WGR-Bulldog

gball77

He is lucky that WGR does not have the same standard in hiring that he has for the Bills organization. Between the terrible mikes that couldn't pick up the questions at the presser and Bulldog struggling with the English language, it makes me yearn for an alternative.

I just can't stand the attitude if it's not a "big name" my heads going to explode.

On a side note, it drives me nuts when guys like Jerry Sullivan (who has been writing like he is semi-retired for the last two years), Mike Schopp and Bulldog complain about how horrible it is to cover the Bills, when the majority of us fans give up our recreational time to watch and follow the team. Nothing worse than busting your ass all day at a real 9-5 job and hearing guys complain about how horrible it is too have to talk or write about the Bills.

He is lucky that WGR does not have the same standard in hiring that he has for the Bills organization. Between the terrible mikes that couldn't pick up the questions at the presser and Bulldog struggling with the English language, it makes me yearn for an alternative.

I just can't stand the attitude if it's not a "big name" my heads going to explode.

On a side note, it drives me nuts when guys like Jerry Sullivan (who has been writing like he is semi-retired for the last two years), Mike Schopp and Bulldog complain about how horrible it is to cover the Bills, when the majority of us fans give up our recreational time to watch and follow the team. Nothing worse than busting your ass all day at a real 9-5 job and hearing guys complain about how horrible it is too have to talk or write about the Bills.

I agree with your last point. Most of us here would give up our (insert Here) to follow and talk about the Bills and get paid to do so. Instead we sit here fake working on excel spreadsheet to get the info from them.

If they dont like covering the Bills, fine dont do it. But dont comlain about it to all of us

Schoop/Bulldog blamed the Bills for the bad mike. They also complained that their was no table with a Bills helmet on it at the press conference. I watched the show on channel 2 and the sound was fine.

+1. Drives me nuts also when these guys gripe about covering the Bills. Covering or working for the Bills would be a dream job for most of us.

+1. Drives me nuts also when these guys gripe about covering the Bills. Covering or working for the Bills would be a dream job for most of us.

Yes, and thats all Sullivan does is sh*t on the Bills. He never has anything good to say, ever.

yeah they come off as very arrogant and bored at their job hence the diversions into "Actor draft"

the station won a marconi award so don't anticipate any program changes

yeah they come off as very arrogant and bored at their job hence the diversions into "Actress drafts"

the station won a marconi award so don't anticipate any program changes

I've worked in broadcasting most of my life and those awards are based on the package you send to the judges. A 5 to 10 minute montage of funny clips plus a notebook with pictures of live remotes or community fundraisers. A good package can win a bad station an award.

PTR

I've worked in broadcasting most of my life and those awards are based on the package you send to the judges. A 5 to 10 minute montage of funny clips plus a notebook with pictures of live remotes or community fundraisers. A good package can win a bad station an award.

PTR

I grew up in CT listening to WFAN. I consider WFAN to have the best on-air talent; Russo and Francesa were the all time best, imo so I couldn't reconcile WGR's win over WFAN. thanks for the insight

Schopp better start paying attention to football, because he is gradually becoming incompetent when it comes to discussing most football details. He completely missed the significance of Buddy Nix's opening line about not wanting to do the coach search. On the other hand, Bulldog is at least in touch with reality because he cares about the Bills.

Schopp often is behind a week on Bills news and has to turn to John Clayton for insight into the team. By his own admission, the guy is bored, disinterested in the job covering the team

That and he is an a#$hole. Bulldog is about 5 minutes away from a stroke. He does the stuttering sports radio guy thing....

Maybe the fact that they are pretty much the only gig in town, and can't get close to the Bills has something to do with it. I am sure his arrogance is forcing him to trash the Bills because he knows that he isn't even a flea on their balls...

Although being a complaining, disgruntled fan is pretty chic these days. The best part is Schopp is a jerk about the team, the fans, and is tongue in cheek with Bulldog half of the time...

That same day we we're supposed to be impressed by Berchtold who greatest claim to fame seemed to be the Bills media room. He said we took the best of all the other teams ideas and implemented them here.

When there is a press conference you don't see a whole buch of micrrophones being jammed up at the podium do you? No becuase braintrust Berchtold figured they could make all the reporters put their recorders and mikes into a box they made that has a speaker in it carrying the sound from their own michrophone at the podium.

So what do you hear whenever we have a press conference? A loud buzz or hum is what I always hear. Good job Scott! :lol: Berchtold is much like John Guy. A self important blowhard.

Funny just the other day I made reference to the horrible sound that comes from the Bills media room. By the way Scott Berchtold is impressed by the cheap set up.