Anyone else EMBARRASSED by the new GM?

Thurman8125

So being Assistant GM for the Chargers is chicken feed?

I couldn't wait for someone to post this. I was baiting you like a good CB baits Ryan Fitzpatrick. Oh let's answer this with another TWO questions.....

Pertaining to Bobby April.....

How did that Assistant Head Coaches title work out for him?

Pertaining to Tom Modrak.....

How did that assisant GM duty with the Eagles work out for him?

Pretty much like chicken feed!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, only the first pick of a draft is important to you? Go back and pick up your XBOX controller - you left it on the floor in the middle of your Madden game.

Good one. And yeah, 1st round picks are supposed to be can't miss players. Especially where the Bills usually pick in round 1. It is bust after bust, however, and it gets pretty old.

Why don't you read some facts about your "70 year old goofball.":

Nix left Buffalo with John Butler and A. J. Smith after the 2000 season. He was initially the Director of Pro Player Personnel (2000-2001), but after Butler died, Smith was promoted to General Manager, and Nix to Assistant General Manager.

Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team. In 2004, three players Nix drafted were selected to the 2005 Pro Bowl. In 2005, six players Nix drafted were selected to the 2006 Pro Bowl. In 2006, eleven players Nix drafted were selected to the 2007 Pro Bowl. In 2007, eight players Nix drafted were selected to the 2008 Pro Bowl.

Nix is considered by some to be one of the top five talent evaluators in the NFL. The Chargers won four out of the last five AFC West titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts.

In truth, after the last 10 years of garbage, hiring Buddy Nix was quite atypical of Ralph Wilson!

I like posts like this. Statements backed up by facts. OP=fail. I am more embarrassed to share a passion for the Bills with you than I am of Buddy Nix. I don't think any of us should be embarrassed. That would insinuate that we ourselves have done something. Don't forget that it's only a football team. It's not our family that's being run by Ralph. That would be embarrassing!

I couldn't wait for someone to post this. I was baiting you like a good CB baits Ryan Fitzpatrick. Oh let's answer this with another TWO questions.....

Pertaining to Bobby April.....

How did that Assistant Head Coaches title work out for him?

Pertaining to Tom Modrak.....

How did that assisant GM duty with the Eagles work out for him?

Pretty much like chicken feed!

I see a point here. Neither of them was promoted to Head Coach or GM. Here's another point. Just because it doesn't work with one or two individuals doesn't mean it will never work. Give Buddy a chance. If he fails, you can say "I told you so". If he succeeds, at least you won't be the one being told.

Just saying....

There isn't a team in the NFL or a fan on this forum, that if you had to start a franchise today, that would take Buddy Nix over either Parcells or Pioli. Not one. And if you would, well, you would be the Bills of that league.

Yeah, those guys have their names. What matters ultimately, is results. The Dols made the playoffs last year NOT because of their drafting, but because Brady got injured and Pennington fell into their laps. Remove either and they don't make the playoffs, and they didn't make them this year, when expectations were higher. As for KC, the Chefs don't look like they'll be competing anytime soon, and trading-for Cassel, and giving him a huge extension, looks like a huge mistake.

If you watch the press conference closely, you'll notice that GM Nix almost forgot to introduce the new head coach. He started to introduce someone to his right, looked over to catch a comment, then said something to the effect that he had better intro the new coach.

At best, the Bills will be a "C list" team until such time as Ralph relinquishes control of the team.

Listen, you can hate the choice all you want, that's your right.

You can't tell me Nix is not one of the top talent evaluators in the league. Take

a look at what he did with the Chargers, and the past draft was one of the best

we've had in a long time. Yep, go ahead and talk about Maybin. Until the man

either retires or is traded from this team, you can't call him a bust.

No other NFL teams wanted Nix. He's 70 years old and he just got his first GM job. I know what you're thinking, Ralph is that much smarter than everybody else.

So by your Maybin logic, Mccargo isn't a bust? You are Ralph Wilson's dream fan. :thumbsup:

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

The guy has been ridiculed worse than Matt Millen. Give him a break until August at least.

It's funny Buddy Nix has done everything that people wanted him to do. Get rid of John Guy, get a experienced HQ, get rid of the Strength and Conditioning coach.

So now they look to his age and press conferences to find fault. Some people will never be happy.

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

Thanks for posting John Guy, you are still fired.

There isn't a team in the NFL or a fan on this forum, that if you had to start a franchise today, that would take Buddy Nix over either Parcells or Pioli. Not one. And if you would, well, you would be the Bills of that league.

Parcells is a proven success multiple times.

Pioli needs to prove he can do it without Belichick. he got fleeced by belichick already on the matt cassel deal.

I'm not usually one to jump to conclusions based on a first impressions. I will say this though, after only 10 posts you've convinced me that you're as a douche bag.

Buddy Nix is the GM of an NFL team, you're some tool on a message board. Game, set & match to Nix.

I like him. He seems down to earth, honest and isn't afraid to speak his mind. His personality reminds me of Polian.

The NFL is full of too many stuffed shirts these days who like to give canned PC answers. They may be "progressive" but there are also boring and phony. Nix is refreshing.

I have no idea how well he'll draft but right now, I am a fan of the man.