Tebow Commercial Airing During Super Bowl

I really don't give a **** what Tim Tebow believes. It he wants to tattoo scripture on his genitals and !@#$ goats that's his business. If he wants to go on TV or the internet and scream his views to the heavens that's his prerogative.

What I do believe is this:

1. If you're going to espouse your views to the world you damn well better be prepared to deal with the blowback and repercussions. For every person that agrees with Tebow there are likely to be 2-3 that don't. He's about to learn that this isn't Gainesville anymore, he's playing on the national stage.

2. I'm not the most religious person in the world but I find it insulting when players thank God for their performance or a win. How shallow do you have to be to believe that your God actually gives a **** about your sporting event?

Now time for my blasphemous comment: Why don't any of the religious pundits ever buy airtime to call out God when he kills 200,000 people in Haiti? Seems to me that if you're going to praise him for his mercy, you should call him out when he acts like a douche bag.

Oh you're so ignorant. You don't thank him for one thing, and call him out on another. You thank him for both.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah your right, Christians should learn how to be charitable. They never seem to get involved in helping people like the other religions, and certainly not like the nonreligious.

It is the "born again" Baptists that are so full of themselves, at least Catholics are tolerable...which way do you roll? :)

your views are very easy to discern without any explanation... You are consistently anti-religion, intolerant, & hateful. Not too hard to figure out, so spare us the feigned offense

Fair air time, I'd say.

For the record, you have no idea what "my views" are.

your views are very easy to discern without any explanation... You are consistently anti-religion, intolerant, & hateful. Not too hard to figure out, so spare us the feigned offense

Why don't you explain your buddy's comment highlighted above ^^^

You are entiteled to your views. Now its my turn. Church is of men. Christ has to be in your heart or going to church is a meaningless exercise. Once Christ is in your heart you want to go to church to become more like him and support and grow with your brothers and sisters in Christ.

All that aside, I prefer to trade for Mr Vick and draft all O and D linemen.

Have you heard the good news? Jesus loves dog torturers.

Personally I do not even understand the purpose of having an anti-choice commercial. Does anyone honestly believe that an advert featuring a amateur football player will change minds about such a personal decision? It's a pointless exercise in rabble rousing. It's an ad that will annoy as much as anything. I actually think its selfish to politicize the Super Bowl through such an act. It's arguably the one day of the year we are able to escape the incessant left v. right bickering.

Between his sucking up the Senior Bowl and this? Sounds like Tebow is a bortion.

And on the topic at hand I think it's inappropriate. The money for this commercial could have been used to actually directly help people in an actual, physical way. Yeah yeah the message helps all, blah blah blah... the message doesn't feed and cloth the family of a man or woman who got laid off from the factory floor in Detroit.

This board isn't big enough to list all the ways money could be spent better or more "appropriately"

It is the "born again" Baptists that are so full of themselves, at least Catholics are tolerable...which way do you roll? :)

Catholics are tolerable of whom? Like the Protestants in Northern Ireland? Tolerant of what? Abortion, contraception?

First Amendment rights allow him to speak ... just like my First Amendment rights allow me to say I don't want a pro-life, Bible-thumping, Christian conservative, born-again as my quarterback, tight end, full back or whatever he turns out to be. Sorry, I think the guys that put forth an opinion on that topic are way off base ... when you can carry a baby to term, buddy, then you can have an opinion.

And just for the right-wingers out there ... I am not pro-choice ... I am not pro anything ... if I haven't or can't experience it, what the hell good is my opinion anyways.

Catholics are tolerable of whom? Like the Protestants in Northern Ireland? Tolerant of what? Abortion, contraception?

:) I meant that I can tolerate them, not that they are more tolerant. :lol:

Baptists may not be the worst kind of Christian, but they sure are annoying as ****!

But you bring up a great point about why organized religion is horrible....

Welcome to the light brother! Not all of us are knuckle-draggers. In my opinion, this is a sports site so none of this crap belongs here anyways.

I gotta admit... I'm really surprised you're all not Jesus freaks on this board. I don't know why, but I've been reading posts for a couple years now (I don't post a lot) and I just was always under the impression most people on here are Jesus freaks and George Bush worshipers because, well, I don't know hahaha I just did.

