For All Those That Didn't Want Frazier...

PDaDdy

...be careful what you wish for. In the off seasons somehow I find a way to turn terrible news into hope for the future and a positive outcome. I will probably do the same here. I for one was actually in favor of the Leslie Frazier idea. I would rather have had that up and coming guy instead of an old retread. Some of the less than informed found all manner or ways to try to run down Frazier.

Hope you're happy with Gailey!

...be careful what you wish for. In the off seasons somehow I find a way to turn terrible news into hope for the future and a positive outcome. I will probably do the same here. I for one was actually in favor of the Leslie Frazier idea. I would rather have had that up and coming guy instead of an old retread. Some of the less than informed found all manner or ways to try to run down Frazier.

You know, it's only been a few weeks since Nix was hired so how is it everybody seems to have forgotten what he publicly said he was looking for in a HC? Were not two of his criteria that the candidate have head coaching experience AND be offensive minded? Frazier was neither. Which raises the question: did Nix ever really meet with Frazier or is that just more of that "sources report" stuff? And if he did meet with him, was it just pro forma (for the Rooney Rule, to satisfy maybe RW, or some other secondary reason)?

I don't know if Gailey will be the greatest coach in Bills history or fired by week 6. But Jerry Jones says firing him was the biggest mistake he made. And Bill Cowher tried like hell to make him his successor in Pittsburgh.

You know, it's only been a few weeks since Nix was hired so how is it everybody seems to have forgotten what he publicly said he was looking for in a HC? Were not two of his criteria that the candidate have head coaching experience AND be offensive minded? Frazier was neither. Which raises the question: did Nix ever really meet with Frazier or is that just more of that "sources report" stuff? And if he did meet with him, was it just pro forma (for the Rooney Rule, to satisfy maybe RW, or some other secondary reason)?

I don't know if Gailey will be the greatest coach in Bills history or fired by week 6. But Jerry Jones says firing him was the biggest mistake he made. And Bill Cowher tried like hell to make him his successor in Pittsburgh.

All indications are that Nix met with Frazier. But since he had already interviewed Fewell, the Rooney Rule wasn't an issue. And at least it wasn't anything as underhanded as the Seahawks' feeble attempt to interview Frazier. :wallbash:

I saw the comments that Jerry Jones supposedly made about Gailey. I hope Jerry was right. I will find a way to be optimistic as I always do even when I nearly broke a TV when I heard Jauron was going to be our coach 4 years ago. I was pissed as hell, depressed but somehow I talked myself into being positive about the situation. I'll probably do the same and find some good things about Gailey.

Truth be told I would have preferred the new blood of Frazier coming with a 100% recommendation from Tony Dungy. Tony is a class act and wouldn't risk his reputation or integrity backing Frazier simply because he is black. I think Frazier will become a respected, serviceable if not overwhelmingly successful head coach in this league.

Yes, Buddy Nix and Ralph have said they wanted a HC with experience at the NFL level, blah blah blah. I think they were really talking about guys like Cower and Shannahan. We exhausted our first tier options. At that point you reevaluate and you go the route of a washed up has been that was perhaps given a raw deal in Dallas OR you get the #1 up and coming coordinator for HC candidate with the endorsement of Dungy. Right now I think Billick would have been a much better choice over this guy.

Now that we have a dime a dozen offensive minded coach, one of my problems is this...

WHO DO WE GET FOR A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR???

There seem to be a bunch of guys with OC experience out there. With Fewell gone who do we get to run the defense? Seriously.....who?

We never want anyone until we can't hire them. Then they become "the guy." Trust me. If we waited for Frazier and he turned us down, we'd all be screaming how we could have had a solid coach like Chan Gailey but waited too long.

PTR

Ding! Ding! Ding!

+1. Well said. I would've liked a Cowher/Shanahan, but was more than happy to have Leslie Frazier. Chan Gailey is Dick Jauron in many ways, in my mind, and is a major step back for the franchise unless he puts together an all-star coaching staff.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Totally Disagree. At least from my perspective. If Gailey had "turned us down" I would have been laughing at why we offered it to him in the first place. Frazier was a good option if guys like Cowher could not be had. Gailey is desparation - pure and simple.

Ray Handley and Rich Kotite had "experience" too. And frankly I'd rank this hiring right up there. Frazier is going to be a star who could have put together a real staff and given instant credibility to the organization in ability to lure free agents and quality coaches. The only plausible reason he isn't the coach is racism. By the way, I'm not a minority.

Totally Disagree. At least from my perspective. If Gailey had "turned us down" I would have been laughing at why we offered it to him in the first place. Frazier was a good option if guys like Cowher could not be had. Gailey is desparation - pure and simple.

I disagree. I think this is exactly the coach the Bills want. He fits he criteria. He is a guy that won't demand a huge say in personnel and other football decisions. He won't cost alot of money and he'll be a yes man to Ralph and Russ. I like the fact that he wants to run the ball, but I am reserving judgement until I see who makes up his staff.

You know in the long run, I'm happy for Frazier. He deserves a lot more than what the abomination of a franchise called the Bills would have gave him. He'll be a superstar coach ala Dungy with Dungy probably partnering with him somewhere where both their stars will shine brightly. And we'll be wondering of what might have been...

Again...

C