Bipolar Bills Fans-Truly Amazing

DDD

It's amazing to me how bipolar some bills fans can be. People demanded a "football guy" to replace Russ Brandon as GM. Nix, a "football guy," assumes that role. People then complain they should have looked outside the organization, he's too old. Now they say he was instrumental in building the Chargers and like the hire. A few weeks ago people complained about Leslie Frazier. No experience, a Jauron-like personality, get a guy who has proven himself in the league. Now people are pissed Frazier wasn't hired. We lost him, he would have been a good hire. Gailey gets hired and people are upset. Fired in Dallas, couldn't win a bowl game at GT. Now they like the hire because he's an offensive guy. I'm no psychiatrist but I guess there is first anger and denial followed by self-rationalization and acceptance. Whatever the case the complaining and defending is enough enough to make a man loco. :w00t::w00t:

It's amazing to me how bipolar some bills fans can be. People demanded a "football guy" to replace Russ Brandon as GM. Nix, a "football guy," assumes that role. People then complain they should have looked outside the organization, he's too old. Now they say he was instrumental in building the Chargers and like the hire. A few weeks ago people complained about Leslie Frazier. No experience, a Jauron-like personality, get a guy who has proven himself in the league. Now people are pissed Frazier wasn't hired. We lost him, he would have been a good hire. Gailey gets hired and people are upset. Fired in Dallas, couldn't win a bowl game at GT. Now they like the hire because he's an offensive guy. I'm no psychiatrist but I guess there is first anger and denial followed by self-rationalization and acceptance. Whatever the case the complaining and defending is enough enough to make a man loco. :w00t::w00t:

The 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

Many went from stage 2, immediately to stage 5. Me? I'll remain in stage 4, until Gailey gives me a reason to feel different about the team that I love..

this board is psycho..but thats half the fun

The 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

Many went from stage 2, immediately to stage 5. Me? I'll remain in stage 4, until Gailey gives me a reason to feel different about the team that I love..

I think I'm still at #2, but there is nothing you can do if you're a fan except #5. I wish they would've hired someone else, but atleast they didn't hire Mike Martz. :w00t:

Well it's sort of looking at it like this in terms of free agent DT's

Wilfork is the Cowher of DT's

Ryan Pickett is the Frazier of DT's

Tim Anderson is the Gailey of DT's

Everyone wants Wilfork because he on top of everyones' list. We wouldn't necessarily be happy with Pickett, because we want Wilfork the most. But then the Bills go out of no where and get Tim Anderson. No we're pissed because we not only missed out on Wilfork, but we missed out on Pickett too. If we would have know this was the case, we would be very happy with Pickett.

The 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

You forgot Stage 6 - Unbridled Enthusiasm.

Myself, I've transcended from denial, disbelief, and anger to acceptance. Unbridled enthusiasm will have to wait until we see what the draft and free agency bring - or until Chan announces that his OC is...

Mike Leach

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :w00t:

Myself, I've transcended from denial, disbelief, and anger to acceptance. Unbridled enthusiasm will have to wait until we see what the draft and free agency bring - or until Chan announces that his OC is...

Mike Leach

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

i could see that combo--and leach taking over after chan is run out of town

The 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

i was in 3 for awhile, thought at the presser, Nix would introduce 'offensive coordinator Cahn Gailey, followed by head coach Bill Cowher!

As a former prosecutor, and Bills fan, I've been considering the phenomenon you reference a lot and I believe it is more like battered wife syndrome. The husband (Ralph) comes home and wails on his wife (us) we call the cops tell our friends we're leaving that bastard, and say we want him dead. But a day later we're at his side begging for him to stay (in Buffalo) and saying maybe this time it will be better and we should give him another chance.

