It is past time to get some real QB talent in here.

DarthICE

There is not one guy on this roster that should get one more snap EVER as the starter. Edwards is a limp wristed, sissy that is nothing more than a clipboard holder. The ONLY reason he started is his makeup is the same wimpy makeup that jauron had.

Fitz? slightly better arm, still a horrible decision maker. What is this his 3rd team? The guy is nothing but a backup.

Brohm? I am so sick and tired of Bills fans thinking we can rehab other teams scrubs. You do realize that JOHN GUY (you know the assclown we finally got out of here) is the guy that suggested we get brohm right? I mean he was our pro player personnel guy and JAURON agreed to it. That right there is enough to say stay away. The guy couldn't even crack the #2 spot in Green Bay which was wide open. The guy dropped drastically in the draft and sat on the pine in GB for a reason...he isn't a quality NFL QB.

It is well past time to invest a first round pick into a guy that has first round talent. Many say 'well there are none in the draft' pure BULL ****. Bradford was the #1 overall pick last year had he came out and 99% of you that are against him now were clammoring for him last year. Injury prone my ass. He suffered a grade III seperation and should have had surgery when it first happened. but due to his competitive spirit and toughness he tried to play through it and had it landed on again. I don't give a **** if your name is Elway, Favre, Kelly or whomever, you fall on that type of injury just 5 weeks or so after it happened you are done for the year. Some team is going to take this kid in the first round and he is going to make them one hell of a QB.

Clausen, played in a pro style offense, put up good numbers, kept improving and the team followed him as their leader. ND's defense sucked ass and if it played 1/2 as good as the offense did, then ND would have done some great things this last year. Odds are with his accuracy, Arm strength and leadership he can be a good one in the NFL.

Odds are dont be shocked if the draft pick is Colt McCoy (and yes I just threw up in my mouth a little posting that...). 'We go on a players body of work'. Guess what? Colt was great in High school and put up damn good numbers and winning seasons every single year he started at Texas, exactly what Nix has talked about.

There will be talent there that is worth the #9 pick at QB and if we pass on it, it had better be because McNabb is already on our roster and not some scrub POS like Vick, Pennington or the other 3 clowns we have there now. Bottom line this team is going NO WHERE till it has a franchise QB. Time to cut the **** and find one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not one guy on this roster that should get one more snap EVER as the starter. Edwards is a limp wristed, sissy that is nothing more than a clipboard holder. The ONLY reason he started is his makeup is the same wimpy makeup that jauron had.

Fitz? slightly better arm, still a horrible decision maker. What is this his 3rd team? The guy is nothing but a backup.

Brohm? I am so sick and tired of Bills fans thinking we can rehab other teams scrubs. You do realize that JOHN GUY (you know the assclown we finally got out of here) is the guy that suggested we get brohm right? I mean he was our pro player personnel guy and JAURON agreed to it. That right there is enough to say stay away. The guy couldn't even crack the #2 spot in Green Bay which was wide open. The guy dropped drastically in the draft and sat on the pine in GB for a reason...he isn't a quality NFL QB.

It is well past time to invest a first round pick into a guy that has first round talent. Many say 'well there are none in the draft' pure BULL ****. Bradford was the #1 overall pick last year had he came out and 99% of you that are against him now were clammoring for him last year. Injury prone my ass. He suffered a grade III seperation and should have had surgery when it first happened. but due to his competitive spirit and toughness he tried to play through it and had it landed on again. I don't give a **** if your name is Elway, Favre, Kelly or whomever, you fall on that type of injury just 5 weeks or so after it happened you are done for the year. Some team is going to take this kid in the first round and he is going to make them one hell of a QB.

Clausen, played in a pro style offense, put up good numbers, kept improving and the team followed him as their leader. ND's defense sucked ass and if it played 1/2 as good as the offense did, then ND would have done some great things this last year. Odds are with his accuracy, Arm strength and leadership he can be a good one in the NFL.

Odds are dont be shocked if the draft pick is Colt McCoy (and yes I just threw up in my mouth a little posting that...). 'We go on a players body of work'. Guess what? Colt was great in High school and put up damn good numbers and winning seasons every single year he started at Texas, exactly what Nix has talked about.

