Bryant McKinnie kicked off Pro Bowl team

Lori

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Debatable. As Doc pointed out, NFC tackles were a mediocre lot this season. The top four vote-getters on the AP All-Pro team were all from the AFC (Ryan Clady, Joe Thomas, Michael Roos, and Jake Long).

But if you're looking for a Bills connection, McKinnie was tied for seventh on that list with Michael Oher, who they could have drafted last year, and one vote behind Jason Peters, who they could have kept ...

True. It fits well. Had we drafted McKinnie he wouldn't have made it. Oher is a torture of a particularly other nature, so to speak.

So would you rather have an Offensive Tackle who is named to the Pro Bowl but is kicked off for missing practice

Or Mike Williams?

Thanks Tom Donahoe :censored:

Actually I think its pretty clear from this loser of a draft which also a QB bust Harrington advocated by many on TSW being taken the pick before Williams that the smart move in this draft would have been to trade down rather than get Harrington, Williams or McKinnie who despite his Pro Bowl nod this year would have been a bad pick by TD if he had taken him.

Actually I think its pretty clear from this loser of a draft which also a QB bust Harrington advocated by many on TSW being taken the pick before Williams that the smart move in this draft would have been to trade down rather than get Harrington, Williams or McKinnie who despite his Pro Bowl nod this year would have been a bad pick by TD if he had taken him.

McKinnie has had a good career but he is overrated by being considered a pro-bowler. Know who that sounds like? Ruben Brown. I'd take the career McKinnie has had over the train wreck of a situation we've had at LT for the past decade.

So would you rather have an Offensive Tackle who is named to the Pro Bowl but is kicked off for missing practice

Or Mike Williams?

Thanks Tom Donahoe :censored:

I don't think being named to the Pro Bowl now has as much meaning as earlier years. The rosters are really watered down and undeserving players are now able to add this to their resume.

In addition to getting kicked off the Pro Bowl team (this has never happened before), there's this:

"In October 2005, McKinnie was charged with a misdemeanor for his involvement in the 2005 Minnesota Vikings boat cruise scandal. McKinnie allegedly picked up a naked woman, placing her on the bar and performed cunnilingus on her in front of the crew and other guests. Later that evening McKinnie and three other men were spotted sitting in deck chairs receiving fellatio from four women, which was also observed by the crew in a public area of the boat."

Here's a guy who's been a slightly better than average tackle, who was involved in the love boat sex scandal, and tweets that he's out clubbing shortly before getting kicked off the Pro Bowl team while his teammates are working hard to learn the offense. Both practices that he missed were unexcused...he couldn't make a damn phone call?

He's tried to spin it that he withdrew from the game but even an idiot like Willis McGahee called him on the lie ("bullspit") and everyone knows that McKinnie was kicked off the team. If injuries were a concern, why didn't he simply tell the NFL that he couldn't play in the game like over a dozen fellow Pro Bowlers did?

Bryant McKinnie is a piece of feces.

In all sincerity Tom Donahoe, thank you for not drafting this piece of dung.

Debatable. As Doc pointed out, NFC tackles were a mediocre lot this season. The top four vote-getters on the AP All-Pro team were all from the AFC (Ryan Clady, Joe Thomas, Michael Roos, and Jake Long).

But if you're looking for a Bills connection, McKinnie was tied for seventh on that list with Michael Oher, who they could have drafted last year, and one vote behind Jason Peters, who they could have kept ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,216654

At least this columnist recognizes what a joke Pro Bowl voting is, at least with offensive linemen. No way McKinnie should be a Pro Bowler. The next time someone here gets all lathered up for a first round can't-miss left tackle, just look at the behavior of these clowns. Anyone who caves to the demands of these spoiled babies gets what they deserve. As soon as they hit the lottery they are done busting a sweat. The fact is that Jason Peters and Bryant McKinnie were outplayed by lesser-known and much lower paid tackles. The only thing Pro Bowl about either player is their rep. Nothing more.

PTR

I thought he was from the Scranton area.

In Juco he worked at the Dunder-Mifflen warehouse.

In addition to getting kicked off the Pro Bowl team (this has never happened before), there's this:

"In October 2005, McKinnie was charged with a misdemeanor for his involvement in the 2005 Minnesota Vikings boat cruise scandal. McKinnie allegedly picked up a naked woman, placing her on the bar and performed cunnilingus on her in front of the crew and other guests. Later that evening McKinnie and three other men were spotted sitting in deck chairs receiving fellatio from four women, which was also observed by the crew in a public area of the boat."

Here's a guy who's been a slightly better than average tackle, who was involved in the love boat sex scandal, and tweets that he's out clubbing shortly before getting kicked off the Pro Bowl team while his teammates are working hard to learn the offense. Both practices that he missed were unexcused...he couldn't make a damn phone call?

He's tried to spin it that he withdrew from the game but even an idiot like Willis McGahee called him on the lie ("bullspit") and everyone knows that McKinnie was kicked off the team. If injuries were a concern, why didn't he simply tell the NFL that he couldn't play in the game like over a dozen fellow Pro Bowlers did?

Bryant McKinnie is a piece of feces.

In all sincerity Tom Donahoe, thank you for not drafting this piece of dung.

What he said! :censored:

McKinnie might be getting fined by the NFL as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ined-after-all/

And from his Viking teammate and fellow (legit) Pro Bowler, the man who plays right next to McKinnie on the Vikes, Steve Hutchinson:

"Meanwhile, we can't help but notice the contrast between McKinnie and his teammate Steve Hutchinson, who is playing despite a shoulder injury that will require surgery in two weeks.

"I guess I'm a little old-school when it comes to the Pro Bowl," said Hutchinson. "I think if you can play, you should play."

McKinnie might be getting fined by the NFL as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ined-after-all/

And from his Viking teammate and fellow (legit) Pro Bowler, the man who plays right next to McKinnie on the Vikes, Steve Hutchinson:

"Meanwhile, we can't help but notice the contrast between McKinnie and his teammate Steve Hutchinson, who is playing despite a shoulder injury that will require surgery in two weeks.

"I guess I'm a little old-school when it comes to the Pro Bowl," said Hutchinson. "I think if you can play, you should play."

The bottomline is that yes TD led the Bills braintrust in picking a bust in Williams. However, this in no way proves that TD should have picked McKinnie instead as both these players are losers from the standpoint of Bills fans.

I no our desperation levels are driven even higher by an 0 for the decade playoff performance, but for this fan my desperation is not so high that it would be tolerable to me to have to root for a player who has exhibited the public actions of McKinnie (the holdout, the booze cruise, this Pro Bowl stunt).

I am not talking about McKinnie's body language being bad or some trumped idiocy spouted by hair trigger fans and Sully about IO (the underserved complaints about his actions beginning with a stupid rant he was a cancer when he missed some voluntary workouts. He simply is no player even a semi-intelligent fan would want to root for.

Williams was a loser and a bad choice but for this fan I think he has proved to be a better bad choice than McKinnie and Hutchinson's comments demonstrate why.

Heh, cheers to the front office for making the "better bad choice". You guys rock.

I still disagree though. Williams has no value. McKinnie is a starter. Whether he's a trouble maker or not he is worthy of being on the field and for an offensive line, by the way, that is considered by many to be the best in the league. Even if he's a trouble maker McKinnie has given the Vikings more than Williams could ever give the Bills.