Nix mentioned that he received around 15 calls......

sven233

I am sure it will get buried and never be mentioned again, but one of the most interesting comments, I thought, that was made during the PC was when Nix was addressing the Bills HC job in general as to whether people actually wanted it.

He said something along the lines of getting around 15 calls per day the since the job was open (or when they started the interview process) and that these calls were basically begging for an interview. Nix then went on to say that some of the names that called "would blow your mind" and went on to say it was a desirable job. He didn't name any name, but I sure would like to know who these calls were.

Maybe it was just to save face, but to make a comment like that got my attention. I wish there was a way to find out, but we never will.

Names that would "Blow your mind".................

It's all BS. He also said "we get the best qualified guy." Does anyone believe that one?

Talk about spin and delusions, Gaily refered to Nix and himself as the top two football guys, as evidence that they are on the same page and that brings about success. Sorry, Chan, you are not one of the top 2 decision makers and Nix doesn't have ruling power. (See Shottenheimer article.) Ralph pulls the strings and you are a (Wade Phillips style) Dick Jauron clone in waiting, but don't know it yet. :lol:

some of those daily calls were pizza places confirming delivery orders to 1 bills drive. apparently thereve been a lot pranks over the years

I just flashed on the image of Belichick calling Nix every day to ask "Is your refrigerator running...?" :lol:

I am sure it will get buried and never be mentioned again, but one of the most interesting comments, I thought, that was made during the PC was when Nix was addressing the Bills HC job in general as to whether people actually wanted it.

He said something along the lines of getting around 15 calls per day the since the job was open (or when they started the interview process) and that these calls were basically begging for an interview. Nix then went on to say that some of the names that called "would blow your mind" and went on to say it was a desirable job. He didn't name any name, but I sure would like to know who these calls were.

Maybe it was just to save face, but to make a comment like that got my attention. I wish there was a way to find out, but we never will.

Names that would "Blow your mind".................

Martz and Billick were probably on the list...Schottenheimer too if we are to believe what Graham wrote...maybe thats what he meant...it would blow our mind how Wilson refused to hire Schottenheimer...

It's all BS. He also said "we get the best qualified guy." Does anyone believe that one?

Talk about spin and delusions, Gaily refered to Nix and himself as the top two football guys, as evidence that they are on the same page and that brings about success. Sorry, Chan, you are not one of the top 2 decision makers and Nix doesn't have ruling power. (See Shottenheimer article.) Ralph pulls the strings and you are a (Wade Phillips style) Dick Jauron clone in waiting, but don't know it yet. :thumbsup:

I thought he sort of stumbled and stepped in it there. He was saying something about the "top two guys" and then backtracked with a "well, on the football side" sort of qualifier. In other words, they aren't the top two guys and the football side is subordinate to the real powers of the organization.

I'm sure that Nix is not lying about this. Whether these names would "blow your mind" is subjective, especially since we do not know who these names are.

Remember some posting have very small minds and it would take the a pop gun to blow their minds. Some of the same ones claiming for Marty Schottenheimer hated the idea when it was brought up before since he was unsuccessful in playoffs. Some bitches just want to B word which makes Bills perfect anti-fan team.

If you visited the Pats* boards when Belichick was hired as head coach (yes they had boards back then) you would have seen lots of comments on how he was a great DC but unsuited to be head coach. Little did they know his research into AV aides.