[please fix subject]Tim Graham thinks Gailey flamed out 10 years ago..

Guess Matt didn't waste time with the fact checking on this article. I stopped reading after this part...

No one really likes to say this in polite company, but quarterback Tony Romo clashed with Gailey and wanted him gone.

Romo was an undrafted free agent in the class of 2003 -- 4 seasons AFTER Gailey left the Cowboys. Another great peice of ESPN journalism.

The fail of saying Tim Graham wrote this is almost as bad a the actual writer, Matt Mosley saying it was Tony Romo that got Chan Gailey fired in Dallas.

The following emoticon does not slap hard enough to express my frustration with this thread (or the blog it links to) :lol:

Guess Matt didn't waste time with the fact checking on this article. I stopped reading after this part...

Romo was an undrafted free agent in the class of 2003 -- 4 seasons AFTER Gailey left the Cowboys. Another great peice of ESPN journalism.

That's probably why no one says it in polite company cause they don't want to be politely told that they're a moronic tool bag.

I know Tim didn't write this, but ... I have to say the more the national media (and even the local media) harps on this hire, the more I'm going to forget my very disappointed feelings about the hire and close ranks with my fellow Buffalo Bill fans around Chan Gailey.

As they say, they may be the stumblin, bumblin Buffalo Bills, but they are our stumblin, bumblin Buffalo Bills and no whiney Mosely, Clayton, or fat guy with a funny grey streak in his hair can take that away from us.

He must have meant an aging Troy Aikman got him fired, who was steps away from retirement. I doubt that Aikman had that much pull at the end of his career. That article, or blog post or whatever, seemed all over the place. If the author wanted to make "Chan Gailey flamed out" the main point, he should have mentioned the quotes about Jerry Jones regretting firing him after 2 seasons.

I dunno. Gailey took over a team that was 6-10 and made the playoffs. Let's see if he can settle the o-line and QB positions and sneak in next season.

The Jets did it this year with a rookie HC and QB. It can be done.