INTERESTING Dan Reeves Comment...

Bash_Gash

Dan Reeves liking Buffalo option

In this WIVB article the possibility of Dan Reeves reaching out to Chan Gailey is a very intriguing option.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills...s-coach-search

The Bills wound up with Gailey, who's

got extensive experience in the NFL. He

started in the NFL in Denver in 1985 under Dan Reeves, who grew up in Gailey's hometown of Americus, Georgia and coached him in little league baseball.

News 4 Sports spoke with Dan Reeves Wednesday, and asked for his opinion on Chan Gailey.

"Chan's gonna be sound. He's fundamentally sound, he's gonna do things that make them able to compete week in and week out. He's gonna be very well prepared. But I think also Chan is also on the cutting edge. He's gonna be one of those innovative guys who come up with things."

Reeves, who coached in four Super Bowls and played in two others, has not coached since he was fired by the Atlanta Falcons after the 2003 season. But he would not rule out coming to Buffalo to work on Gailey's staff.

"He hasn't reached out to me," Reeves said, "but I coached him in Little League and he might give me a chance. He might come back and try to see if I could help him out."

We asked if Reeves would be open to working with Gailey in Buffalo.

"I tell you, if I could help Chan Gailey out, I would certainly be interested in that."

A sad, desperate attempt by Reeves to get back into coaching. I always liked this guy. It's a shame that he has to publicly beg for a job.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A sad, desperate attempt by Reeves to get back into coaching. I always liked this guy. It's a shame that he has to publicly beg for a job.

Not sure if any of you recall or care for that matter, but Dan was tapped to work for the Cowpokes last season as a consultant to Wade and Garrett. Actually he worked for 1 day in Dallas, however after talking to Jerry Jones on the expectations and the commitment of 12 hr days to the team during the season (as a consultant), Dan decided to move on.

What's my point? I don't think Dan Reeves has any desire to get back into coaching and the commitment it takes however I believe he would welcome a consulting position with the right team.

What's my point? I don't think Dan Reeves has any desire to get back into coaching and the commitment it takes however I believe he would welcome a consulting position with the right team.

I believe he was with the Broncos when they traded for Elway. Just some food for thought. Not sure how the rest of his personnel decisions played out

IMO this could be one of those truly exciting moments for the Bills if they can work out the details. It would have to be a Gailey/Reeves hand in hand partnership with both of them on the same page, same methods, etc.

The only real possible downside that I can see is that Reeves has been out of the coaching ranks for 6 long years! Not entirely out of the loop as I understand it, but still........