(OT) Sirius goin' crazy!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it also has to do with Imus listeners furiously dialing their brokers.  He has been pumping the stock relentlessly for the last two days.

130455[/snapback]

That might have a part to play (although I wonder why he'd be pumping the stock unless he's headed there himself?), but the bigger reasons were adding Stern, then Karmazin, then him buying a ton of shares and the subscribers starting to sign up.

When are you guys (if ever) planning on selling?

130463[/snapback]

I'm not planning on selling for awhile. I think the stock will hit the mid-30's easily, and go even higher as more people subscribe. I base this on looking at XM, which is trading in the mid-30's, and they don't have nearly the content or executive firepower Sirius now does, and they're losing as much money.

I'm not planning on selling for awhile.  I think the stock will hit the mid-30's easily, and go even higher as more people subscribe.  I base this on looking at XM, which is trading in the mid-30's, and they don't have nearly the content or executive firepower Sirius now does, and they're losing as much money.

130468[/snapback]

Have you looked at their books at all? I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, I've just heard that they are not lined up as well as XM.

Have you looked at their books at all?  I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, I've just heard that they are not lined up as well as XM.

130490[/snapback]

I saw a peice with Sumner Redstone talking about how they will never make it, I am so tempted to sell, I was in Aug 27, just waiting and praying.....

OK... I got a serious question about sirius. I know it's essentily "direct radio". If that's the case...

1) why do I need this?

2) why would I piss away $150/year to listen to a single radio... something that might get listened to an avg of 10 hrs./week plus, if I want to get special chanels I get the pleasure of paying more?

I get "free radio now ... AM/FM and I can fit 180 MP3's on a single CD and if I've got a 10cd player in my trunk, that's 1800 tunes. If each tune is an avg. 2 & 3/4 minutes, thats 82.5 hours of tunes. So, I could go driving in my car for 3 1/2 days without sleep and never hear the same tune twice.

What am I missing?

OK... I got a serious question about sirius.  I know it's essentily "direct radio".  If that's the case...

1) why do I need this?

2) why would I piss away $150/year to listen to a single radio... something that might get listened to an avg of 10 hrs./week plus, if I want to get special chanels I get the pleasure of paying more?

I get "free radio now ... AM/FM  and I can fit 180 MP3's on a single CD and if I've got a 10cd player in my trunk, that's 1800 tunes.  If each tune is an avg. 2 & 3/4 minutes, thats 82.5 hours of tunes.  So, I could go driving in my car for 3 1/2 days without sleep and never hear the same tune twice.

What am I missing?

130535[/snapback]

Why do you need Cable TV? Why not just use the rabbit ears? You can fit 3 full movies on one VHS tape on EP mode. That's 3 nights of watching.

get my point?

Why do you need Cable TV? Why not just use the rabbit ears?

get my point?

------------------------

With all the crap that is being put out on TV I wouldn't be suprised to hear of more people listening to the radio in the evening for entertainment.

get my point?

No

The only thing I watch on cable TV is either news, or football) no more csi cuz cbs pissed me off).... there's plenty of that on cable.... and for $25/month I can have 50 hookups in the house if I want.

I'm still missing something.... but at least it aint $150

No

The only thing I watch on cable TV is either news, or football) no more csi cuz cbs pissed me off).... there's plenty of that on cable.... and for $25/month I can have  50 hookups in the house if I want. 

I'm still missing something.... but at least it aint $150

130561[/snapback]

Ok, let me explain. I wasn't talking specifically about YOU (and your little fight with CBS). My point was that when cable TV first came out people said "why would I pay for TV?" Now look at it. If you went to someone's house who didnt have at least basic cable you would think they were strange. It might not take off, but the idea of having 100 stations of music, 30 or 40 of which are commercial free, would appeal to many people. That, and they can listen to their songs uncensored.

Have you looked at their books at all?  I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, I've just heard that they are not lined up as well as XM.

I have looked at the public books, but I'm sure that guys like Stern and Karmazin, who stand to lose a lot more, have a lot more knowledge than most investors do and wouldn't have rushed into joining Sirius if they didn't think it was viable. Beyond that, the name of the game is subscribers, and with college FB, the NBA, NFL, and now Stern (and who knows what else in the future), Sirius has the content to get mroe subscribers and even steal some way from XM. Add to that a top guy like Karmazin and people are more willing to look favorably upon Sirius than XM.

Great!

I joined in September... It is the best thing in the world... I got it for the "Sunday Package"... I can't shut the thing off!

I have the boombox... Home and car units... I just hope they get the XM "MyFi" type "walkman" unit for their service soon!

Best 12.95 a month I ever spent... Can't live without it!

Ok, let me explain. I wasn't talking specifically about YOU (and your little fight with CBS). My point was that when cable TV first came out people said "why would I pay for TV?" Now look at it. If you went to someone's house who didnt have at least basic cable you would think they were strange.  It might not take off, but the idea of having 100 stations of music, 30 or 40 of which are commercial free, would appeal to many people. That, and they can listen to their songs uncensored.

130568[/snapback]

Exactly...

Satellite radio rocks... You can take it anywhere... Like I said, Sirius will be even better when the do the walkman thing... It also recors up to 5 hours (the one XM has!).

If I had a choice between only having radio or TV... I would take radio... Satellite radio makes that choice sweater!

Exactly...

Satellite radio rocks... You can take it anywhere... Like I said, Sirius will be even better when the do the walkman thing... It also recors up to 5 hours (the one XM has!).

If I had a choice between only having radio or TV... I would take radio... Satellite radio makes that choice sweater!

130602[/snapback]

Sweater?

I'm not planning on selling for awhile.  I think the stock will hit the mid-30's easily, and go even higher as more people subscribe.  I base this on looking at XM, which is trading in the mid-30's, and they don't have nearly the content or executive firepower Sirius now does, and they're losing as much money.

130468[/snapback]

LMAO!!! :lol:

So Coke and Pepsi should trade around the same figure???

:lol::lol:

Don't sell (unless you are a daytrader tho).

X-mas sales will be through the roof along with new subscriptions. Once Stern gets settled, it will go nowhere but up.

Except new big radio contracts too.

I hate Stern, but he is doing wonders for my wallet.