If JaMarcus Russell were to become available via trade,

Tipster19

Jamarcus russell gives black qb's a bad name, well all qbs but he's not exactly a good example for black qbs. Which consist off, mcnabb, vick, campbell, russell, garrard, freeman, seneca wallace, trevaris jackson, should I continue, i mean aside from mcnabb, its a laundry list of mediocrity. Bottom line is NO I wouldnt trade for russell, i wouldn't pick him up as a FA, I wouldnt want him on the bills if he paid us, the guy sucks, and the idea to trade for him was idiotic.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physically/athletically I think that the guy has some special gifts, especially that Gailey is suppose to excel in developing young QBs but attitude wise Russell is another story. Him being rumored as an underacheiver with a indifferent work ethic sure takes away a lot of his redeeming athletic qualities. Big time QBs are hard to find and I'm wondering if the positives outweigh the negatives and if he can be motivated enough to progress in his young career.

Russell:

• Has amazing physical traits
  • Was chosen in the first round
  • Has never shown he can be a pocket passer
  • Cannot read defenses
  • Is inaccurate

If we wanted a quarterback like that, then why did we send the previous iteration of that guy to the UFL? The only difference between Russell and you-know-who is that the latter had a lot more passion for the game of football than Jamarcus Russell will ever have.

:beer: NO I am very much on point............................J russell numbers and M.sanchez rookie numbers are the same .....one has a number 1 rated defense and running attack the other does not............For anyone to try to say that J Russell is a shining light as to why Black QB is thought of in a negative light is MORANIC and not without substance........ On the Good Ole Boy topic pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee You know as well as anyone Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey didnt deserve there new gigs nor was Brandon even qualified to make the search or did you listen to the RALPH PRESS CONFERENCE ON THE SO CALLED SEARCH and if they was of color No way in hell would they have gotten the GIG.....................So when you try to say Moronic you lose credibility in my book...... but Hay who gives a Damn what you think I wasn't writing it for you its just Food for Thought. What you need to think about is why we are running here looking for scapegoats. WHY is the person(overdorf/brandon) who paid for jauron to get a contract extention when he never won more than 7 games and still have a job or Why do we pay more for Low Quality Players than New England or Indy for Christ sake and he still has a job. For the past 7 years I watched a Proud Franchise become the joke of the NFL yet Brandon ,Littman,Overdorf have jobs why? Thats the Moronic thing you need to concern yourself with....................................moronic .................please...............there was no comeback to make :blink:

you didnt really read my post did you? you just emoted. I defended much of what you said. Your first few statements were mronic in context. You are defending a lot of what i agree with you on. Now read,think...then post.

You guys are morons, at 6,6 278 Jamarcus Russel has much more potential at DE than Maybin has- Buddy giter done

We've seen time and again that quarterback talent isn't so much a predictor as it is a cut off in the NFL. QB is all about being able to read and react. In that sense, I'd be much more willing to see another year of what Trent can do as opposed to bringing in Russell, who clearly has no concept of defensive schemes.

Jamarcus russell gives black qb's a bad name, well all qbs but he's not exactly a good example for black qbs. Which consist off, mcnabb, vick, campbell, russell, garrard, freeman, seneca wallace, trevaris jackson, should I continue, i mean aside from mcnabb, its a laundry list of mediocrity. Bottom line is NO I wouldnt trade for russell, i wouldn't pick him up as a FA, I wouldnt want him on the bills if he paid us, the guy sucks, and the idea to trade for him was idiotic.

You are a racist fool.

You give posters on this board, a bad name.

Physically/athletically I think that the guy has some special gifts, especially that Gailey is suppose to excel in developing young QBs but attitude wise Russell is another story. Him being rumored as an underacheiver with a indifferent work ethic sure takes away a lot of his redeeming athletic qualities. Big time QBs are hard to find and I'm wondering if the positives outweigh the negatives and if he can be motivated enough to progress in his young career.

Not a rumor.

Plus RW is a racist, sorry to tell you, who hires inferior white guys over good talent african americans. Both Frazier and Fewell are far better candidates for this job than the guy who was not employed this year (not even as an announcer!).

But that guy is whte.

DJ over Marvin Lewis.

Draw your own conclusions.

I am done with the Bills for the short term at least, I need time to recover from this latest hard fist to the gut.

