Here you go Tebow Haters

My rollercoaster of how i view Tebow goes as follows:

1. As a backup to Chris Leak I liked Tebow. He made Florida games interesting and was a good change of pace for a creative offense.

2. His rise to college greatness wore me out though. Like many of us, I was Tebowed right into rooting against the kid. I never actually disliked him but the constant fellating of Florida, Meyer, and Tebow made me :thumbdown:.

3. Now that he is hated by many and is being questioned for the next level, I'm back in his corner :beer:. The hatred for his religous beliefs (which I don't even share) and his criticism only fuel my hopes for him more. Good luck Tim Tebow!

My rollercoaster of how i view Tebow goes as follows:

1. As a backup to Chris Leak I liked Tebow. He made Florida games interesting and was a good change of pace for a creative offense.

2. His rise to college greatness wore me out though. Like many of us, I was Tebowed right into rooting against the kid. I never actually disliked him but the constant fellating of Florida, Meyer, and Tebow made me :sick:.

3. Now that he is hated by many and is being questioned for the next level, I'm back in his corner :beer:. The hatred for his religous beliefs (which I don't even share) and his criticism only fuel my hopes for him more. Good luck Tim Tebow!

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

A lot of the criticisms of Tebow in the Senior Bowl practices and overall in college is his throwing motion. When his line gives him time and space, he's fine. But when the pocket collapses, he's unable to make a good throw because he motion is so labored.

Some people on the Tebow bandwagon mistake the criticism of how his college skills translate to his pro potential as a personal attack. They're not. Maybe he'll overcome the concerns about his throwing motion the way Drew Brees overcame concerns about his height, I dunno. I do know that for every Drew Brees, there have been dozens of guys who had the same issue and didn't make it. Maybe Tebow's the next Bernie Kosar, and maybe he's the next Akili Smith, who knows.

Tebow is a great person who was a great college football player. The hate this guy gets is unreal. He's not the one doing features of himself on College Gameday and Sportscenter. Should he not stay true to himself and his beliefs? I have never seen another athlete, pro or college, who is so revered by his teammates, coaches and fans. Everyone wants athletes to be great people and are shocked when they turn out to be losers. Ya finally get the real deal and everyone trashes him.

That being said, the Bills better not draft him.

Tebow is a great person who was a great college football player. The hate this guy gets is unreal. He's not the one doing features of himself on College Gameday and Sportscenter. Should he not stay true to himself and his beliefs? I have never seen another athlete, pro or college, who is so revered by his teammates, coaches and fans. Everyone wants athletes to be great people and are shocked when they turn out to be losers. Ya finally get the real deal and everyone trashes him.

I don't dislike him for anything other than I think he's a capable college quarterback who is not NFL caliber. Problem is, when you suggest that to anyone who worships at his feet, they cry foul. When Urban Meyer did his whole "i don't know what league he can't succeed in" after the bowl game, I wanted to punch the guy. And I'm a BGSU alum, the guy was coached my school, I like the guy. But the NFL game and the college game are as different as the college game and high school, but people don't want to hear that.

I will say this, Tebow is in the media because he makes himself available, he wants that attention for his own reasons. If he didn't want the attention, he could, to a certain degree, deflect and avoid it.

See ... you've just stated the biggest problem with Tebow. It's the tendency to lean on hyperbole when discussing the kid. You really have "never seen another athlete, pro or college, who is so revered by his teammates, coaches and fans"? Really? Because just off the top of my head I could name ten:

Joe Montana

Michael Jordan

Derek Jeter

Peyton Manning

Jim Kelly

Walter Payton

Emmit Smith

Mariano Rivera

Magic Johnson

John Elway

Everyone of those guys were beloved by their teammates, fans, opponents, and coaches (or still are). All are Hall of Famers (or will be).

A guy Tebow better compares to is Tyler Hansbrough. One of the greatest college basketball players in the past 10 years. Beloved by UNC, hated by everyone else. National Player of the year (twice I think?). And now? He's a scrub on the Pacer's bench.

So, forget the hyperbole.

I like Tebow. If he could play Left Tackle...I'd draft him in the first round. If he could play Defensive End or Right Tackle I'd take him in the second round. If he could play linebacker I'd take him in the third round. If he makes it to the fourth round, I'll take a flyer on him and play him at halfback, tight end or use him a lot in the wildcat. He ain't going to make it to the fourth round so I'm looking at more offensive and defensive linemen, thank you very much.

Some Tebow comments from the Cincinnati Enquirer sports columnist Paul Daugherty, 1/26/10:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010012...+Poor+Tim+Tebow

True enough!

I'm not a huge fan, but not a hater either, I just don't want the Bills to take a chance on him with a early pick. Other teams might have that luxury, but we don't, we have toooooooooooooooo many holes to fill.