It's amazing to me how bipolar some bills fans can be. People demanded a "football guy" to replace Russ Brandon as GM. Nix, a "football guy," assumes that role. People then complain they should have looked outside the organization, he's too old. Now they say he was instrumental in building the Chargers and like the hire. A few weeks ago people complained about Leslie Frazier. No experience, a Jauron-like personality, get a guy who has proven himself in the league. Now people are pissed Frazier wasn't hired. We lost him, he would have been a good hire. Gailey gets hired and people are upset. Fired in Dallas, couldn't win a bowl game at GT. Now they like the hire because he's an offensive guy. I'm no psychiatrist but I guess there is first anger and denial followed by self-rationalization and acceptance. Whatever the case the complaining and defending is enough enough to make a man loco. :devil::devil:

Bills fans are very active. By that I mean on talk shows on both the local and national levels, and especially by email and internet. So companies like ESPN get a lot of response when they do Bills stories. Massive response makes them do more, whether the stories are legitimate or not. So any rumor started by anyone is going to get coverage.

Mike Leach

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :devil:

I actually dont completly hate that idea. The two could work together.

As a former prosecutor, and Bills fan, I've been considering the phenomenon you reference a lot and I believe it is more like battered wife syndrome. The husband (Ralph) comes home and wails on his wife (us) we call the cops tell our friends we're leaving that bastard, and say we want him dead. But a day later we're at his side begging for him to stay (in Buffalo) and saying maybe this time it will be better and we should give him another chance.

Interesting analogy.

Dirtbag liberals breed this sort of mindset via the term 'political correctness', stipping away the gumption & prerogatives of America. People don't know what to think any more- unless their told.

Well, not me of course.

Not being equipped with a set of balls and an opinion will lead you to the pinball machine.

It's amazing to me how bipolar some bills fans can be. People demanded a "football guy" to replace Russ Brandon as GM. Nix, a "football guy," assumes that role. People then complain they should have looked outside the organization, he's too old. Now they say he was instrumental in building the Chargers and like the hire. A few weeks ago people complained about Leslie Frazier. No experience, a Jauron-like personality, get a guy who has proven himself in the league. Now people are pissed Frazier wasn't hired. We lost him, he would have been a good hire. Gailey gets hired and people are upset. Fired in Dallas, couldn't win a bowl game at GT. Now they like the hire because he's an offensive guy. I'm no psychiatrist but I guess there is first anger and denial followed by self-rationalization and acceptance. Whatever the case the complaining and defending is enough enough to make a man loco. :devil::devil:

Its mostly becuase it comes down to names they havent heard of getting the jobs that the heard the media mention names that we should have gotten so their reaction is let down and thus dislike the hires.

I am rational and understand what our team does. The rid us of DJ that was the first step. They got a football guy in Nix though not a polished speaker by any means he seems like hes going to tell it like it is and football is all he knows which is good Brandon is better suited for Buisness side of it anyway and i disagree with the masses he should be fired. Why? He has us sold out every game with a below average team thats a good buisness man.

I did not want an upcoming coordinator and if we were to go that rout I would have preferred Fewell over the rest. Though the draem names came out in shannahan/gruden/cower/billick one might think this team would get a big name coach to come in here. The excitemnt was high when you set the excitiemnt that high anthing else is a comlete let down. The reality is we were never going toget a big name those who know this team knows it would not happen. The bring in CHan gailey. Who? a guy noone has really heard of who comes with a pretty impressive resume that actually fits our teams need and our wish to go back to a 3-4 defense.

Now with Guy being fired people should be happy about that. Blowing up a whole organization is not the way to improve a team quickly. A big name coach is not going to improve this team quickly. Though many may disagree with me thats fine but until I am proven wrong ON THE FIELD this season my instincts tell me that this team is going to be better maybe not playoff bound but at minimum 8-8 its noit winning its not losing and once i get a handle on the draft/Free agents and who the startiing qb is i will have a better projection. I have been righ on my projections +/- 1 each season and was one the few who didnt first buy into the 4-0 start .

Stop making sense!

Spot on!