These two guys talking up Gailey. Meh wtf do they know?

DarthICE

Here is the story in its entirety:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...15-8198af616df7

Interesting endorsements:

“He’s very passionate and he’s an unbelievable competitor,” Cowher said. “He’ll leave no stone unturned. He will not accept mediocrity. Being around him I always thought I was a competitive guy, but he might be more competitive than I am. He’s a very driven coach and very thorough and a great fit for the organization.”

And though he successfully took Dallas to the playoffs in his two seasons as Cowboys head coach in 1998 and 1999, Reeves believes the second time around as a head coach in the league could lend itself to having greater success.

“He’s done it on the pro level and the college level so he’s been there, and I think you’re a lot better now then you were when you had your first opportunity,” said Reeves. “I can remember Jerry Jones when I was out there last year said one of the things where he felt he had made a mistake was letting Chan go. I think Chan did a good job there and was headed in the right direction, and it just didn’t work out. I think he’ll be a better head coach now because he’s had that experience.”

"He's done it on the pro level and the college level so he's been there, and I think you're a lot better now then you were when you had your first opportunity," said Reeves. "I can remember Jerry Jones when I was out there last year said one of the things where he felt he had made a mistake was letting Chan go. I think Chan did a good job there and was headed in the right direction, and it just didn't work out. I think he'll be a better head coach now because he's had that experience."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

However, he never defeated Tech's biggest rival, the University of Georgia, never won the ACC, never went to a BCS bowl, never won more than 9 games, and never finished in the top 25. The 2006 season was his most successful at Georgia Tech winning the ACC Coastal Division, but losing his last 3 games to rival UGA, Wake Forest in the ACC championship game and West Virginia in the Gator Bowl.

Conclusion: propaganda by the FO

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=263360059

Georgia Tech (9-4) had a chance to tie the game or take the lead, but punted when coach Chan Gailey opted not to go for it on fourth-and-13 from his 18 yard-line.

Georgia Tech (9-4) had a chance to tie the game or take the lead, but punted when coach Chan Gailey opted not to go for it on fourth-and-13 from his 18 yard-line.

It was one of several questionable calls for Gailey, who went for it on fourth-and-1 from Wake's 13-yard line in the third quarter. Ball failed to pick up the first down on a quarterback sneak.

Gailey also ordered a field goal early in the fourth quarter instead of attempting a fourth-and-1 play on Wake's 17 with the game tied at 3. Tech also called a reverse in the first quarter on third-and-1. The play resulted in a 9-yard loss.

"Obviously, it's my responsibility to get this football team ready to play and we didn't do well enough today to win the game," Gailey said.

Conclusion: OC version of Jauron hired as HC

However, he never defeated Tech's biggest rival, the University of Georgia, never won the ACC, never went to a BCS bowl, never won more than 9 games, and never finished in the top 25. The 2006 season was his most successful at Georgia Tech winning the ACC Coastal Division, but losing his last 3 games to rival UGA, Wake Forest in the ACC championship game and West Virginia in the Gator Bowl.

It was one of several questionable calls for Gailey, who went for it on fourth-and-1 from Wake's 13-yard line in the third quarter. Ball failed to pick up the first down on a quarterback sneak.

Gailey also ordered a field goal early in the fourth quarter instead of attempting a fourth-and-1 play on Wake's 17 with the game tied at 3. Tech also called a reverse in the first quarter on third-and-1. The play resulted in a 9-yard loss.

"Obviously, it's my responsibility to get this football team ready to play and we didn't do well enough today to win the game," Gailey said.

college football is all about recruiting

Woody Paige from around the Horn Much??

Seriously, I am not ecstatic about the hire, but this guy is not Dick Jauron.

college football is all about recruiting

And your point is with him being there for 6 years when that article was published?

Go through my post history, if anything Woody stole that quote of mine. Then again the connection is pretty easy to make... Also Around the Horn doesn't get here untill tomorrow (ESPN America, i'm european, so i havent been able to even see around the horn had i wanted to).

And your point is with him being there for 6 years when that article was published?

Go through my post history, if anything Woody stole that quote of mine. Then again the connection is pretty easy to make... Also Around the Horn doesn't get here untill tomorrow (ESPN America, i'm european, so i havent been able to even see around the horn had i wanted to).

It very well may not be broadcast until tomorrow, but I have read a similar quote on this website and ESPN several times already. If he stole that from you I say kudos for creativity. I still find it to be an in accurate statement, however.

Jauron has had 1 winning record in the NFL. Chan Gailey conversely has seen success (sometimes moderate) everywhere he has been.

