STL BILLS MOCK 1.0

Stl Bills

Would love to see it but here is my thinking:

Bradford....Shanny gets him

Cody.....Gone in the 1st round

Blount.....Had some issues.....Prolly not a guy we draft.

1. I'd take Clausen then if he's available.

2. You could very well be right.

3. I'm not against taking a chance on a guy with his kind of talent with a day 2 pick. Risk/Reward pick.

1. SAM BRADFORD QB OKLAHOMA

2. TERRENCE CODY NT ALABAMA

3. CIRON BLACK OT LSU

4. ERICK NORWOOD OLB SC

5. LEGARRETTE BLOUNT RB Oregon

6. BRANDON LANG DE TROY

7. TONY WASHINGTON OT Ablilene Christian

Only of course if we move to the 3-4 :flirt:

1-Hate him

2-IF we go to 34, but I think a 34 teamwill take him in R1

3-He is a RT, no.

4-He will go before 3 imo to a 34 team

5-Hell no

6-DE need some, isn't he a 34 OLB though?

7-Need a OT

1. I'd take Clausen then if he's available.

2. You could very well be right.

3. I'm not against taking a chance on a guy with his kind of talent with a day 2 pick. Risk/Reward pick.

Can you give me one solid reason for preferring Clausen over any other QB in the draft? I have to say, whatever his supporters around here see in him escapes me.

3. CIRON BLACK OT LSU

4. ERICK NORWOOD OLB SC

6. BRANDON LANG DE TROY

Only of course if we move to the 3-4 :thumbsup:

:worthy: I like it. But if Bradfords' gone, the Bills still need to take their best QB on their board at #9! Also, I would not mind if they used the second round choice at OT, instead of third round.

Why do people think there is no franchise QB in the draft, but there is somehow going to be a franchise LT available at #9?

Because there is no franchise QB in the draft worthy of the round 1 pick.

As for LT, Campbell from Maryland will be there late 1st early 2nd rd. I would trade up to this position while maintaining the 41st pick overall, hard to do. Also, #9 pick should with out a doubt go to McClain, have to grab the talent while its there, if its there.

Lefevour with the 41st, Grab your franchise QB next draft.

But if Bradfords' gone, the Bills still need to take their best QB on their board at #9!

Be too much of a reach. Take Lefevre or Pike in rnd 1, and leave McClain?

Also, #9 pick should with out a doubt go to McClain, have to grab the talent while its there, if its there.

Amen

Would love to see it but here is my thinking:

Bradford....Shanny gets him

Cody.....Gone in the 1st round

Blount.....Had some issues.....Prolly not a guy we draft.

issues? --as long as he robs less than $20 from people at a time its a step up

No QB first round. Simply amazing. So who would you bring in or try to trade for at QB for the Bills next season? What used up veteran or unproven 4th round back up would you like to see QB the Chan Gailey-led Bills??

Let me ask you a question, and to all of the rest of you who think the Bills would be wasting their #9 or at the very least "reaching too far" with their #9 by taking Bradford, Clausen, Tebow or McCoy:

If the Bills draft the big OT or DT at #9, and by the time their second round pick all four of those QB's are already off the board (and they will be in my humble opinion), so the Bills ignore the QB position and have a good draft filling other holes,.......what will you think WHEN all four of those QB's end up starting in their rookie seasons, (and I predict they all will be, in my humble opinion, in this QB starved NFL)???!!!

Flame me, call me nuts. But there simply are not enough good QB's in the NFL today. Bradford, Clausen, Tebow and McCoy will all have excellent chances to start sometime as rookies, and the Bills would be crazy not to snag one of those guys with the number 9 pick in the draft this year. I could be wrong, Tebow might still be hanging around into the 3rd round like some of the "experts" are saying, but I just don't buy it! These "experts" say that Tim Tebow is not a first or even second round pick, and this is to come into today's NFL, where you have QB's starting for 70% of the teams that cannot throw more TD's then Int's??? Tebow will get drafted in the first or second round, or the entire NFL scouting system is whacked.

Not sure how effective a QB is on his back.. like the last 10 years..

2009 - 46 sacks

2008 - 38 sacks

2007 - 26 sacks

2006 - 47 sacks

2005 - 44 sacks

2004 - 38 sacks

2003 - 51 sacks

2002 - 54 sacks

2001 - 46 sacks

2000 - 59 sacks

Let me ask you a question, and to all of the rest of you who think the Bills would be wasting their #9 or at the very least "reaching too far" with their #9 by taking Bradford, Clausen, Tebow or McCoy

you dont think taking Tebow or McCoy with the 9th pick overall is a reach?

:thumbsup:

Why do people think there is no franchise QB in the draft, but there is somehow going to be a franchise LT available at #9?

couldn't agree with you more.

it makes me sick to listen to all these people pushing for a god damn LT.

if bradford or clausen is there at 9, they better take em.

all the bills fans need to listen to jim kelly on this matter.

3. CIRON BLACK OT LSU

4. ERICK NORWOOD OLB SC

6. BRANDON LANG DE TROY

Only of course if we move to the 3-4 :thumbsup:

2 ways I would go with the draft

The dream draft if a guy like Clausen falls to pick 9

1- Clausen (Franchise QB)

1b.- (Package the 2nd and 3rd round picks to get back into the 1st around pick 26) Bruce Campbell/best LT available.

Rounds 4-7 draft for depth.

The more realistic draft

1- Anthony Davis or best LT available.

2- Best D-Lineman available

3- best Front 7 player available

4-7 Draft depth.

I think Free agency will address the OLB situation and the DT situation so the draft will address the offense. LT and QB are the hardest positions to get with pick 9 we need to take 1 of those.

Because there is no franchise QB in the draft worthy of the round 1 pick.

As for LT, Campbell from Maryland will be there late 1st early 2nd rd. I would trade up to this position while maintaining the 41st pick overall, hard to do. Also, #9 pick should with out a doubt go to McClain, have to grab the talent while its there, if its there.

Why would you advocate spending a 2nd round pick this year on a QB if you plan to spend another

high draft pick on a QB next year? As a stop-gap starter a rookie is a very poor idea. I'd rather

watch Fitzgerald, Edwards and Brohm fight it out than a rookie start -UNLESS the Bills are very

sure that the rookie is their long-term answer.