Don Banks of SI

1) Brady Quinn

2) Soft schedule

3) Plays on a team with top 10 talent so it is hard to fully evaluate him

I don't mind Clausen but none of these QBs do much for me. I'd much rather build up the lines this year and suffer with Brohm/ Fitz/ someone else. I much prefer Mallett or Locker. Drafting out of desperation kills franchises.

Dude,

1: quinn and clausen are completely different people, just cause they went to the same school means nothing

2: He didn't play an easy schedule, mich, mich st, BC, purdue, USC minimum every year

3: Name me one of the Top 10 talents he played with other than Golden Tate

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Draft Huddle they did a Clausen - Bradford comparison-

"The individual record for both quarterbacks vs ranked opponents is eye-opening. Clausen is 0-10 vs. ranked

opponents while Bradford is 8-3 vs ranked opponents.

In addition to playing more ranked opponents, the average margin of victory over ranked opponents is 23 points for

Oklahoma. In addition to this statistic, in 2008, Oklahoma went on a three game stretch scoring over 60+ points vs. the

#2, #12, and #13 teams in the NCAA. Clausen and Notre Dame's average loss to ranked opponents is: 15.8 points.

Bradford (+)

Bradford played out of a spread and on a much better team then Clausen. Bradford had one of the best O-lines in college football while Clausen continued to have one of the worst. Also factor in the injury issue with Bradford. I also feel like ND D might have been more to blame for that 0-10 then Clausen. I would be curious to see Clausen's stats in that 10 games against ranked opponents.

Bradford played out of a spread and on a much better team then Clausen. Bradford had one of the best O-lines in college football while Clausen continued to have one of the worst. Also factor in the injury issue with Bradford. I also feel like ND D might have been more to blame for that 0-10 then Clausen. I would be curious to see Clausen's stats in that 10 games against ranked opponents.

Clausens stats against ranked opponents were bad yr 1, better yr 2 and real good yr 3, considering he had 28 tds and 4 picks this yr, it couldn't have been that bad. I remember against mich. he had a great day

Why is it that we always need a QB in a bad QB year? Better question, why do we always need a QB?

Go Orange

If we finished 3-13 in 2004 instead of 2001, we would have had a shot to draft Big Ben or Rivers. :thumbsup:

And i agree. Go Orange. They look like the best team in college basketball right now.

Dude,

1: quinn and clausen are completely different people, just cause they went to the same school means nothing

2: He didn't play an easy schedule, mich, mich st, BC, purdue, USC minimum every year

3: Name me one of the Top 10 talents he played with other than Golden Tate

1) They both played for Weis and had their best seasons. their # are almost identical. Say what you want to about Weis but he is great at developing QBs. Quinn may turn out better than he is now but i have my doubts. So, IMO, it is a concern if ND is just a QB friendly system where a lot of guys could succeed in.

2) All those teams you named aren't good and have soft defenses. USC had a very down year, especially defensively.

3) Go to Rivals.com. ND has had a top 10 recruiting class every year since JC has been there. Floyd is an elite college receiver and Randolf is a very good TE. Notre Dame has a lot of talent at the skill position.

I definitely like clausen over Bradford, who I think is going to be a huge bust. And if Nix, who helped draft Brees and Rivers, likes Clausen I wil lbe on board. i jsut like Mallett and Locker so much better than I don't really won't to force teh issue unless the Bills are convinced 100% their guy is in this draft.

i hate to say this but another QB whiff could be the death of this franchise.

1) They both played for Weis and had their best seasons. their # are almost identical. Say what you want to about Weis but he is great at developing QBs. Quinn may turn out better than he is now but i have my doubts. So, IMO, it is a concern if ND is just a QB friendly system where a lot of guys could succeed in.

2) All those teams you named aren't good and have soft defenses. USC had a very down year, especially defensively.

3) Go to Rivals.com. ND has had a top 10 recruiting class every year since JC has been there. Floyd is an elite college receiver and Randolf is a very good TE. Notre Dame has a lot of talent at the skill position.

Those teams I mentioned are toss ups year in and year out, and talent wise what about their defense, thats the problem, if clausen had a defense behind him, that ND team is in the BCS title picture.

Exactly! if Mallett and Locker were available this draft Bradford and Clausen would be your 3rd and 4th choices.

It is Likely the Bills will be drafting higher next year. Why? Schobel is likely done in Buffalo. We should trade him for a draft pick. Reed - done, Owens- done. Lynch -is more trouble than he is worth. The Bills are not considered a contender next year. That means that free agents will only come here if they have no options or it's all about cash. We have been there and done that. With any luck the Bills will finish 3-13 to 5-13, Embrace it it may be a good thing! Two or three years of solid prime picks are just what they need. I don't have any confidence in Nix as a real Bill Polian type GM I do have confidence in him as a Gil Brandt type personnel man.

