Whitner Wants Troy Smith

BillsNYC

DonteWhitner Troy is a proven winner and leader! Joe Flacco is the franchise in B' More its only right....I watched the guy sit behind Justin Zwick.....

Adam_Schefter RT @DonteWhitner: I think we should get Troy Smith to be our Qb, please!

Uh...Donte...you should worry about your own place on this team right now....

Screw Whitner with any kind of luck he will not be on this team next year, can't respect a player that talks and does not deliver

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude...Seriously you're just making yourself look foolish now...Leonhard was a better Player than Whitner has ever been while he was in Buffalo in VERY limited time...He's just continued to improve unlike Donte...Believe me I've tried in every way possible to make excuses for Whitner over the years...But I'm done with it...If I see the guy take one more bad angle I swear I'll projectile vomit...

Whitner may not be the worst Safety in the league but he's not even in Leonhard's league any longer...Maybe he will get better under new Coaching, I can't wait to see it to be honest...He's one of the most overpaid Players in this league now...He was a terrible, terrible Draft Pick at #8 Overall...The Bills just need to part ways...I wish Dante all the luck in the world elsewhere...I really do... :doh:

This is beyond dumb. If you don't think Whitner won't be a much, much better player on a defense like the Ravens and Jets, you're out of your mind.

I think we should create some sort of petition for change... whether it be a facebook group or something. The reason for this post is because Donte Whitner and his ignorant remarks about being on the same team with Troy Smith. If he wants it - let's grant him his wish and send him to Baltimore. Maybe I AM being ignorant and just ranting... but I really am sick of this guy. He might be nice and all but he really needs to act more professional, worry about himself, and understand that he is deep on the buffalo bills depth chart for safeties in my eyes. The guy has been nothing but a waste of money thus far.

And if honestly you believe that Leonhard is a better player than DW, then your hate for DW is overshadowing any football knowledge you have.

Wow...Unbelievable... :doh:

In 14 more starts...Donte has 94 more Total Tackles (63 more Solo) than Leonhard, the same amount of INT's (4), 3 less Passes defended, 2.5 less Sacks, one more Forced Fumble, and the same amount of TD's (1)...

I guess we'll see in time...But at the risk of exposing my lack of Football knowledge I'd say it's a pretty safe statement that Leonhard is a better player than Dante...Dante has 100 times the natural talent and athletic ability, but Leonhard is the better player...We'll see how Dante does with better Coaching...We'll see if a better DC can stop Whitner from over-pursuing and getting caught taking bad angles in the Run Game...We'll see if a better Coach can get him to cover anyone...ever...We'll see... ;)

Let's review here. You whine like a 12 year old girl (no offense to 12 yo girls) and add nothing of substance ever. Whitner is a millionaire, who loves being a Bill, is one of the better leaders on the time, and would be signed in about 5 minutes if we cut him. Yeah, you're right. Whitner is a real loser! :doh:

First, WTF does Donte being a millionaire have anything to do with the argument?

Secondly, how in the heck do you determine Donte is one of the better leaders on this team?

At this point, Donte is nothing more than a loud mouth attention seeking leader wannabe.

He defended Jauron to the point he told Bills fans there are 31 other teams to root for. Yet, the same Donte seemed to change his tune once Fewell took over.

Donte needs to STFU. If he's a leader in the locker room, these public out bursts do nothing to enhance that position, and only make him look like an idiot.

Wow...Unbelievable... :doh:

In 14 more starts...Donte has 94 more Total Tackles (63 more Solo) than Leonhard, the same amount of INT's (4), 3 less Passes defended, 2.5 less Sacks, one more Forced Fumble, and the same amount of TD's (1)...

I guess we'll see in time...But at the risk of exposing my lack of Football knowledge I'd say it's a pretty safe statement that Leonhard is a better player than Dante...Dante has 100 times the natural talent and athletic ability, but Leonhard is the better player...We'll see how Dante does with better Coaching...We'll see if a better DC can stop Whitner from over-pursuing and getting caught taking bad angles in the Run Game...We'll see if a better Coach can get him to cover anyone...ever...We'll see... ;)

Rewatch the Colts game and see how many times JL was picked on. He is a decent enough player but he is the product of a great defensive system that brings alot of pressure. Whitner plays in a cover 2 defense.

I'm done with this now if people honestly think JL is a better player than DW. It's beyond silly. People hate on Whitner for all the wrong reasons and will hate him regardless.

This is beyond dumb. If you don't think Whitner won't be a much, much better player on a defense like the Ravens and Jets, you're out of your mind.

I said maybe he would...But maybe he won't either...I know Leonhard did...Put the tape back in and watch Dante without biased and tell me it's all Coachable...He plays out-of-control at times and takes terrible angles...He takes himself out of more plays than the Coaches ever could...Why is it Safeties like Scott and Wilson seem to overachieve under Fewell and Dante was consistantly underacheiving?

I'm done defending Dante...Did it for a few years...Took off the rose coloreds...I wish him luck...If he stay I hope he makes me eat my words...But I'd rather see him gone to be honest... :doh:

Rewatch the Colts game and see how many times JL was picked on. He is a decent enough player but he is the product of a great defensive system that brings alot of pressure. Whitner plays in a cover 2 defense.

I'm done with this now if people honestly think JL is a better player than DW. It's beyond silly. People hate on Whitner for all the wrong reasons and will hate him regardless.

