Senior Bowl

Dan

Given the absence of multiple new Tebow threads on the board, can I safely assume that he sucked today?

He's garbage. Sparano took pity on him and kept him in the shotgun the whole time. He fumbled, missed easy throws and got run down every time he tried to run.

Paradoxically, he is going to be an abortion as an NFL QB.

Lets get Paulus in the 6th or 7th. May have a good upside.

I'd pick him up undrafted but if you think Pike is small Paulus is just as skinny and a lot shorter. He worked out for teams beforee going to Syracuse and basically only went to 'Cuse when teams told him thanks but no thanks.

I watched most of this game, here are my observations FWIW:

1. I don't think you can take much from this game (the more important evaluations are in the practice sessions during the week to see how they adjust to the speed of the NFL tempo/coaching.

2. QB-Lefevour was the best QB on the field today (threw a long TD pass to Gilyard that was right on the money over the shoulder), but that said none of them were 1st rounders IMO. Lefevour was the closest -- but he struggled with the out pass and his accuracy was up and down (he threw to the wrong shoulder more than once). He does have some good wheels (better than Tebow) but I don't think he will be much different from Trent Edwards (3rd rounder).

3. QB-Tebow does not appear to be headed for the pro bowl. He looks like backup material that could be utilized in a gimmick role. He may be a solid leader and have great character but his decision making (doesn't throw into tight windows and seems to have difficulty reading defenses -- checked off ALOT today) along with his escape-ability (will not outrun speedy NFL defenders -- tries to bowl them over instead) do not translate to the pro level.

3. QB-Pike doesn't look like anything special. He looks like he needs about another 25-30 pounds added on and doesn't have a very strong arm based on his out throws.

4. RB/WR - McCluster is small but will have an impact in the NFL. He is speedy quick and makes people miss. I doubt he can be an everydown back -- but will have a role on some team (KR,Change of Pace/Darren Sproles type).

5. RB Blount (Oregon) looks like Jerome Bettis. This guy is big, nasty and a load on the goal line. I think he would look good in Buffalo - really impressed with him (though he does have the whole fight club drama to overcome).

6. RB Ben Tate was the other running back that stood out to me. I think this kid will be a sleeper and has some quicks to him.

7. I wasn't overly impressed with any of the WR's (aside from McCLuster) but the two that stood out were Gilyard (Cincinnatti) and Jacoby Ford (Clemson).

8. OL - Tackle Vladimir Ducasse impressed me the most. The guy is big and looked really strong as well as had quick feet. I thought he did a great job while playing LT (not sure where else they put him). He was able to shuffle his feet and keep his base while taking on edge pass rushers.

9. OL - Guard Mike Iupati -- he looked very physical (Eric Wood-like), but was called for a penalty that negated a touchdown pass. He looked solid as the LG (paired with Ducasse) and a little out of place when lined up at RG.

10. OL - Tackle Ciron Black (LSU)-- just say no to him in any round. This guy is a huge presence that is slow as hell. Couldn't stop edge rushers to save his life.

11. DL - DE/LB Brandon Graham (Michigan) - spent most of the game terrorizing opposing QB's in their backfield. This kid has a great motor and is very quick around the corner. He is listed at 6-2 262, and some have questioned if he can put his hand on the ground as rusher or if he fits better as a 3-4 OLB. Reallly liked what I saw from him.

12. DL Tyson Aluala -- quick, tough Samoan. Kid wrecked havoc whenever he was in the game. Liked him alot.

13. DL Mount Cody (Alabama) -- assuming he has his head screwed on right and doesn't eat his way out of the league (Mike Williams flashback) I would definitely want this guy to be the center of my 3-4 line. He took up 2 blockers every play. He did rotate out alot (probably not a 3 don player, but DAMN that kid is a big presence. Pat Williams-ish.

14. DL George Selvie -- the next aaron Maybin. Definitely say no. He is not an NFL DLineman.

15. LB -Sean Weatherspoon - very impressive player. Will contend for Defensive rookie of the year. He's always around the ball and looks for contact.

16. LB - Koa Misi - see write-up for Sean Weatherspoon. These two were the best looking linebackers on the field.

17. LB Daryl Washington - he was the third best looking LB. Quick to read and react but looked a little more finesse and less physical.

18. 2 Best DB's were 1. Patrick Robinson (FSU) and 2. Kyle Wilson (Boise State).

Tebow started and looked really mediocre. His arm strength is not impressive. The QB from WV has a cannon, reminds me a lot of Vick.

Jarrett Brown is an interesting prospect. He patiently waited three years playing behind Pat White. He has more tools or skills as a qb than most of the other higher profiled prospects but lacks playing experience. When he finalyy did get his chance to play he played very well. He would be an excellent developmental qb who would be worth a fourth round pick.

Jarrett Brown is an interesting prospect. He patiently waited three years playing behind Pat White. He has more tools or skills as a qb than most of the other higher profiled prospects but lacks playing experience. When he finalyy did get his chance to play he played very well. He would be an excellent developmental qb who would be worth a fourth round pick.

just read about Jarrett Brown. good review in the Sr Bowl, better than Lefevour's actually.

Anyone know much about him?

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Tebow was sick all week:

In Saturday's Senior Bowl, try playing without 10 pounds and a healthy esophagus.

There was the quarterback of the night, fresh off a respectable yet unspectacular performance in blustery weather, taxed from a viral esophagus infection yet still being mobbed by overzealous fans banging on his shoulders before he crossed the 50-yard line.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/coll...0,6536196.story

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_co...Swamp+Things%29

Lets get Paulus in the 6th or 7th. May have a good upside.

Really? Just what is Paulus' upside? Another sell job and marketing project for Brandon? He was easily the most hyped, least productive QB in recent Cuse FB history. If you think Paulus can play in this league, then Troy Nunes would make the pro bowl as a rookie.

His arm strength is not a question.... without a doubt, he has no arm strength. Not for the NFL, certainly not for Buffalo weather. Not a lot of demand for a 6 foot 175 lb. QB with no arm that played one season of college ball.

PS.... Donavan McNabb is a better hoop player than Paulus was.