualify as an anomaly of a lifetime? If he doesn't then does Jeff Garcia qualify for that partiuclar anomaly? Bulger for a few years was an upper tier qb before he got mangled. How about Jack Kemp? How about Johnny Unitas? etc. etc.

If the Bills believe that Clausen or Bradford are franchise caliber qbs then I'm all for it. But reaching in the draft with one's first pick makes no sense to me. How do you know that a much lower drafted qb such as Garret Brown of WVU could not turn out to be the best qb in the draft?

I completely agree with you about that statement EXCEPT the vick a scrub part but thats been debated 15x and its getting old. Brohm sucks he got booted off GB's practice squad I mean what else do you want to see that he sucks, its like people are infatuated with him. Fizwhatever c'son son how many times has he thrown over 250 yards??? How many teams has he been on???. Trent wouldn't be that bad if he would just throw to a receiver for once. Pennington is just a ridiculous statement in its on right and tyler thigpen is just as bad a statement. If you thought we got laughed at over hiring chan "the man" gailey imagine the humiliation if our starting qb is tyler thigpen. I even read somebody said lets get chris redman FU*CKING CHRIS REDMAN, mite as well call up akil smith or cade mcnown im pretty sure they'd hop off the ps3 to get back on a team. Id take bradford but im iffy on clausen I mean what has he done? what has he won? if we got him id want him to sit for at least 2yrs or longer id treat him like GB did with rogers. Maybe get mcnabb then draft clausen to sit and wait. But without a o-line who needs a qb because nobody would survive...

how could anyone who honestly wants success from the bills organization, strictly in terms of winning football games, want a guy who lost his back up job to mat flynn to start for their team

Whether it is Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm, Fitz or whomever the front office brings in let them fight it out in training camp and preseason to see who wins out. What is wrong with having players compete for a position? In GB Mat Flynn beat out Brohm so Flynn moved ahead of him. More power to Green Bay because they weren't afraid to move ahead a lower drafted player who outperformed a higher drafted player.

Rich Gannon was a vagabound qb for years. He ended up in Oakland and got them to the SB. Rich Garcia kicked around in the Canadian league. He turned out to be a very good qb for the 49ers despite the fact that he was not particularly young. Look at the history of Kurt Warner. He was in the arena league, played in Europe and was a bagger in a grocery store. He is probably going into the HOF.

What you are now as a player doesn't mean that is what you will develop into. Mat Shaub was a third or fourth round draft pick who was a backup qb with the Falcons during the Vick years. He got traded to Houston and has played very well for them.

The Bills are not good enough to dismiss any player who might help them, whether the odds are long or short that the player might be an asset. Marshawn Lynch was a first round pick and Fred Jackson was a free agent draftee out of Coe College. Jackson kicked around before he was given an opportunity to play; he convincingly out performed Lynch the thug. The decision was based on what was done on the field. So why would there be so much objection to let whoever qb candidate is on the roster compete for playing time.