Jim Bates.. DC?

buffalo1983

so far everything buddy says has come true, and he said he wanted to get bigger on d . Bates like small quick linebackers and quick ends . The one plus is he does like big tackles. The problems we don't have big tackles we might as well go 3/4 if we are going to have to make major roster changes

so far everything buddy says has come true, and he said he wanted to get bigger on d . Bates like small quick linebackers and quick ends . The one plus is he does like big tackles. The problems we don't have big tackles we might as well go 3/4 if we are going to have to make major roster changes

Stroud is a big boy and if you add Cody then you got your big tackles. Maybin is a small quick DE so who knows.

Stroud is a big boy and if you add Cody then you got your big tackles. Maybin is a small quick DE so who knows.

cody would get it done, dam we have a lot of holes , ab, left tackle , de tackle ,linebacker

Yeah great DC but I want the 3-4 here

Me too! But unfortunately, I don't think they really care....if they did they would have gone by most people's prospective coach list:

1. Bill Cowher

2. Mike Shananhan

3. Marty Shottenheimer

4. Brian Billick

5-997

998. Chan Galley

Oh well....nothing like undersized players like Maybin and tweeners! I heard one interviewer describe Galley as a player's coach by the way!!!! Sound familiar? Go Bills! :wallbash:

This info from Wikipedia (yeah, I know...) sounds encouraging:

"In early January 2007, Bates was signed on by the Denver Broncos to replace Larry Coyer as the defensive coordinator. However, Defensive Backs coach Bob Slowik was promoted to the defensive coordinator position (nominal), and Bates was named "Assistant Head Coach/Defense." In the 2007 season, the Broncos defense went from 9th ranked in the league in scoring in 2006 to 29th in 2007 as of week 13. On January 8th, 2008 Bates announced he was leaving the Denver Broncos.

On January 22nd, 2009 he was announced as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Coordinator, working with new head coach Raheem Morris. After a 1–9 start into the season, Bates was relieved of his duties by Morris on November 24, 2009."

This info from Wikipedia (yeah, I know...) sounds encouraging:

"In early January 2007, Bates was signed on by the Denver Broncos to replace Larry Coyer as the defensive coordinator. However, Defensive Backs coach Bob Slowik was promoted to the defensive coordinator position (nominal), and Bates was named "Assistant Head Coach/Defense." In the 2007 season, the Broncos defense went from 9th ranked in the league in scoring in 2006 to 29th in 2007 as of week 13. On January 8th, 2008 Bates announced he was leaving the Denver Broncos.

On January 22nd, 2009 he was announced as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Coordinator, working with new head coach Raheem Morris. After a 1–9 start into the season, Bates was relieved of his duties by Morris on November 24, 2009."

He sounds like a perfect Bills hire......

*sigh*

2000 Miami Dolphins Defense: 3rd in pts allowed, 6th in yards allowed

2001 Miami Dolphins Defense: 11th in pts allowed, 5th in yards allowed

2002 Miami Dolphins Defense: 4th in pts allowed, 3rd in yards allowed

2003 Miami Dolphins Defense: 3rd in pts allowed, 10th in yards allowed.

But I'm sure he still sucks. I mean, I'm sure Shanahan didn't micromanage him and he had SO much talent last year in Tampa Bay to work with...I'll let everyone get back to hating on one of the most accomplished d-coordinators available.

*sigh*

But I'm sure he still sucks. I mean, I'm sure Shanahan didn't micromanage him and he had SO much talent last year in Tampa Bay to work with...I'll let everyone get back to hating on one of the most accomplished d-coordinators available.

What has been doing for the last 6 years and why can't he hold a job? I guess that he must just be unlucky like Jauron was...

*sigh*

another possiblity is that team might have figured out what he was doing