Thurman Thomas Thoughts on Recent Moves

BillsNYC

I'm really glad Thurman stays so involved with the organization. Whenever I get down on the Bills, I think of the damn PARADE of Hall of Famers we've strutted through Canton over the last several years. That's all it takes to get that prideful feeling back, and Thurman is a huge part of that.

I'm really glad Thurman stays so involved with the organization. Whenever I get down on the Bills, I think of the damn PARADE of Hall of Famers we've strutted through Canton over the last several years. That's all it takes to get that prideful feeling back, and Thurman is a huge part of that.

+1

Thurman sounds very sensible and he's onboard with Chan's hire and the moves they've been doing.

Thanks Bill for the link. Nice to see TT out and about.

What else was he is going to say ............he wants to be on the bills payrol of course he isnt going to rail like he would if he didnt want to be part of the Bils organization........................Nothing more than what chris brown does ..........hard to be critical of someone that is paying you

My personal all time favorite Bill.

did thurman say anything about January 15, 2001 ??? .......

thurman is now PAID to say nice things about the bills.....

anyways, we love Thurman, arguably the greatest Bill of All-time.....thats right....(neither kelly or bruce was LEAGUE MVP)

in fact....this topic deserves it's own thread.....

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;#entry1740868

Those last few seconds are telling between the character of those Super Bowl Bills to those of the past decade.

Take Thurman's comments on what Wilson means to him, and compare them to the stupidity of Mcgahee.

Thurman was "thankful" that Ralph Wilson (I almost typed 'George') gave HIM AN OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY IN THE NFL.

McGahee was given a chance not only to be drafted in a high spot after having completely destroyed his knee in a Bowl game, but also given an entire season to SIT AND REHAB his knee while still getting paid.

His response?

Play hard for 1 season (because he was competing for playing time with the then-starter, Travis Henry), and then play like a limp noodle until his dismissal and then PUBLICLY INSULT THE TEAM (move to Toronto), THE WOMEN OF WNY, AND LIVING IN WNY WITH THE "LACK" OF ENTERTAINMENT.

Jason Peters is similar, sans the mouthpiece. The Bills took an undrafted (read: nobody wanted) rookie TE and turned him into a Pro Bowl (debatable) LT. Turned a scrub into a superstar.

Their reward?

2 consecutive seasons of holdouts where his play deteriorated and money became the sole motivating engine for anything.

To get back to the Super Bowl we need less McGahee's and Peters, and more Thomas'.

What else was he is going to say ............he wants to be on the bills payrol of course he isnt going to rail like he would if he didnt want to be part of the Bils organization........................Nothing more than what chris brown does ..........hard to be critical of someone that is paying you

Payroll? You think that is his only motivation? You think Thurman needs the cash?... :beer:

He want's to be involved in Football on the Scouthing end...That is what He really desires...It has nothing to do with money...He want's to be a part of the Organization and turn things around...That's all... :thumbsup:

did thurman say anything about January 15, 2001 ??? .......

thurman is now PAID to say nice things about the bills.....

anyways, we love Thurman, arguably the greatest Bill of All-time.....thats right....(neither kelly or bruce was LEAGUE MVP)

in fact....this topic deserves it's own thread.....

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;#entry1740868

Neither Kelly or Bruce (or Leonard Smith) ever lost their helmet - I am sick of hearing from him and his show stinks

Payroll? You think that is his only motivation? You think Thurman needs the cash?... :)

He want's to be involved in Football on the Scouthing end...That is what He really desires...It has nothing to do with money...He want's to be a part of the Organization and turn things around...That's all... :lol:

The avatar! I didn't know there were other Bills fans who liked AIC still. I just wish I could still admire Thurman like you do and think the best of him-