I like not feeling alone, thanks guys :)

And on the topic at hand I think it's inappropriate. The money for this commercial could have been used to actually directly help people in an actual, physical way. Yeah yeah the message helps all, blah blah blah... the message doesn't feed and cloth the family of a man or woman who got laid off from the factory floor in Detroit.

:) I meant that I can tolerate them, not that they are more tolerant. :lol:

Baptists may not be the worst kind of Christian, but they sure are annoying as ****!

But you bring up a great point about why organized religion is horrible....

It is that "mass" appeal. Or maybe safety in numbers. or even... well you get the idea. But yes you difinitely have to watch out for large groups controlled by zealots

He has the right to do what he's doing. And I have the right to turn the channel. And I will.

I hope we don't take him as QB, because his idiocy will annoy the piss out of me.

Funny how so called Pro Choice people have an issue over a commercial about someone who CHOSE to give birth. Or is Pro Choice really about something else? Idiots.

Exactly. He's free to do what he wants, but if I were his agent I would strongly advise him to avoid controversey at all costs, especially before he's even been drafted. Beyond his football skills, part of what a team evaluates in a pick is how the player will fit in with the organization and the community as well as how much merchadising they can do with him (i.e. - will his jersey sell like hotcackes). Until you sign an NFL contract, shut up and do as little as possible to rock the boat - it can only cost you money....

perhaps he cares more about his faith than his money

I don't subscribe to any of the man made dissections of Christianity. I am a Christian.

It's actually not that hard to believe that someone could believe in something unseen if you try to look at it this way.

I have so many faults, for instance; Sometimes my wife and I will argue about something that i'm absolutely sure i'm right about, to later find out I was wrong, but I was so sure I would have bet my life on it. I forget phone numbers and names. I get distracted by little things and do stupid things like turn down the wrong street. I know these sound like silly examples, but man when you start thinking about all the little things you do wrong how can you trust your own thoughts as being absolutely correct about the after life or if there is one?

So you and I have polar opposite views. There is no way either one of us can prove to the other one we are right. But one of us is.

It is my choice that I'm unqualified to make this decision with my own intellect.

I then had a couple of spiritual things happen to me that proved God to be real, to me. I can't prove that to you. The only thing is that I can tell you is it happened. I grew up going to church with my parents, as a young adult I turned away from it, but wasn't sure what I believed. I asked God to reveal himself, not even knowing if I believed in him, but if he wanted me to he would have to prove it. Because I needed something more than just believing what my parents told me.

And he showed himself to me. I know that sounds nuts. But I can tell you I'm a normal person. Just as skeptical as the next guy. But what happened to me is undeniable, I'm not saying it was some audible voice, or had a near death experience. But all the sudden Christianity started making perfect sense through different things. It's a lot simpler and at the same time more intricate than it appears to someone on the outside of it.

Precisely.

Wow! Sorry, I can't get on board with the thought that these folks should gives "thanks" for what happened to them....I think you may be borderline sick. Is your name "Pat" by chance?

Wow! Sorry, I can't get on board with the thought that these folks should gives "thanks" for what happened to them....I think you may be borderline sick. Is your name "Pat" by chance?

It's a difficult concept to swallow, just because It sounds completely backwards. But God always makes sense of his ways, which are usually foreign to the way we think.

Haiti is a corrupt nation. If God blessed them the same as he does the United States which is by in large a Christian nation, then God would be a liar.

We have given them millions upon millions of dollars and their Government stops the money from getting to the people. The sooner that nation turns to God the sooner they will be blessed. The start of it is admitting what you've done, thanking God for his justice that you deserved, and then he will bless you.

He literally can't bless a nation just by default because he's God. He has to punish, to not be a total contradiction.

No different than if I did the right thing and my brother did the wrong thing, and my Dad gave both of us our allowance and treated us both exactly the same. What the heck, I came home on time, I did my homework, I mowed the lawn. He goes and does what he wants and gets caught stealing and there's no consequence?