There will be talent there that is worth the #9 pick at QB and if we pass on it, it had better be because McNabb is already on our roster and not some scrub POS like Vick, Pennington or the other 3 clowns we have there now. Bottom line this team is going NO WHERE till it has a franchise QB. Time to cut the **** and find one.

How can you call Brohm a scrub??

How can you call Brohm a scrub??

It's easy to type - letter by letter. Talent evaluation and development is a forte of many TBD posters. Just ask them. No, don't bother. You don't have to. They'll tell you how bad everyone and everything is about the team and come up with hare-brained pop tart solutions of the day. Day, after day, after day.

It's easy to type - letter by letter. Talent evaluation and development is a forte of many TBD posters. Just ask them. No, don't bother. You don't have to. They'll tell you how bad everyone and everything is about the team and come up with hare-brained pop tart solutions of the day. Day, after day, after day.

Brohm Sucks. The guy couldn't crack the 2nd string job in GB. Leave it to Bills fans to want another teams practice squad players to come in and lead our team. Fans B word about the team sucking then keep wanting to make moves that will ensure they continue to suck.

Get a first round talent in here and develop him. Not trade for a washed up QB (bledsoe), Not trade back into the first for a guy that shouldn't have been touched before the 3rd round (Losman)....a real first round talent. You know, like the good teams do.

Brohm Sucks. The guy couldn't crack the 2nd string job in GB. Leave it to Bills fans to want another teams practice squad players to come in and lead our team. Fans B word about the team sucking then keep wanting to make moves that will ensure they continue to suck.

Get a first round talent in here and develop him. Not trade for a washed up QB (bledsoe), Not trade back into the first for a guy that shouldn't have been touched before the 3rd round (Losman)....a real first round talent. You know, like the good teams do.

That would be Colt McCoy.

Brohm has started what? One game in his career? Every one said Brett Favre and John Elway sucked at first and now they are arguably two of the best to ever play the game if not the two BEST ever. Give the guy a chance.

Please God, anyone but McCoy. His 'body of work' has been built on carving up the likes of SMU and Rice. He was terrible in almost every big game I saw him play. He'll be a biggest bust than Tebow.

First Round QB picks since 2001:

2001 Donovan McNabb #1 overall

2002 David Carr # 1 overall, Joey Harrington #3, Patrick Ramsey #32

2003 Carson Palmer #1 overall, Byron Leftwich #7, Kyle Boller #19, Rex Grossman #22

2004 Eli Manning #1 overall, Philip Rivers #4, Ben Roethlisberger #11, JP Losman #22

2005 Alex Smith #1 overall, Aaron Rodgers #24, Jason Campbell #25

2006 Vince Young #3, Matt Leinart #10, Jay Cutler #11

2007 JaMarcus Russell #1 overall, Brady Quinn #22

2008 Matt Ryan #3, Joe Flacco #18,

2009 Matthew Stafford #1 overall, Mark Sanchez #5, Josh Freeman #17,

Some years the class of available QBs sucks and the odds are that this year we're due for another suck-a-tatious year.

If there are only two first round worthy picks this year and they're gone at #9, what do you do - reach? Mind you the "fact" that there are only two first round worthy picks this year is debatable. Many think there aren't any.

Don't want to mention that Brady was a 6th round pick - the 199th player taken and that Tony Romo was Undrafted. And Green Bay did pretty well with a QB they picked up from Atlanta a while back.

There are a lot more highly performing QBs in this league that weren't drafted in the first round. Face it, we're all frustrated with the bad level of playing for the last decade, but we haven't had an Offensive coordinator worth a damn for, well, since Marchibroda left. There's been zero QB development in the Jauron era, but that era is over.

Brohm? I am so sick and tired of Bills fans thinking we can rehab other teams scrubs. You do realize that JOHN GUY (you know the assclown we finally got out of here) is the guy that suggested we get brohm right? I mean he was our pro player personnel guy and JAURON agreed to it.

Yeah. They called Jauron after he got fired and asked his permission.

It is well past time to invest a first round pick into a guy that has first round talent. Many say 'well there are none in the draft' pure BULL ****. Bradford was the #1 overall pick last year had he came out and 99% of you that are against him now were clammoring for him last year.

