My Farewell to the Buffalo Bills

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

On the other hand, there's some upside to this Chan Gailey signing...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ever post on this or any board, I just read. I am finally ready to add my two pennies.... I have been a fan for some time, I'm sure not nearly as long as others but I remember as youngster when we were in the superbowl years collecting the full page images from the newspaper of different players and posting all of them around my house the day of the big game, and I sat there , waiting for the game to start, most of the time without the rest of my family really providing any support. Every year being just as upset as the rest of you but still coming back time and time again, because I cared about this team. I will always care about this team, there is no other team that could possibly step in and make me feel the same way. For the select few of you who are determined to give up and move on and B word and complain about leaving and being let down, and not caring anymore, I say you were never fans. Of course it hurts.... it fing blows.... but I don't own this team or ever plan on having the money to own won, as I'm sure most of you don't. While I think there have been a lot of mistakes made over the years as far as leadership decisions go, without our owner, and the supporters of this team, i would have to watch sports like baseball and basketball which don't come close to matching the excitement and joy of watching my team, the bills, even take the field. So walk away, take your season tickets and run, but remember what the feeling, good or bad, that this team brings into your life. At least its an emotion.

I don't ever post on this or any board, I just read. I am finally ready to add my two pennies.... I have been a fan for some time, I'm sure not nearly as long as others but I remember as youngster when we were in the superbowl years collecting the full page images from the newspaper of different players and posting all of them around my house the day of the big game, and I sat there , waiting for the game to start, most of the time without the rest of my family really providing any support. Every year being just as upset as the rest of you but still coming back time and time again, because I cared about this team. I will always care about this team, there is no other team that could possibly step in and make me feel the same way. For the select few of you who are determined to give up and move on and B word and complain about leaving and being let down, and not caring anymore, I say you were never fans. Of course it hurts.... it fing blows.... but I don't own this team or ever plan on having the money to own won, as I'm sure most of you don't. While I think there have been a lot of mistakes made over the years as far as leadership decisions go, without our owner, and the supporters of this team, i would have to watch sports like baseball and basketball which don't come close to matching the excitement and joy of watching my team, the bills, even take the field. So walk away, take your season tickets and run, but remember what the feeling, good or bad, that this team brings into your life. At least its an emotion.

You should post more often.

Welcome to the board!!

Feel free to take an open spot from any one of these losers who are bailing.

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Please tell me your kidding.... do people know the meaning of fan? win or lose i love my bills.....

It's sad the type of losers that post and a person with a quality post like yours doesn't. :blink:

P.S. Try and use more paragraphs. It makes it a little easier to read. But otherwise, a very good post.

It's sad the type of losers that post and a person with a quality post like yours doesn't. :blink:

P.S. Try and use more paragraphs. It makes it a little easier to read. But otherwise, a very good post.

If I hadn't been drinking all night I would have pressed the return button more more often... but thanks....

I do want to say one more thing, for year and years this team and organization has provided me with many feelings both good and bad... but what have i given back besides buying some tickets. This is a business and Im sure we all know that but can we really be that upset with ralph for maybe making decisions we might not have made. We judge other sports "experts" all the time, and we come up with our own opinions on actions taken by this team, but I don't know whats going on behind the scenes, does anyone? No matter what happens we have to give this team the benefit of the doubt until we don't want to any more. than get the f out..... peace

If I hadn't been drinking all night I would have pressed the return button more more often... but thanks....

I do want to say one more thing, for year and years this team and organization has provided me with many feelings both good and bad... but what have i given back besides buying some tickets. This is a business and Im sure we all know that but can we really be that upset with ralph for maybe making decisions we might not have made. We judge other sports "experts" all the time, and we come up with our own opinions on actions taken by this team, but I don't know whats going on behind the scenes, does anyone? No matter what happens we have to give this team the benefit of the doubt until we don't want to any more. than get the f out..... peace

You can love something and still B word about it. Ever been married?

even my own posts are a mess please ignore the spelling... I think you all get my point... if you don't like it move on, Of course we deserve a winning team but to ask for the death of our owner or to hope that frazier beats us every time we play him is just obnoxious. How could you not want the best for your team and the people who keep them your team

You can love something and still B word about it. Ever been married?

yes please B word... you don't know the joy i get out of that... but don't tell me or anyone else that you are giving up on a team when you are wasting your time posting on one of their message boards. get me?

Good stuff. I played the game through college and liek to think I know it a little bit. I'll admit I'm a bit of a homer when it comes to the Bills. But I grew up loving this team and it's one of the few ways my hometown gets national recognition. The last decade has sucked but I still have a ton of great memories goign to games. We are one of 32 cities in the world that gets to have a NFL team. It is special.

All we have is hope. no one can forsee the future. I hate miserable whiney people and refuse to associate with them. I won't spent my free time coming here to female dog. I never got people who do. But everyone is free to do what they want. i just think it's funny that some people think others actually care if they quit. Just leave and stop beign an attention whore about this.

I just wish that we coudl keep this quitting posts in one place to bump them if (god willingly) the Bills ever become again. Because the good doesn't feel as good without the bad. There would be no better feeling that to see the Bilsl in the playoffs again knowing I stuck through them think and thin. In my opinion, that's what being a fan is all about.

As it pertains to the OP, bitching about your spouse and divorcing your spouse are two different things.

True that. I hate this move to hire Gailey. Absolutely hate it. Especially after the last few months with Ralph leading us on to get our hopes up. However, I can never stop being a fan of this team, I will continue to watch every game and hope for the best, but I won't be buying tickets or apparel until we are a contender.

Good stuff. I played the game through college and liek to think I know it a little bit. I'll admit I'm a bit of a homer when it comes to the Bills. But I grew up loving this team and it's one of the few ways my hometown gets national recognition. The last decade has sucked but I still have a ton of great memories goign to games. We are one of 32 cities in the world that gets to have a NFL team. It is special.

All we have is hope. no one can forsee the future. I hate miserable whiney people and refuse to associate with them. I won't spent my free time coming here to female dog. I never got people who do. But everyone is free to do what they want. i just think it's funny that some people think others actually care if they quit. Just leave and stop beign an attention whore about this.

I just wish that we coudl keep this quitting posts in one place to bump them if (god willingly) the Bills ever become again. Because the good doesn't feel as good without the bad. There would be no better feeling that to see the Bilsl in the playoffs again knowing I stuck through them think and thin. In my opinion, that's what being a fan is all about.

Awesome post dude. You've got a great perspective on things you are 100% spot on IMO.

guess not last or least post, I feel the same way. This team owes none of us anything. I get it we have provided money and supported a team. I hope to god that they become successful so I can stop being the laughing stock of oh so many offices and employment locations for sticking by them. But who are we really loosing when these douches say no more? I understand marketing and when you build a brand or name that appeals and provokes support, you develop a strong brand name, but this is football. And this is buffalo what else do we have but the fing awesome sabres

good, glad to know we will see no more posts from you :censored:

Don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha!! Adios bandwagon jumper. :censored:

If Gailey turns out to be an excellent HC I'll laugh hysterically at these people. Look for the bandwagon to fill up if that happens. :blink:

Don't worry peeps... We've seen it before. They will be jumping over the fences back into Rich!

I am more worried about them not jumping fence going out the first time rather than coming back. We have heard more and more of this and it i always the same unless they get banned - they come back, sometimes with a new user name.

wouldn't it be easier (and result in less clutter) to put all of the LAMP "Dear John" posts in one thread?

I think a separate board would be more appropriate with them restricted to that board until released again. This way they each can have a thread and they can echo each others quiting until end of Bills football.