It's a difficult concept to swallow, just because It sounds completely backwards. But God always makes sense of his ways, which are usually foreign to the way we think.

Haiti is a corrupt nation. If God blessed them the same as he does the United States which is by in large a Christian nation, then God would be a liar.

We have given them millions upon millions of dollars and their Government stops the money from getting to the people. The sooner that nation turns to God the sooner they will be blessed. The start of it is admitting what you've done, thanking God for his justice that you deserved, and then he will bless you.

He literally can't bless a nation just by default because he's God. He has to punish, to not be a total contradiction.

No different than if I did the right thing and my brother did the wrong thing, and my Dad gave both of us our allowance and treated us both exactly the same. What the heck, I came home on time, I did my homework, I mowed the lawn. He goes and does what he wants and gets caught stealing and there's no consequence?

Oh crap. Stupid Nation's back.

wow. and to think some people hate Americans.......

Say, did I ever tell you how I found out that Chan Gailey is going to get Donovan McNabb to QB The Bills this year. Yeah, it's right there in Revelations.

Say, did I ever tell you how I found out that Chan Gailey is going to get Donovan McNabb to QB The Bills this year. Yeah, it's right there in Revelations.

Wait until we completely turn our back on Israel, you'll wish you read Revelations my friend. It's going to be interesting to see how people like you react, I guess you'll deny to the death. I hope you don't.

So, just so I get this right: Your God (on purpose, with menace) starves children?

Which church do you go to?

wow. and to think some people hate Americans.......

America is hanging on by a thread. Our currency is diminished. Our politics and ideals are so diverse know that you can literally see the country dividing. Our enemies are smarter than we think, uniting, and their hate for has always been real but now its capable.

The strange thing is they hate us for what we were. A Christian nation with ideals that came from a basic belief that all we do is under God. If they only knew that our Christian beliefs are faltering and we are getting more and more vulnerable everyday because of our willingness to give away these ideals that once united us.

There have always been people that didn't believe in God in this country, but never so vocal about it. A total eclipse has occurred. It used to be if you didn't believe in God you did it quietly and didn't go spreading your view around. Now it's the Christians that have to be quiet, a guy like Tebow gets crushed for his views (most importantly being expressed).

So I know what all of you who protest me want. You want me to be like you used to have to be. Believe in God but do it quetly, in my own home, under my own roof, don't tell you about my views, and don't ever say you have to be like me. Well I don't care what you think of me. I'm right, at the very least I'm right for me. I could definitely be wrong, but so could you. Forgive me for being what my country, family, and now me was founded on.

You must notice this countries eclipse? Even as non Christians don't you at least find it interesting that this is happening? And that it's possible there is a correlation between the change in our Christian beliefs and our stance in the world, our current divisive nature, our slipping position in Israel, and the audacity of our enemies?

So, just so I get this right: Your God (on purpose, with menace) starves children?

Which church do you go to?

Don't put words in mouth because your ignorant. I'm saying he allows these things to happen. It's simple, my father punished me when I did wrong things, he rewarded me when I did the right thing. If he rewarded me when I did either, how would I be able decipher a difference? The way I knew what the difference was, until I got old enough to understand was how he reacted to my actions. Now as a father, I understand. My five year old doesn't know what the heck is going on, but I'm teaching him based on how I reward and discipline him.

The only reason you know a sunny day vs a rainy day, is it rains. If it was always sunny, you wouldn't know what rain is. Hello!!!

God works the same exact way. He cannot bless America and Haiti exactly the same. We are (or were) a Christian nation, god blessed us, Haiti isn't they aren't as blessed. But we as American's keep coming to their relief which is our job in the world. But the only reason we know to do this is our Christian base.

Ever wonder why France doesn't immediately rise up and give to Haiti? It's because they don't have the same Christian principles. Now I know the U.S. is changing, but we still act like we know we are supposed to at times. That's why its further proof that we are the most like God than any other nation. Even though we are slowly getting away from our Christian beliefs, its still there. The world will be less of a better place, when the U.S. completely shuts Christians out, and most certainly when they turn on Israel.