The same could be said for Brohm. Your argument is pointless.

First Round QB picks since 2001:

Uh, McNabb went #2 overall. Tim Couch went #1 to the Browns, Akili Smith #3 to the Bungles, Cade McNown #8 to the Bears, and Daunte Culpepper 10 or 11 to the Vikings. Two out of five.

2003 Carson Palmer #1 overall, Byron Leftwich #7, Kyle Boller #19, Rex Grossman #22

Labeling Palmer a bust? That's pretty harsh. Dude's made multiple Pro Bowls.

If there are only two first round worthy picks this year

Correct.

and they're gone at #9,

Probably correct, although a lot can change between now and late April.

what do you do - reach?

Nope, you go to the #2 priority, which is LT. If there's no LT's with a first-round grade, then you go to priority #3, which is probably BPA at that point. Can we retire this strawman please? Nobody thinks that drafting a guy in the first round magically makes him a first-round talent. We'd all throw up if Colt McCoy is the pick at #9, don't worry.

Don't want to mention that Brady was a 6th round pick - the 199th player taken and that Tony Romo was Undrafted. And Green Bay did pretty well with a QB they picked up from Atlanta a while back.

Then don't mention it. The facts are that QBs from the 3rd round or later bust well over 90% of the time. 2nd-rounders bust about 75% of the time, and even 1st-rounders bust over 60% of the time. If Bradford or Clausen falls to us, there's no guarantee it solves our QB problem. It's just the best bet.

The problem here is that we all remember every first-round bust and every late-round/undrafted success. But we never hear of the vast, vast, vast majority of late-round/undrafted failures. So we underrate first-rounders and overrate late-rounders.

Another thing to keep in mind is that even when a first-rounder busts, he doesn't always pull a Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith. Byron Leftwich was a serviceable starter for a few years before he was bitten by a radioactive fat guy and turned into Byron Sandwich. Alex Smith was actually a decent starter for the 49ers last year (although his case is a MAJOR exception - usually he'd have been cut before last year). Jason Campbell is a mediocre QB. Disappointing for a first-rounder, but still just good enough not to kill his team. Even the Dragon Twins, JP and Sexy Rexy, each had one fairly competent year as a full-time starter.

There are a lot more highly performing QBs in this league that weren't drafted in the first round.

That's actually false. Seriously, go through every "highly performing" QB in the league. You can define "highly performing" however you want, and you can still count Kurt Warner. First-rounders will probably make up over half of them (11 of 19 under my definition, e.g.). And that's first round against the combined might of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and legions of undrafted free agents. The first round just has a much higher success rate. That's why it's wise to jump on a first-round QB when you get the chance, because there aren't many of them.

Face it, we're all frustrated with the bad level of playing for the last decade,

Now this I agree with 100%, and I think that's a good note to go out on.

I agree that if either of Bradford or Clausen are there at 9 they have to take them. However, beyond that I don't believe any of the other QBs in the draft are any better of a prospect than Brohm. Why take a QB in the second round with questions when we have one, who has been in an NFL offense for 2 years, already on our roster.

I think our coaching staff is now adequately prepared to develop QB's (I love the Cortez signing).

I would sign Garcia for experience and as insurance, Thigpen since he did so well in KC, draft someone like Pike in the 2nd or 3rd round, and let Brohm and Edwards duel it out in camp.

Let the cream rise to the top.

:unsure:

We need a first round talent in here, not other teams scrubs or guys that never should have started in the NFL in the first place.

certainly you don't mean Jeff Garcia.

Granted, he is older. But his age was not a factor most recently in Tampa or Philly.

His experience could be granted for 2 seasons, allowing us either to find/ develop a free agent or draft pick.

And if finding a QB is truly as much a roll of the dice as the real pro's make it out to be, then there is certainty in numbers.

Uh, McNabb went #2 overall. Tim Couch went #1 to the Browns, Akili Smith #3 to the Bungles, Cade McNown #8 to the Bears, and Daunte Culpepper 10 or 11 to the Vikings. Two out of five.

It was 1999 as well, not 2001