And so not the question will be

Quick -- someone get the number for Mike Williams. Our pitch can be, "Forget that #4 Pick bust label, this time around you can eat as much as you want and we won't complain. Just squat in the middle of the defensive line and become a big blob"

Just took a quick look at the prospects for NT draftwise, other than cody, theres cam thomas, UNC, and dan williams, UT I honestly don't know much about either of them. Looking at the scouting report on williams, he seems to be a good fit, flexible in the 4-3 and 3-4, not much of a pass rusher, but has good power and had 8.5 TFL this year. Apparently, all 3 top DT/NT could be around in the 2nd. BTW, Cody only had 12 tackles last yr. I didnt realize this, but its certainly a worriesome stat.

I realize this was "way back when", but we had a fairly successful 3-4 Dee w/ Jeff Wright playing NT. He certainly wouldn't be considered a "big guy" IMO.

Perhaps we're gonna play the 3-4 in a way other than the stereotypical "fat immovable guy in the middle" way that most teams employ (usually quite succesfully) it to stop the run.

Kyle Williams is coming into his own. Especially w/ Schobels future in question, IMO he's our best DLmen. NT material? IDK.

I realize this was "way back when", but we had a fairly successful 3-4 Dee w/ Jeff Wright playing NT. He certainly wouldn't be considered a "big guy" IMO.

Perhaps we're gonna play the 3-4 in a way other than the stereotypical "fat immovable guy in the middle" way that most teams employ (usually quite succesfully) it to stop the run.

Kyle Williams is coming into his own. Especially w/ Schobels future in question, IMO he's our best DLmen. NT material? IDK.

The 3-4 with Wright was only "successful" because of Bruce.

The 3-4 with Wright was only "successful" because of Bruce.

Yeah, the fact that a D with Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Shane Conlan, and Darryl Talley was only kinda successful is proof as to just how much Jeff Wright killed us back then. Which wasn't his fault - he never should've played NT in a 3-4. He was a classic undertackle all the way.

im getting less and less impressed with cody the more I hear about him, fat, lazy, disruptive yes, but only 12 tackles for the season, and only a 2 down player.

In a 3/4 D the NT doesn't usually make a lot of tackles as he is double or triple teamed by the OL. Look at the LB tackles to see how effective he is, as it is their job to flow to the point of attack.

In a 3/4 D the NT doesn't usually make a lot of tackles as he is double or triple teamed by the OL. Look at the LB tackles to see how effective he is, as it is their job to flow to the point of attack.

HEY!!!!!!!!

Cut that #!@# out!!!

You analyzed football instead of parroting stats.

That's not allowed here...

;)

Quick -- someone get the number for Mike Williams. Our pitch can be, "Forget that #4 Pick bust label, this time around you can eat as much as you want and we won't complain. Just squat in the middle of the defensive line and become a big blob"

LOL. That's funny. If he gets big enough he might be able to just lie down, like a huge speed bump.