You must notice this countries eclipse? Even as non Christians don't you at least find it interesting that this is happening? And that it's possible there is a correlation between the change in our Christian beliefs and our stance in the world, our current divisive nature, our slipping position in Israel, and the audacity of our enemies?

Nope, because the vast majority of "Christians" are of the "Do as I say not as I do" mentality just like the piece of crap politicians they follow in a way that certainly calls into question the "worship of false idols."

Now get out there and "love thy neighbor" and "judge not, lest ye be judged."

Nope, because the vast majority of "Christians" are of the "Do as I say not as I do" mentality just like the piece of crap politicians they follow in a way that certainly calls into question the "worship of false idols."

Now get out there and "love thy neighbor" and "judge not, lest ye be judged."

As soon as you said vast majority it's hard to take you serious. Vast meaning a great number or quantity, and majority is a number at least one greater than half. Vast Majority is a tautological phrase with divisive qualities.

The only way you could be correct is if you've met at least the majority (which as I just taught you is at least one more than half), then your argument is false. Sorry, other than that you just give a few anti Christian talking points.

I'm in search of truth, not just hateful rhetoric.

You think you're clever, but your boring. Condemning me for not doing something you don't believe in.

I really don't give a **** what Tim Tebow believes. It he wants to tattoo scripture on his genitals and !@#$ goats that's his business. If he wants to go on TV or the internet and scream his views to the heavens that's his prerogative.

What I do believe is this:

1. If you're going to espouse your views to the world you damn well better be prepared to deal with the blowback and repercussions. For every person that agrees with Tebow there are likely to be 2-3 that don't. He's about to learn that this isn't Gainesville anymore, he's playing on the national stage.

2. I'm not the most religious person in the world but I find it insulting when players thank God for their performance or a win. How shallow do you have to be to believe that your God actually gives a **** about your sporting event?

Now time for my blasphemous comment: Why don't any of the religious pundits ever buy airtime to call out God when he kills 200,000 people in Haiti? Seems to me that if you're going to praise him for his mercy, you should call him out when he acts like a douche bag.

Agree with everything in your post besides this. Why the hell do you feel insulted when players thank God after a game? Why does that bother you? Most of the time, the thanking God stuff has to do with staying healthy through the game in the first place. Even if they are referring to their performance though, I don't get why this would be so bothersome to anyone. I could really care less one way or the other about much of this topic, but stuff like that certainly isn't insulting :censored: ... I think that's just being a bit overly sensitive.

As soon as you said vast majority it's hard to take you serious. Vast meaning a great number or quantity, and majority is a number at least one greater than half. Vast Majority is a tautological phrase with divisive qualities.

The only way you could be correct is if you've met at least the majority (which as I just taught you is at least one more than half), then your argument is false. Sorry, other than that you just give a few anti Christian talking points.

You think you're clever, but your boring. Condemning me for not doing something you don't believe in.

ladies and gentlemen we have a winner for smackdown of the year!

The amount of big words you use doesn't make your point salient. No one has to meet "a majority" to understand that a significant portion of "Christians" or any other religion for that matter, are full of crap. The evidence shows itself every single day. They don't live their lives in a manner that's even close to what is espoused and they certainly don't hold the organizations they belong to accountable. Your post here is a perfect example. Yeah, you're persecuted.

But you go ahead and pretend the outside world is persecuting you, while ignoring the reality that organized "anything" means corruption/graft on a grand scale. There would be NOTHING worse than giving ANY organized religion the kind of power "Christians" think they deserve.

Bull.

You think you're clever, but your boring.

I think your (sic) a regurgitating mouth breather who doesn't know when to properly use a conjunction.

Condemning me for not doing something you don't believe in.

I'd ask you to explain what that means but I'm afraid your head would explode.

The amount of big words you use doesn't make your point salient. No one has to meet "a majority" to understand that a significant portion of "Christians" or any other religion for that matter, are full of crap. The evidence shows itself every single day. They don't live their lives in a manner that's even close to what is espoused and they certainly don't hold the organizations they belong to accountable. Your post here is a perfect example. Yeah, you're persecuted.