Chan Gailey!!!???????????

You are a racist fool.

You give posters on this board, a bad name.

you've got to be kidding, nothing I said was racist. you are really oversensitive

He likes to throw that label around.

He likes to throw that label around.

i see that, jeez, although I agree that Ralph doesn't want to hire a black HC , it was even a prereq during the coaching search

1:HC exp

2: offensive minded

3:not a blackie

it was in the press release

DRAFT Oline, Dline, Linebacker, the right guy if he is there for QB

Free agancy: McNabb or Vick would be a great 2-3 year solution(only problem with Vick is that Gailey is a deeply rooted man when it comes to scripture so Vick would have to have Dungy's stamp of approval at the VERY least)

All the confidence in the world though when it comes to NIX and Gailey. Just sitting back and waiting patiently :wallbash:

Yeah, just ask the Raiders. When are Bills fans going to quit Dumpster diving?

What the Hell does that mean?????? Shining example are you serious..........................Jamarcus Russell problem is that he has no O-line , no Defense , no running game ..........Something that Sanchez has .......isnt it funny when you have a number 1 running attack and number 1 defense you look a whole lot better .even.with the same numbers.................Sanchez numbers is equal to Russell first year did you know that? This is a shining example that someone like Chan Gailey can get two shots at Head Coaching without deserving it, as oppose to Leslie Frazier who won everywhere Gets zero chances because he doesnt fit the "Good Ole boy" look................. You still dont know what I mean? Lets ask "good ole boy" Buddy Nix he has been on this earth 70yrs I am sure he was looking to be GM when they interviewed absolutely no one. How about "Good ole Boy" Overdorf /littman he has been with Bills screwing up contracts for 10 plus years Did you know he gave "Good ole boy" Jauron his extension now why not the furor to get rid of Overdorfer or Littman .................no reason I guess.........Jarmarcus Russell is the shining example why people on this board have preconceived views not based on facts but color of someone skin :wallbash: ...................with all that being said although he is better than all of the past QB's we had for the last 6-8 years, I wouldn't take him,Campbell,or Mcnabb..........terrible as this might seams right now I would not waste draft picks this year on QB's,there are too many good defensive players this year . We finally have competant people in judging talent I dont want to mess this immediate help with drafting a supposed "can't miss" guess on QB. We will finally get a very srong Defense and strong O-line this year, during that time Michael Vick (sorry dog lovers ) should be at the helm. Only he will put pressure on opposing Defenses . Why Mick Vick you ask? Arm and The fear he puts in defenses, We will have a player(like him or not) That has to be game planned for him.When our O-line fails us he can still(by himself) MAKE THE DEFENSE PAY. So when YOU people pull off those rose color blinders you will understand that he will be the 1st playmaker that we would have had since Bledsoe,Spikes,Molloy. Sorry for the Rant :worthy::worthy: I'M SORRY "GOOD OLE BOYS" BUT THIS TIME WE WILL FILL THIS ROSTER WITH PLAYMAKERS FOR ONCE............not the kelsays,shoebels,cortos,jenkins,ellisons,brad butlers,wendlings,dustin foxes of the past. Brandon,Littman,overdorf is now on notice your SCAPEGOATS IS GONE ....WE WILL BE WATCHING FOR ANY MARKETING GIMMICKS(LIKE LOOKING FOR A REAL HEAD COACH THAT YOU HAD NO INTENTION TO PAY) OR NOT PAYING FOR TOP COACHES( OVERDORF ,BRANDON LITTMAN). WE WILL GET TO SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY ARE ....RALPHS' YES MEN..................ENJOY IT WHY YOU CAN (RALPHS is 91,I hope he gave you guys a nice parachute) BECAUSE THE NEXT OWNERSHIP WILL DROP YOUR @#$ FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY OVERDORF/littman SIGNS DOCKERY TO A 5YR 49 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT OR brandon resign jauron for 3 more years for getting us to 7-9..........

Jarmarcus Russell is the shining example why SOME people on this board have preconceived views not based on facts but color of someone skin. You can have Russell and Vick, i would love to get Campbell. His completion percentage and passer rating have gone up consistently over the past 4 yrs despite having, i believe, 4 different OC's. On top of that, i beleive he handled himself well with the Cutler rumors this past offseason.