Going against the grain on this one. I think the Bills got exactly the coach they were looking for. A teacher, player developer, adaptable, knowledgeable in all facets of the game football coach. In addition CG has experience and success at just about every level. Has he been a super star? NO! But has his teams been on the winning side more than the losing side? Yes!. Can he do more with less? Yes... these are things he has shown a knack for doing.

At some point the Bills have to stop throwing the baby out with the bath water, and get to work on the dirt. In this case, I believe they have done just that.

We complain about Modrak and Guy. Those guys can only bring the talent information to the decision makers, it is (was) the GM who, in most cases who make the call on bringing in a player. I think DJ had too much say so in the personnel department, as evidenced by some of the poor draft decisions. Nix is a football man, just what the Dr. ordered. Gailey is a football coach..great.

Do I have butterflies about next season?.. Please don't make me puke. BUT... at least I can feel better knowing that the personnel people will better be able to demonstrate their abilities in evaluating the talent as needed by the team. Nix will play an integral part in SELECTING the personnel who will actually appear at OBD, and Gailey will play the best people he has. Even if he has to change his game management and philosophy to match the talent he has to work with. I say this is far better than trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. (running the K-gun with a slow, weak OL)

I'll be interested to see how CG can mold the mess he has signed on to coach, into a competitive winning football team.

April's draft will say ALOT about the talent evaluators and decision makers, as well as the direction this team is headed long before camp and the preseason. Hey this is the hand we are dealt... let's play it out!!!

You seem uncharacteristically upbeat today Ice :ph34r:

Imagine how terrible things would have been for Ice if they hired a competent coach. The Bills would improve, make the playoffs, become a respectable team. What could he :thumbsup: about then? I'm guessing he's happy because he knows he gets 3 more years of telling us all how bad the team is, how cheap Ralph is; etc.

It very well may not be broadcast until tomorrow, but I have read a similar quote on this website and ESPN several times already. If he stole that from you I say kudos for creativity. I still find it to be an in accurate statement, however.

Here's the original thread; I then vented my anger on the shout! box: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1722346 It's not in my post history must have been in the Shout! Box then. I'll take the kudos but the link I made was between their winning records as NFL HC (both just 1) hence the Jauron reference.

Jauron has had 1 winning record in the NFL. Chan Gailey conversely has seen success (sometimes moderate) everywhere he has been.

Errr and Gailey has more then 1 winning season as a HC in the NFL? By my count he has 1.

So how did he do after Dallas:

2 years as OC with the Fins (good years), however the Fins jumped from #20 offense to #11 the year after he was fired/gone soooo doesnt speak in his favor.

6 years of being just avarage in college with Georgia:

Gailey compiled 6 winning seasons in 6 years at the helm. However, he never defeated Tech's biggest rival, the University of Georgia, never won the ACC, never went to a BCS bowl, never won more than 9 games, and never finished in the top 25. The 2006 season was his most successful at Georgia Tech winning the ACC Coastal Division, but losing his last 3 games to rival UGA, Wake Forest in the ACC championship game and West Virginia in the Gator Bowl.

After a 7-5 2007 regular season and losing for the sixth straight year to the Georgia Bulldogs football team, it was announced on November 26, 2007 that Gailey had been dismissed and his $1 million/year contract bought out.

Then one (2) year with the Chiefs:

Gailey was hired on January 16, 2008 to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs posting a 2-14 record. He was fired after three pre-season games in 2009 by head coach Todd Haley.

Bottomline, nothing to get excited about, Dallas was good when he was there but then again he had great talent onboard.

In the end I hope I'm wrong and he'll certainly will have a great drive to proof he's the guy, but on paper this has Jauron written all over it, except for maybe the personell decicsions (I do have faith in the Gailey/Nix combo) going into the draft.

Why do you think www.buffalobills.com has these titles for their articles:

Cowher, Reeves call Gailey right fit

Experienced Gailey named Bills 15th head coach

Other teams coveted Gailey in ‘09

Nix addresses inaccurate reports

Wannstedt on Gailey

Reason: they are trying to sell him to the fans, all titles reek of panic and trying to build credibility.

Or how about this Georgia Tech fan's opninion:

"I loved Chan, but we are so much better off with Paul Johnson."

source:

Seriously, I am not ecstatic about the hire, but this guy is not Dick Jauron.

You're right. Dick Jauron was a coach of the year winner in Chicago and according to C.Biscuit the second coming of Bill Belichick. Buffalo musta brought Jauron down.