Bills and Tebow

HooperBills

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think he can be developed?? Development is for guys who have all the skills, but not the understanding of the game, usually played at smaller schools. See Phil Simm's. Tebow has the mental part down, his problem likely is the physical part, and rarely can that be developed.

Actually there are questions about his ability to read defenses, so I don't know that he has the mental part down, which makes the physical side more daunting.

It's easy to look great when you play on a stocked team, for a game-changing coach, and rarely have to face competition as good as your team or better.

It's VERY easy to be a leader and show heart when you win 99.99% of the time.

I'm so tired of all this Tebow ballwashing. It's absurd. Even for TSW.

:worthy:

Look, even as a Nole, I can somewhat stomach the idea of him on the Bills - if he is a late-round pick. We just have too many other holes and need too many key positions filled to take a chance on a long-term project early on. Finding starters and game-changers at LT, DT, LB all are much more important than taking a flier on a guy who is going to need a long time to learn how to play QB, and then develop into a NFL-ready QB.

Look, even as a Nole, I can somewhat stomach the idea of him on the Bills - if he is a late-round pick. We just have too many other holes and need too many key positions filled to take a chance on a long-term project early on. Finding starters and game-changers at LT, DT, LB all are much more important than taking a flier on a guy who is going to need a long time to learn how to play QB, and then develop into a NFL-ready QB.

what you say is very true, regardless of how anyone feels about Tebow. i think that is what it comes down to.

Thanks XTC, that means a lot coming from a sage old veteran of this forum ( 17 days ). I don't think I've been a member here long enough to be considered a lurker in most peoples opinion. If you have some intelligent input about a topic than fire away, but the reason I joined this forum was to read the latest on Bills football. I don't intend to get in a long drawn out verbal battle with some tool that that gets his rocks off bashing somebodies beliefs. As was stated earlier lets talk about football skills and not religious persuasions. By the way, I would be happy if he fell to the Bills in the 3rd. :worthy:

Dude...you're comparing a football player to a basketball player :worthy:

Yes. And it's an apt comparison.

Hansbrough was a superstar talent (in college) on a national title winning team. Everyone loved his heart, his leadership, his durability, his intangibles. No one really talked much about his actual game. Because, his actual game wasn't that great. It was average. His heart and desire (as well as playing on a STACKED team) made up for the lack of basketball skill.

Tebow was a superstar talent (in college) on a national title winning team. Everyone loves his heart, his leadership, his durability, his intangibles. No one really talks much about his actual game. Because his actual game isn't that great. It's average (or worse). His heart and desire (as well as playing on a STACKED team) made up for the lack of QB skill.

All the Hansbrough supporters (and there were many) said prior to the draft that his lack of true basketball skill, his limited speed and suspect athleticism would be overcome by his leadership, his heart and his desire. So far, that hasn't been close to the case.

All the Tebow supporters (and there are many) say that his poor throwing motion, his lack of playing in a pro style offense, his inability to read defenses and his so-so arm will be overcome by his leadership, his heart and his desire.

See a pattern?

Thanks XTC, that means a lot coming from a sage old veteran of this forum ( 17 days ). I don't think I've been a member here long enough to be considered a lurker in most peoples opinion. If you have some intelligent input about a topic than fire away, but the reason I joined this forum was to read the latest on Bills football. I don't intend to get in a long drawn out verbal battle with some tool that that gets his rocks off bashing somebodies beliefs. As was stated earlier lets talk about football skills and not religious persuasions. By the way, I would be happy if he fell to the Bills in the 3rd. :worthy:

Heck, don't make me blush. :blush: I feel like I have been here forever. I've been a lurker for years and years much like yourself... deciding only recently to join up. I'm an old-timer in spirit you might say. Again, thanks for stroking my cyber-ego, nice of you to crawl out of your hole to respond here with your first post. Thanks pal! I'll keep on pumping out the anti-fairytale literature and you keep on lapping it up! Once again, you're welcome and God Bless!

Hansbrough was a superstar talent (in college) on a national title winning team. Everyone loved his heart, his leadership, his durability, his intangibles. No one really talked much about his actual game. Because, his actual game wasn't that great. It was average. His heart and desire (as well as playing on a STACKED team) made up for the lack of basketball skill.

Tebow was a superstar talent (in college) on a national title winning team. Everyone loves his heart, his leadership, his durability, his intangibles. No one really talks much about his actual game. Because his actual game isn't that great. It's average (or worse). His heart and desire (as well as playing on a STACKED team) made up for the lack of QB skill.

