Lets draft this guy

billsfan_34

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure that is going to be the case with him. He is going to be a developmental type player who won't be contributing right away, especially at the qb position. In the era of quick returns on investment that dynamic will force him to be drafted a little lower. What I like about LeFevour is that he has a lot of moxie. Sometimes his play is not very refined but he finds a way to get it done. From what I have seen when he gets knocked down he doesn't get discouraged. He gets up and keeps playing without fear. He is a tough kid who would be embraced by the fanbase.

My feelings about our draft strategy is that the Bills need to get an OT to bulk up the OL and give the qb, no matter who it is, a fair chance to succeed.

Without a doubt OT...but 2nd or 3rd a QB...bring in Mcnabb to hold the fort, let fitz be the number 2 and say bye to trent..hes just broke all the time.

Without a doubt OT...but 2nd or 3rd a QB...bring in Mcnabb to hold the fort, let fitz be the number 2 and say bye to trent..hes just broke all the time.

What happens if Trent Edwards outperforms the other qbs competing for the position? Let the qbs compete and let the winner earn the starting position. There is no doubt that last year Edwards lost his confidence. He was probably relieved after taking such a vicious beating when he lost his starting position. I'm not against giving players an opportunity to compete and earn their position. Do I have my doubts about him? Of course. His mental toughness is the big issue with me. However, I'm not afraid to have him prove me wrong. It would be a pleasant surprise if he could turn himself around from being a beaten player to being a successful and commanding player. The odds are against it, but it doesn't hurt to give him another opportunity. Last year, Cedric Benson, the back for the Bengals, was one of the top backs in the league. Prior to that the former very high first round pick was let go by the Bears and declared an unmitigated bust. The point I'm making is that the unexpected can happen, improbable as it might seem, so it doesn't hurt to give a player a chance to prove himself on the field.

Dan LeFevour...strong arm, cold weather qb, moves in the pocket well, mobile, smart and a great leader.

Man i'm with you this guy is all that and a bag of chips !! i asked Chris Brown at BB.com about him and he don't think so because he worked mostly from the shotgun but i think that is minor , this guy is loaded with talent and is the second coming of Kelly or possibly even better .There are two other guys on the team i had this same feeling about one is Fred "action " Jackson & the other i think is Steve Johnson. Go Bills !!

Saw this kid's bowl game performance this year and have to tell you - he is ALREADY better than anyone on our roster at this position currently. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the word spreads on him quickly - he's not secret now. Once he gets into the combine work and interviews w teams IMO that he'll be the 2-3 QB off the board... No way he's there by late 2nd round.

Rothlesberger, Leftwhich, Pennington. Playing in the MAC will not hurt him past the top half of Round one. I think he will be the number 3 rated QB come the draft. He will not be there when the Bills draft in Round 3 but if he is it's a bonus.

everyone called the flacco pick a reach. and he played at delaware. so i guess there are little school/league guys able to play with the big boys.

hes of course not worth the #9 pick, but 3rd, or even 2nd round would be a nice pickup

What happens if Trent Edwards outperforms the other qbs competing for the position? Let the qbs compete and let the winner earn the starting position. There is no doubt that last year Edwards lost his confidence. He was probably relieved after taking such a vicious beating when he lost his starting position. I'm not against giving players an opportunity to compete and earn their position. Do I have my doubts about him? Of course. His mental toughness is the big issue with me. However, I'm not afraid to have him prove me wrong. It would be a pleasant surprise if he could turn himself around from being a beaten player to being a successful and commanding player. The odds are against it, but it doesn't hurt to give him another opportunity. Last year, Cedric Benson, the back for the Bengals, was one of the top backs in the league. Prior to that the former very high first round pick was let go by the Bears and declared an unmitigated bust. The point I'm making is that the unexpected can happen, improbable as it might seem, so it doesn't hurt to give a player a chance to prove himself on the field.

What happens if I start crapping gold nuggets? In both cases, I'll worry about it when it happens.

As for LeFevour, I'm probably as high on him as anyone, and I'd be happy if we drafted him in the 2nd, but can we drop the "strong arm" talk? In the NFL, guys with strong arms are guys like Big Ben, Peyton (NOT Eli), Favre, McNabb, Losman (they're not all good, remember), etc. LeFevour can probably make all the throws, but that doesn't give him a strong arm by NFL standards. All that does is get him in the door. Watching him play, I haven't seen the ball come out of his arm with the kind of zip that would merit the "strong arm" label.

If you think a cannon-armed QB is a must for the swirling winds of Buffalo, then your best bet is either to trade for one of Philly's non-white QBs (Vick's lost some of his fastball, but that just means he went from one of the strongest ever to normal human strength), or tank the entire 2010 season and go for Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett in the 2011 draft.

Of course I've been high on this kid for the last 2 yrs, however, I don't think all the hype in the world would legitimize him as a rd 1 pick, theres too much to work on, but the top of the 2nd like #41 maybe, would be a great place to pick our QB of the future.

Also, I noticed while watching that highlight reel that most of those clips wree inside the red zone or at mid field, which may explain why there weren't a lot of deep ball highlights.

I think the most important thing to remember with Lefevour is that he's a RB convert and has only been playing QB since he got to college, so there's a lot of upside when he actually "learns" his craft, but theres also a lot of learning yet to be done, He needs a good mentor, not TE or Fitz but a legit NFL QB to learn from.

What happens if I start crapping gold nuggets? In both cases, I'll worry about it when it happens.

As for LeFevour,

If you think a cannon-armed QB is a must for the swirling winds of Buffalo, then your best bet is either to trade for one of Philly's non-white QBs (Vick's lost some of his fastball, but that just means he went from one of the strongest ever to normal human strength), or tank the entire 2010 season and go for Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett in the 2011 draft.

I like the idea of a QB from Philly for next season, while we develop the lines with additional OT and DT strength. If a QB is there in the 2nd like LeFevour that would be cool.

See Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrell

System QBs almost never succeed in the NFL. You guys have such a unwarranted hard on for LeFevour. I'm sick of reading posts about this guy and the bust Derrick Johnson.

None of those three have the mobility that Lefevour has.

And what exactly is a "system QB".

Lefevour has performed and broken records with what he has been given, you can't fault him for that.

Also, all the QB at the top this yr except clausen, played in some form of a spread, so if you like Mccoy, tebow, bradford, then you should like Lefevour, cause he stacks up against all three, if not better because of his mobility. I supposed you could make a case for Snead, but his wildly inconsistent arm, and penchant for throwing ints this yr is def. scary.

meh I'm not sold, what is he running there the spread? That's what it looks like. I find it a bit odd that he runs the spread yet his highlight video didn't show but maybe one deep ball. I'm willing to bet that his knock is just that-his deep ball. On a side note it looks like maybe he can be converted to a WR if the QB thing doesn't work out.

typical Bills--TO and evans on the roster with no QB who can get them the ball.