Nix may be what the Bills need right now. Chan Gailey will get his opportunity he will show enought to get an extension after 3 years- or not. It's what Nix does as a personnel guru that is the most important thing.

Its got some guys being drafted WAY before their projection, its very possible that iupati, spikes, could slip to #41, Personally, I would go ot in rd 1, then eric norwood the ROLB from USC, Lefevour, and go from there, I like the WR kid from Ohio, kindof a collie/welker type from what i've seen at the senior bowl practices

GRAHAM ZUG from Penn State!

Also, check out the scouting reports on Jerry hughes OLB TCU, and Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky, could be sleeper guys we target, depending on the Defense

I wouldn't say Hughes is a sleeper, do ya think?

1) Brady Quinn

2) Soft schedule

3) Plays on a team with top 10 talent so it is hard to fully evaluate him

I don't mind Clausen but none of these QBs do much for me. I'd much rather build up the lines this year and suffer with Brohm/ Fitz/ someone else. I much prefer Mallett or Locker. Drafting out of desperation kills franchises.

Brady Quinn: Not the same person as Jimmy Clausen. In fact, they're actually two different people.

Troy Aikman and Tommy Maddox both played for Terry Donohue, and both had relatively similar numbers. Yet they aren't the same people.

GRAHAM ZUG from Penn State!

I wouldn't say Hughes is a sleeper, do ya think?

I hadn't heard anything about either of them till I looked up other lb's that were coming out this year. And nobody here ever mentioned them, so yeah I figured they were sleeper picks for us

Troy Aikman and Tommy Maddox both played for Terry Donohue, and both had relatively similar numbers. Yet they aren't the same people.

turns out they arent. Also turns out if clausen put up the same numbers at tulane, we'd likely think twice after the losman fiasco. I'm not saying we passed on orakpo due to mike Williams, but there are questions about work ethic coming out of Texas -- did the sum of mike, both Roy Williams and a host of other Texas flops atleast make you wonder about orakpo. He's a prime example of why all must be viewed case by case, but there has got to be something learned from history too. It's not a hard rule that because someone before you failed you would too, but it certainly frames how you view someone atleast to a degree -- whether you like it or not. Quinns let down has got to atleast raise questions about whether clausen is a product of the system, or a gamer that transcends the system.

turns out they arent. Also turns out if clausen put up the same numbers at tulane, we'd likely think twice after the losman fiasco. I'm not saying we passed on orakpo due to mike Williams, but there are questions about work ethic coming out of Texas -- did the sum of mike, both Roy Williams and a host of other Texas flops atleast make you wonder about orakpo. He's a prime example of why all must be viewed case by case, but there has got to be something learned from history too. It's not a hard rule that because someone before you failed you would too, but it certainly frames how you view someone atleast to a degree -- whether you like it or not. Quinns let down has got to atleast raise questions about whether clausen is a product of the system, or a gamer that transcends the system.

I know the WR roy williams, but who's the other roy williams that went to texas?

I know the WR roy williams, but who's the other roy williams that went to texas?

Saftey drafted by Dallas -- now in cincy. Best known for his role in bringing about the horse collar rule. The need for this question speaks volumes to his bust factor. Wasn't he a top 10 pick maybe 6-7 or so years ago?

If we finished 3-13 in 2004 instead of 2001, we would have had a shot to draft Big Ben or Rivers. :unsure:

And i agree. Go Orange. They look like the best team in college basketball right now.

we also could have drafted Big Ben by giving up the boatload of picks used to move up to take Losman

Saftey drafted by Dallas -- now in cincy. Best known for his role in bringing about the horse collar rule. The need for this question speaks volumes to his bust factor. Wasn't he a top 10 pick maybe 6-7 or so years ago?

That was a joke, the safety Roy Williams went to OKLAHOMA, not texas, and he went to multiple pro-bowls, def not a "bust"

That was a joke, the safety Roy Williams went to OKLAHOMA, not texas, and he went to multiple pro-bowls, def not a "bust"

Haha my bad it's been a long week! Even though he went to probowls early -- where's he been lately? He was hard fought to get a sniff in free agency. A couple early probowls a career does not make. I don't think anyone would consider him top 15 at his position, and he was a top 10 pick. Regardless -- not a longhorn, so doesn't fit my post too well. I think you got the general idea despite me eating it on that example. Sub in mike huff if you want :unsure:

Haha my bad it's been a long week! Even though he went to probowls early -- where's he been lately? He was hard fought to get a sniff in free agency. A couple early probowls a career does not make. I don't think anyone would consider him top 15 at his position, and he was a top 10 pick. Regardless -- not a longhorn, so doesn't fit my post too well. I think you got the general idea despite me eating it on that example. Sub in mike huff if you want :unsure:

Yeah I got the jist of it, btw roy got to 5 probowls from 02-09, missing them his rookie yr and the 2 yrs he was hurt, and requested his release from Dallas. But you're right I wouldn't consider him tops at his position.