All the Hansbrough supporters (and there were many) said prior to the draft that his lack of true basketball skill, his limited speed and suspect athleticism would be overcome by his leadership, his heart and his desire. So far, that hasn't been close to the case.

All the Tebow supporters (and there are many) say that his poor throwing motion, his lack of playing in a pro style offense, his inability to read defenses and his so-so arm will be overcome by his leadership, his heart and his desire.

See a pattern?

it really is a great analogy comparing Hansbrough to Tebow........it's possible it will turn out that way.......but i liken Tebow to more of a point guard (has the ball in his hand more than others)......someone who makes everyone around him better......i think, given a couple years to adjust his game, he will be successful in the NFL. i do NOT think he is worth a first round pick, he is however worth a second.

what you say is very true, regardless of how anyone feels about Tebow. i think that is what it comes down to.

Thanks. I have to admit that the idea of Tebow in a Bills uni makes this Nole fan queasy, but I think he would be a great wildcat/slash weapon to have. I don't see him as a franchise QB, but if some other team is stacked enough that they can afford to take him earlier and spend a few years revamping his mechanics, teaching him how to read defenses, and develop him into a starting QB, more power to them. I just don't think we can afford that kind of long-term project in the first few rounds.

I can't suggest I know how he'll turn out, or really evaluate his nfl potential, because I've never played in the NFL... I'm real curious, though about conflicting reports on Tebow. People like Joe D, and Jim Kelly love the kid, and then there is that former gm who teaches draft potentials how to talk to scouts - he said Tebow blew him away more than anyone he's ever met - including people such as Favre. Then there are the poeple - many of them like Kiper who don't play the game, saying he's got no potential as an nfl passer. Well, I do know that on draft day we'll see how the real GM's and coaches in the nfl feel about him, and I suspect he won't make it past the middle of the first round. Until we see how the teams really feel about him, it'll be back and forth. I'm all for bringing him in here, at whatever round, if someone like Kelly were to mentor him, or Indy's QB coach... we don't have one yet named, but, I believe that might be tied to the push that these former Bills greats are putting on the staff to get Tebow. Kelly has said he'd help out. I guess we'll see.

See a pattern?

Fair enough, but Hansbrough is a rookie on the Pacers and he's averaging 8.5 points a game and nearly 5 rebounds a game. I wouldn't label him as a scrub yet. Seems to be developing nicely. I would say that is decent and I liken him a Joakim Noah, who possesses similar intangibles and weaknesses, has developed nicely as one of the leagues top rebounders even though he came out of college relatively raw.

Would you want a guy on your team who is good, but not sure if he is going to give it his all or someone who has the potential to be good, and is willing to bust his tail in doing so? I think the Tebows and the Hansbroughs are the latter and will only get better.

That shows your knowledge and ability to evaluate talent...or lack thereof. :worthy:

The actual grade on these guys, when its all said and done will be remarkably low, that doesn't mean some teams won't reach for a guy like tebow, after all, it only takes 1 team that likes a guy enough to get drafted. However, from a QB skill, NFL quality QB skill standpoint, there are 2, count'em 2 qbs right now worthy of a rd1-3 grade, Clausen, and bradford. That is it, and even those two aren't exactly 5 star prospects, every qb in this class has an extremely limited ceiling. Whether its height, mechanics, arm strength, intelligence, health concerns, there's an issue with each and every one of them. With that said, it's entirely possible that 3 or 4 of these guys could become quite successful in the right situation, BUT when it comes to GRADING a player, its about what his value is, what level are his skills, and in this case, tebow's pro QB skills are VERY limited, therefore, he's not a legit day 1 pick.

wow, lots of things said, some really stupid, and some legit.......i think most agree that he is a project, the question then is, is he a project worth taking? say if we had a qb brought in with some experience? and at last is T.Tebow better off now than some of the other qb 'projects' ie-j.russel :blush: , matt.l :wallbash: , b.quinn :wallbash: , vince.y :worthy: ?? hey guys its fun to talk about, but at the end of the day while tebow may not have some of these guys arms, i think its hard to debate the idea that he has a better mind/head then many if not all of the current 'projects'...................

Ok, so if the Bills get a LT is the 1st round, if Tebow is still there, should they pick him up in say the 2nd? 3rd? Let me know what you think, and please no Jesus comments, yes we know he is Christian, it really has nothing to do with this.

Take him in a heartbeat in the second. He will not start the first year but he will do 10- 12 plays a game in the wildcat and you can even run him in as an H back in the red zone. He will score points.

Someone make the Tebow talk stop, please.

No QB's this year get cheap free agent to compete,

LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN LINEMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT