Aaron Maybin picture

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't see the pic. The guy is in good shape and defined but the problem is he's genetically designed to be lean and lanky. That's not going to change. Thanks Modrak et al for drafting a WR to play DE. This guy was a worse pick than Mike Williams and that's saying something. :unsure:

Couldn't see the pic. The guy is in good shape and defined but the problem is he's genetically designed to be lean and lanky. That's not going to change. Thanks Modrak et al for drafting a WR to play DE. This guy was a worse pick than Mike Williams and that's saying something. :unsure:

But you don't understand he has an amaaaazing first step. You can't TEACH that.

Wow, a lot of non-athletic people calling him out. Pretty funny. Don't blame the guy for being ineffective last year, I fully believe that is because our coaching staff had no idea how to use him. Give him next season before you start labeling.

Wow, a lot of non-athletic people calling him out. Pretty funny. Don't blame the guy for being ineffective last year, I fully believe that is because our coaching staff had no idea how to use him. Give him next season before you start labeling.

This guy has "jauron pick" all over him. I hope this new coaching staff can do something with him. Can't afford to keep wasting high draft picks.

While I am concerned that he did SO little as a rookie, I am in general agreement with the last poster. Maybin should be given at least another season, maybe 2 before calling him a bust. EVERYONE knew that he was a project when he was drafted as a 20 y.o. sophomore. He needs time to fill out physicaly and also gain experience - remember, he only played 2 years of college football.

It is fair to take issue with the Bills for drafting a project when it might have been preferrable to pick someone who may have been able to contribute more readily. However, that issue must be pointed at the Bills, not Maybin. I haven't heard anything from Maybin to suggest that he isn't a worker (maybe others have).

Others here are right, his build isn't likely to change that much, though he can get stronger. There isn't just one set build to succeed in the NFL at any specific position. Aaron Schobel is built about the same as Maybin. Now with the switch to a 3-4 defense, neither fits as a DE, but Maybin might be a pretty good rush LB.

I am not saying that he will or won't succeed, nor am I saying that we all have to like that the Bills spent a #1 pick on him, but this is a sunk investment - they might as well wait it out and see if he develops.