But you go ahead and pretend the outside world is persecuting you, while ignoring the reality that organized "anything" means corruption/graft on a grand scale. There would be NOTHING worse than giving ANY organized religion the kind of power "Christians" think they deserve.

Bull.

I think your (sic) a regurgitating mouth breather who doesn't know when to properly use a conjunction.

I'd ask you to explain what that means but I'm afraid your head would explode.

There you go again using phrases like "significant portion". You really should let someone more qualified proof read your posts. You keep making statements about Christians and other religious people as if they are fact. I would respect you more if you would at least say its your opinion. An opinion is a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. Because you can't prove your argument. You can't just say "they don't live their lives in a manner, blah blah blah" That's not a fact, it's your opinion. So I'm at least more in search of truth than you are.

You seem like a person angry at religious people. But at least do yourself justice, by having an argument that serves you better.

I want to make a small point. In a sentence above you said "I think your (sic) a regurgitating mouth breather who doesn't know when to properly use a conjunction." Your not even smart enough to know your use of your is incorrect, it should have been you're. So how can you expect me to believe such a flawed individual as yourself as an expert on religious people and how they are throughout the world, when you self admitted you haven't even met the majority?

T "I think your (sic) a regurgitating mouth breather who doesn't know when to properly use a conjunction." Your not even smart enough to know your use of your is incorrect, it should have been you're. So how can you expect me to believe such a flawed individual as yourself as an expert on religious people and how they are throughout the world, when you self admitted you haven't even met the majority?

Don't get the use of the term sic do you? Technically both AD and myself misused it, but you don't even know what it means. God, why am I defending AD? He surely doesn't need the help.

As to the anti Christians, complete losers IMO. When atheism becomes your religion, you are what you despise. I personally have major issues with organized religion, but consider myself saved by Christ. He might beg to differ.

Don't get the use of the term sic do you? Technically both AD and myself misused it, but you don't even know what it means. God, why am I defending AD? He surely doesn't need the help.

As to the anti Christians, complete losers IMO. When atheism becomes your religion, you are what you despise. I personally have major issues with organized religion, but consider myself saved by Christ. He might beg to differ.

I do know what it means, evidenced by the way he used it, he surely doesn't. Oh, and he most definitely needs your help.

I do know what it means, evidenced by the way he used it, he surely doesn't. Oh, and he most definitely needs your help.

"It may also be used to highlight a perceived error, sometimes for the purpose of ridicule"

Try and figure out which of us knows WTF we're talking about.

Well, I hope he changes because as a QB right now, he is pretty terrible. To win in the NFL you (at least) have to be able to take snaps from under center. Perhaps, he should concentrate on that skill before worrying about a situation that he will never be able to experience - namely, childbirth. At this point, he'll be lucky to be taken by the 5th round.

I hope that the Bills draft him and he spreads the Gospel all over upstate NY. From the posts on this board it sounds like you need it. I would be proud to have him as a QB and leader of the Bills. I guarantee he will never change, he is first a warrior for Jesus.

There you go again using phrases like "significant portion". You really should let someone more qualified proof read your posts. You keep making statements about Christians and other religious people as if they are fact. I would respect you more if you would at least say its your opinion.

Why would I care what your perception of the difference is?

An opinion is a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. Because you can't prove your argument. You can't just say "they don't live their lives in a manner, blah blah blah" That's not a fact, it's your opinion. So I'm at least more in search of truth than you are.

If you were in search of the truth, you'd be able to recognize it when it smacks you upside your block head.

You seem like a person angry at religious people. But at least do yourself justice, by having an argument that serves you better.

I'm not at all angry "at" anyone. I simply have the ability to recognize the hypocrisy of organized religion and the resulting ridiculous persecution complex that people like you hide behind like some badge of honor. Quick, give some more of your money, I'm sure there's some edifice that needs to be constructed.

I want to make a small point. In a sentence above you said "I think your (sic) a regurgitating mouth breather who doesn't know when to properly use a conjunction." Your not even smart enough to know your use of your is incorrect, it should have been you're. So how can you expect me to believe such a flawed individual as yourself as an expert on religious people and how they are throughout the world, when you self admitted you haven't even met the majority?

I took a poll.