Maybe so...I do admit that if in fact Dante was not Drafted #8 overall, and making that type of cash, I would not be so hard on him...But for where he was Drafted I want a BIG time Safety...Not one that, right or wrong, could EVER be compared to Jim Leonhard...Not for the #8 Overall Pick...Like I said I wish him luck...And I should say I do admire how much he seems to care about being a Buffalo Bill...It's just too bad they took him where they did cause I don't think there is any way he can ever live up to it given his abilities...I may be wrong, but I doubt it... :doh:

Does anyone want to talk about the merits of Troy Smith?

Wow, I was all set to post something about Whitner's chances of being cut, when your post reminded me that this is a Troy Smith thread.

I think Smith is an intriguing guy to throw into the mix. Remember, he had won the starting job over Flacco in preseason last year, but then he got hurt, and Flacco was too good to bench. On a smaller scale, could be like a Trent Green/Kurt Warner '99 Rams situation. Much smaller scale.

Smith is probably a lot better than anything we have on the roster now, but that doesn't mean much. The question is, how much would it cost to get him? If we're talking Brunell/Hasselbeck levels (something like a 3rd and a 5th), I think it's a decent gamble. No new contract until he proves it on the field, though. Worst case would be Rob Johnson Trade 2.0 - #9 overall pick AND a giant new contract before taking the field.

Does anyone want to talk about the merits of Troy Smith?

NO! :doh:

Seriously I guess I'd take him over Vick...For what that's worth...But that's mainly because My Girlfriend is going to give Me holy hell if The Bills get Vick...So I'm hoping I can keep the peace in the House if you know what I mean...

I just think the Smith thing comes from Dante being a close friend and really not much more...He has a lot to prove in the NFL still...But we'll see... ;)

Jim Leonhard is about half the player as DW is good enough to start in back to back championship games. If you put down the misplaced bitterness towards Whitner, he is a good safety. In a sick way, I'd love to see him on another team jsut to prove how stupid this hate is.

Your man love for DW is clouding your already ridiculous judgement. DW has been average and regardless of injury, the Bills coaches know that he is a liability around the line of scrimmage and in coverage. He routinely takes bad angles and is hardly a sure tackler. The lack of any any kind of impact plays is stunning. He's been on the field for over a thousand passes in his career and has gotten his hands on the ball, either with an INT (4) or pass deflections, ONLY 16 TIMES! Byrd had 9 INT's and 11 PD's in his rookie year and he only played in 13 games!!! DW is a blow-hard who does all of his work off of the field and now, because of his poor play, he is on the sidelines.

What are you guys talking about?? Reading these post, you would think Whitner wasn't even worthy of playing in the NFL.....Is he in the league of a Reed or the other guys of course not....but the guy is a good Safety......I don't recall him costing us games....or getting beat often....I don't get it....you guys want to thrown him under the bus but a guy like Pusluszny (who is always chasing guys down the field after they have passed the 2nd level of defense) isn't given much heat.....I dont know about you, but if I had a choice of keeping one of those guys on my team (not thinking about depth), I am taking Whitner......If you compare Whitner with Byrd, Byrd obviously makes the game changing plays with the interceptions...but aside from that, What does Byrd do better than Whitner???? I'll tell you....nothing

For some reason, I just think Bills fans do not like Whitner....I saw the same treatment with McGahee (who was a good back 1,000 yd season), Lynch (good back 1,000 yd season) etc...

But guys like Schobel (look at his production numbers), Posluszny (look at his numbers) aren't criticized nearly as much

I just think of players don't fit a certain image, Bills fans are much more critical

I am not saying that Whitner has played the part of a 11th overall pick....but the guy certainly has talent and is far from a liability on the field....when you look at our roster, what we need is talent....we aren't a position to be cherry picking....you put Whitner in a defense that can better utilize his talents and I think he is more productive....not pro bowl productive but I think he would be more productive

The problem for Whitner is that he is an undersized SS.....He is a SS in the body of a FS or CB

That's my biggest fear, we all know he hasn't performed well considering how much he runs at the mouth but the guy can fly to the ball. I want him gone for all the same reasons you guys do but i'm emotionally attached to his upside like a pack rat and cocoa cola cans.

Donte's wish may come true soon, he will have a seat right next to Troy at some bar near Ohio State, and they can chat about there glory days in football and how they both are out of a job in the NFL because they both sucked.

What are you guys talking about??

If you don't think Poz/Schobel/Kelsay takes heat on this board than you must not read it very much. It sounded like the "image" that you are talking about is a black or white thing? If thats the case, DW would suck if he was purple. McGahee deserved everything he got, he was another big mouth proclaiming he was the best back in the league and pumped out mediocre seasons and has been reduced to a role player in Baltimore. Lynch was beloved by fans when he got here. The stadium erupted when he touched the ball. But he's gotten himself in trouble off of the field way to often and hurt the team by getting suspended this year because he wanted to play Boyz in the Hood again.

Here's the difference between DW and Byrd...instincts. Byrd knows where that ball is going and shows up before it gets there. DW, watches the reciever catch it and then takes a bad angle to make the tackle.

I am not saying that Whitner has played the part of a 11th overall pick....

8th overall...But who's counting... ;)

And if you've yet to see Whitner get burned or miss a tackle, or take a bad angle and allow a big play, then I have to ask...Have you watched any Games over the past 4 years?

Seriously though...The fact that Whitner was Drafted where he was, and makes what he makes, HAS to be a HUGE part of his overall analysis...It HAS to be, especially on a Team like The Bills who are not going to out-spend anyone...:doh: