NFL Draft

Being that i go to the draft every year and i know there are a few others that attend as well just wanted to let everyone know the new draft dates and times.

ROUND 1 is thursday, april 22nd at 730 pm

ROUND 2 and 3 is friday april 23rd at 630 pm

ROUND'S 4-7 are saturday at 10am

Anyone that goes to the draft know when were suppose to get there and line up? I was use to arriving there at about 11pm the night before and just waiting in line.

This is getting a little ridiculous.

Total BS........ Just like tomorrow's games. Everything has to be in prime time. :beer::blink:

Waking up Saturday morning with a nice cup a joe is now a distant memory. <_<

Madden had a great plan for Championship Sunday. He fashioned an idea of having one game played on Saturday and the other on Sunday. I thoight that to be a gret idea. Adding an extra day for a football game is NEVER a bad thing!!!!!

:nana::lol:

Does having this in "prime time" really help ESPN or the NFL? Who is going to watch it because it is in prime time that couldnt watch it on saturday and sunday? I see them picking up few viewers because of this move. In contrast, they now need to find good programming on sunday which would exceed the NFL draft in ratings.

i dont see how this meets their intent..

They'll likely get better ratings because people will watch it at home instead of in large groups...but not nearly as many people will actually watch. There were several thousand of us at the Ralph for the season ticket holder draft party this year...might have about half those people watching at home on Thursday night

My favorite day of the NFL year is now split over two nights, one of which is a work night. Ugh. So much for my tradition of attending the draft. I'm not taking two days off of work so I can watch the Bills blow the draft again.

And I think the NFL should have serious concerns about the Friday night day 2. Sure, it's only rounds 2 and 3, but in my experience, it's only the die-hards that care about anything but the first round. Thursday night will be as easy to fill as Saturday was, only now it'll be almost exclusively native New Yorkers, which probably suits the NFL just fine. But last year's day 2 was pretty empty even for the third round, and that was on a Sunday afternoon, not a Friday night when people have better things to do. We'll see how it goes, but I adamantly hate the whole thing.

heres hoping we do better this year.........

woulda, coulda, shoulda:

2009- Maybin (#10) or Brian Cushing (#15) (def R.O.Y)

2008- McKelvin(#11) or Ryan Clady(#12) ( #1 Left Tackle in NFL)

2007- Lynch (#12) or Darrelle Revis (#14) (#1 corner in NFL)

2006- Witner (#8) or Haloti Ngata (#12) ( #4 NT in NFL))

2006- McCargo (#26) or Nick Mangold (#29) (#1 Center in NFL)

2005- traded away to DAL (#20) for J.P. Losman or Aaron Rodgers (#24) (PRO Bowl QB)

2004- Lee Evans (#13) or Vince Wilfork (#21) ( #3 NT in NFL)

2004- #43 traded to Dal or Bob Sanders (#44) (All Pro Safety)

2003- #14 traded to NE for Bledsoe or Troy Polamulu (#16)

2003- McGahee (#23) or Dallas Clark (#24) or Nnamdi Asomugha(#31)

2002- Mike Williams (#4) or Dwight Feeney(#11) or Albert Haynesworth (#15) or Ed Reed (#24)

thats enough pain......