1 on 1 with Chan Gailey

gball77

If you go to the Buffalo Bills website they have a 1 on 1 with Chan Gailey interview segment. Call me crazy but he won me over! I am excited to see what he can do. I don't fall in love with names, I'm sure a lot of Redskins fans will tell you how well the big names have done for them. I think this guy with Nix is gonna turn this team around. I really believe Nix is in control of personel decisions now and feel comfortable with a real football making the calls and not Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron.

Off the point, I have a feeling they are going to draft Tebow. Nix keeps alluding to wanting a college player who has proven that he can do it year after year, Gailey ran a spread offense and was a former Florida QB and most importantly the Bills need to make a move that will excite the fanbase for season ticket sales and no better way than drafting a franchise QB. Not saying I want him but it sure seems plausible.

If you go to the Buffalo Bills website they have a 1 on 1 with Chan Gailey interview segment. Call me crazy but he won me over! I am excited to see what he can do. I don't fall in love with names, I'm sure a lot of Redskins fans will tell you how well the big names have done for them. I think this guy with Nix is gonna turn this team around. I really believe Nix is in control of personel decisions now and feel comfortable with a real football making the calls and not Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron.

Off the point, I have a feeling they are going to draft Tebow. Nix keeps alluding to wanting a college player who has proven that he can do it year after year, Gailey ran a spread offense and was a former Florida QB and most importantly the Bills need to make a move that will excite the fanbase for season ticket sales and no better way than drafting a franchise QB. Not saying I want him but it sure seems plausible.

Tebow & the spread are good for the Bills. I actually like Nix , he sure doesn't look or act 70 y/o . He is a good football man -That is what we need especially during the draft. No more Maybin type one year wonder picks that for sure....

Tebow & the spread are good for the Bills. I actually like Nix , he sure doesn't look or act 70 y/o . He is a good football man -That is what we need especially during the draft. No more Maybin type one year wonder picks that for sure....

I agree about Nix, I keep hearing people reference his age and that he is a first time GM. Weak argument, Andrew Fillipony(sp? who cares he will be working the drive-thru soon) kept bringing up his age. He does not sound old and feeble, he sounds like a guy who knows football. Reminds me a lot of John Butler minus the weird nose thing.

What do you mean doesn't act 70 years old? My mother (70 years old) will run circles around anyone!!! I dear anyone to keep up!

Off topic: OK, I had to get that out. Sorry, but people think life ends at 65, and that pisses me off. We should be celebrating the seniors.

after the PC and his interview on S&R earlier i must say im looking forward to this coming season.

and im still not too big on the tebow idea... he is impressive at times, but im not too sure he would be right, or if he would even want to play here

i guess time will tell

Good stuff.

I really like his no nonsense style along with Buddy's. Both of these guys seem like old school football guys... nothing flashy, just football.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He seems like a straightforward guy who knows football. I'm a little disappointed he's not going with the wishbone though :w00t:

Please. There shall be no more talk of the spread offense until we have an OLine that can run it. We have a good enough interior three in Levitre, Hangartner, and Wood but the spread is most vulnerable at the edges.

How's our edge protection lately?

GO BILLS!!!

Please. There shall be no more talk of the spread offense until we have an OLine that can run it. We have a good enough interior three in Levitre, Hangartner, and Wood but the spread is most vulnerable at the edges.

GO BILLS!!!

Great point. Do you think that tips their hand a bit for this upcoming draft?

Well, he certainly seems like a far more engaging guy than Jauron ever did. I think maybe the toughest hurdle for him to overcome initially is to win over the players. To the veterans on the team, such as Schobel, Kelsey, Evans, etc, this move has to smack of business as usual around the Ralph. I would imagine that those guys, as much as any fan, were excited to play for a Cowher or Schottenheimer.

GO BILLS!!!

yes... but it sounds like gailey is planning to try whatever offence he thinks will work with what he has... and it seems like it has worked for him in the past, bringing up horrible offences to at least mediocre status and mediocre offences to decent levels...

so the spread is just one part in his massive bag of tricks

Presents himself well. Seems to really know football. Only 4 games over 500 as an NFL coach, though. Hope he has a similar boost as Levy's here. Let's face it, even if Lombardi were able to take this team, it will be a while until things turn around. Let's hope it's fun to watch again.

Great point. Do you think that tips their hand a bit for this upcoming draft?

Hard to say. I believe CG when he says you gotta fit the scheme to your personnel so my guess is they won't draft for need but will go BPA. Which is OK since they have so many holes that even if the DO go best player available they are BOUND to get a player to contribute immediately. That said, if Clausen or Bradford are there I can't see them passing on either of them.

GO BILLS!!!

for anyone in Rochester who didn't watch 13 WHAM news tonight...

Mike Catalana put a montage of Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick, and Chan's pressers together from when they were hired. Hilarious! They all said almost word for word the same things. Don't drink the kool-aid just yet folks

I like that he wants to build an offense around the players. One of my critea for hiring a coach was just that. If a guy came in and said I'm gonna run the West Coast offense and need certain kinds of players to do that, than I wanted Buddy to show him the door. I also like that at least at Pitt he was a trick play guy. A lot of people turn their noses up at trick plays, but when executed well, they often result in big plays. And what's the matter with that?

CG's not the guy I wanted, but with some good players and assistants coming in, I could see this working.

When I first heard Chan was going to be our next coach, my stomach felt acidic and I wanted to hurl. I thought: here we go again, another retread who can't get a job anywhere else. However, I did like his interview and was really impressed with his record.

He might work out. Cowterd and Reeves think he is good fit, for what that's worth. I liked the interview a lot. It was refreshing to hear a guy say what he is going to do, and not put an emphasis on when he will hire, or who he will take, only that he wants the best. A bit refreshing there.

Hope he dumps the 4-3 and goes back to the 3-4, but as he said, that is his DC's job. Hope he finds a good coaches to support him. No Turk or DJ anymore.

Go Bills