Cowher

iommi

A topic that refuses to die. From Tim Graham

I asked if the rest of their discussions consisted of the Bills badgering him over the phone.

"Yes," Cowher quickly replied with a jowly grin.

So, were those the 15 calls a day Buddy?

badgering is a subjective term - and in my perspective i would have to say that i believe the quote to be less than accurate - based on the term badgering.

also gg wrote, "So, were those the 15 calls a day Buddy?" - hmmmm i see no sense in using the back door to call someone a liar. be a man - step up and say it if that is what you believe - but using the back door method is not what a man would do.

So what? The guy didn't want to coach here, hardly breaking news. Is Tim so hard up he has nothing to do but re hash month old news?

iceman - the so called sports reporters are going to continue to take shots at nix every chance they get - there is a vendetta - nix slapped them hard and reddened their delicate little faces in particular that nitwit "sully-your-pants" - it is unfortunate that they always seems to have the last word - their misuse of the power of the press.

Or, a guy whose job is to report on the AFC East finally got a chance to talk to someone who Ralph Wilson himself confirmed the Bills were interested in hiring, someone who hadn't been willing to comment on the record until now.

Yeah, old news, never mind. :w00t:

iceman - the so called sports reporters are going to continue to take shots at nix every chance they get - there is a vendetta - nix slapped them hard and reddened their delicate little faces in particular that nitwit "sully-your-pants" - it is unfortunate that they always seems to have the last word - their misuse of the power of the press.

Nix "slapped them hard" by coming back with the laughable claim that he was getting 15 calls a day?

You're joking right? This is sarcasm, maybe?

"I have tremendous respect for Buffalo," Cowher told Tim Graham of ESPN.com. "We had some talks. It didn't really go that far. I couldn't make the commitment. I have tremendous respect for [bills owner] Ralph Wilson. I think it's a tremendous fan base. I think it's a golden opportunity for Chan Gailey.

Translation: I didn't give Buffalo a second thought. I wouldn't be caught dead working for a meddlesome, cheap, clueless owner like RW. That being said, I wish Chan the best of luck when he is fired in 3 years.

"It just wasn't the right time and place. I pretty much go with a gut feel when I make decisions like that. I think it through, but there was nothing specific. It's a class organization."

Translation: If Buffalo was the last coaching job on earth...yada yada yada. The thought of going to Buffalo made me puke in my mouth. The orgianization is in shambles and even I couldn't help their downward spiral.

Or, a guy whose job is to report on the AFC East finally got a chance to talk to someone who Ralph Wilson himself confirmed the Bills were interested in hiring, someone who hadn't been willing to comment on the record until now.

Yeah, old news, never mind. :w00t:

Is it possible that anyone here wonders why he's been scarce on this board for awhile? :wallbash:

The guy's gut told him not to come work here. In other words, he wasn't going to work for an organization which will be sold to the highest bidder and whose 90-something owner still runs the franchise.

Cowher can do whatever he wants, but anyone in management has to manage their career and gauge whether a prospective position will enhance that. The Bills are a complete rebuilding project, and I'm sure he didn't want to be at the dawn of that movement.

But it's funny to see people attack Cowher for not coming here or Tim Graham for merely reporting his interview. Those guys aren't at fault, rather, the team with 10 straight non-playoff seasons is.

I asked if the rest of their discussions consisted of the Bills badgering him over the phone.

"Yes," Cowher quickly replied with a jowly grin.

If the Bills do it, it is badgering in the eyes of the grand ESPN. If a large team does it, it is enticing, convincing or courting.

Exactly and we have fans still sore to boot. Nix and Gailey dont' care what their whining butts think and I love it.

The guy's gut told him not to come work here. In other words, he wasn't going to work for an organization which will be sold to the highest bidder and whose 90-something owner still runs the franchise.

Cowher can do whatever he wants, but anyone in management has to manage their career and gauge whether a prospective position will enhance that. The Bills are a complete rebuilding project, and I'm sure he didn't want to be at the dawn of that movement.

But it's funny to see people attack Cowher for not coming here or Tim Graham for merely reporting his interview. Those guys aren't at fault, rather, the team with 10 straight non-playoff seasons is.

Sorry but reporting is one thing. He did that.

He went on to use the obviously negative term "badgering". I would bet one trillion dollars that term would not have been allowed to be used involving any of the other large market teams of the AFC East.