Sabres fans...

You're demanding something for free?? Gee, how liberal of you. <_<

You know, a lot of people got a big discount because of the Versus thing. I didn't bother trying. I just didn't feel good about it. To me Center Ice is a great package for the price. Even without Versus, I didn't think it warranted a rebate. On the other hand, I happily took the price slash DTV offered when I said I was going to cancel Sunday Ticket. I fully intended to cut the service off because I think its way overpriced. It especially pisses me off that the squeeze another $100 out of you for the "Super Fan" so you can watch in HD. Of course the Bills perennial suckage doesn't help sell me either.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, a lot of people got a big discount because of the Versus thing. I didn't bother trying. I just didn't feel good about it. To me Center Ice is a great package for the price. Even without Versus, I didn't think it warranted a rebate. On the other hand, I happily took the price slash DTV offered when I said I was going to cancel Sunday Ticket. I fully intended to cut the service off because I think its way overpriced. It especially pisses me off that the squeeze another $100 out of you for the "Super Fan" so you can watch in HD. Of course the Bills perennial suckage doesn't help sell me either.

I don't get TMC...pisses me off but I not going to demand they give it to me free.

You're demanding something for free?? Gee, how liberal of you. :thumbsup:

I think it's pretty reasonable. I don't want center ice. I can see 99% of the Penguins games on local fox sports channel. I need versus for the Pens playoff games, and I would pay for it if it were an option but it's not. Center ice is simply a substitute for versus come playoff time, and I don't want to pay for a center ice package I won't otherwise use.

with the popularity (or lack thereof) of hockey in general in the US (excluding niche markets), they probably should give Center Ice away to attract fans.

I have had the CI package every year for at least 5 years. Ever watch the home games from Atlanta, Phoenix, etc? Those stands are empty.

with the popularity (or lack thereof) of hockey in general in the US (excluding niche markets), they probably should give Center Ice away to attract fans.

I have had the CI package every year for at least 5 years. Ever watch the home games from Atlanta, Phoenix, etc? Those stands are empty.

Ya... Because you are paying for CI, why should they want to fill seats? Drain the money right out of the NHL, people should not pay for it and support other teams in bad markets. That would make the NHL piss or get off the pot about teams in the south and non-traditional hockey markets.

;)

not sure; but they supposedly put a notation on my account re. the offer they made me. I might try calling tomorrow and ask for "customer retention"--do you think that will work?

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you actually READ my post....?

"If so, call them up, ask for customer retention (important step!), and tell them that you're really upset that they don't carry Versus"

See the "important step!" part? ;)

You're demanding something for free?? Gee, how liberal of you. ;)

Actually, it's not liberal -- nobody's asking for a government handout. It's free market -- "If you give me X, I'll stay with your company. If not, I might give my entertainment dollars to company Y instead." Capitalism, no? :)

How those two clowns doing now? I am so glad they didn't build their team around CD and DB. No way would BFLO have won the Cup... They have a better furture now!

Darcy= ;):)

You do realize that the played out fax machine jokes have nothing to do with Briere and Drury, right? Or have things just gotten so clouded in the average Sabres fan's mind that the joke applies to everything?

You do realize that the played out fax machine jokes have nothing to do with Briere and Drury, right? Or have things just gotten so clouded in the average Sabres fan's mind that the joke applies to everything?

Maybe.

I am sick of the jokes. BFLO has one of the best front offices in the game, IMO... I have always said that. I always had faith in them to do the right thing.

Oh... I am not going to SabreSpace... I don't want to jinx them! You are probably happy about that shrade! :lol:

Maybe.

I am sick of the jokes. BFLO has one of the best front offices in the game, IMO... I have always said that. I always had faith in them to do the right thing.

Oh... I am not going to SabreSpace... I don't want to jinx them! You are probably happy about that shrade! :lol:

Trust me, it's just about as unreadable right now as the Bills side of this board. I'm sure you can guess who is the guilty party in that.

I'm a lifelong fan of the Sabres, but not living in WNY and not having Versus, I haven't had a chance to watch this Sabres team. Opinions on this team? Are they worth the investment in time and money or are they terminally incomplete? I do see they lost to a premier team last night, is that indicative of their performance this year? Basically, I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Center Ice package for the playoffs. Do you think they'll make a decent run at the cup this year or one-and-done?

FYI Versus is also on Dish Direct.