Let the Doom & Gloom reign

The only way a majority of Bills fans were going to be happy with the choice of Head Coach was with Bill Cowher. Even if the Bills hired Marty Schottenheimer, there still would have been complaints about Marty.

Realisticly, what respectable coach would want to come to Buffalo and be the coach for a 91 year old meddling owner? Ralph has almost the same bad reputation as Al Davis. We all know Ralph's biggest mistake was firing Bill Polian. Then he got shell-shocked after Tom Donahoe.

I don't think the choice of Chan Gailey is as horrible as Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams. Obviously, Chan was on anyone's list of possible candidates, but he has had success as a coach/coordinator. Before the doom & gloomers rant and rave about this decision, let's wait and see who is brought in for coordinators, who we pick up via free agency & the draft. I'm willing to give Nix & Gailey a shot to see if they can turn this team around.

The only way a majority of Bills fans were going to be happy with the choice of Head Coach was with Bill Cowher. Even if the Bills hired Marty Schottenheimer, there still would have been complaints about Marty.

Realisticly, what respectable coach would want to come to Buffalo and be the coach for a 91 year old meddling owner? Ralph has almost the same bad reputation as Al Davis. We all know Ralph's biggest mistake was firing Bill Polian. Then he got shell-shocked after Tom Donahoe.

I don't think the choice of Chan Gailey is as horrible as Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams. Obviously, Chan was on anyone's list of possible candidates, but he has had success as a coach/coordinator. Before the doom & gloomers rant and rave about this decision, let's wait and see who is brought in for coordinators, who we pick up via free agency & the draft. I'm willing to give Nix & Gailey a shot to see if they can turn this team around.

Exactly. If someone would have said to me that we were going to hire a HC that has been to the playoffs 11 times, the SB 4 times, has an offensive mind, is a creative play-caller and is known for having one of the best running games in the league I'd ask where to sign up. People don't like that he's not a big name and on top of that people don't like the name Chan Gailey because for some reason they associate it with failing in Dallas. I think people don't know nearly as much about football as they like to pretend they do.

Im upset because they didnt turf the front office. That is what was needed.

If they actually had football-intelligent people making the decisions, I would be more open to the new head coach.

I like Buddy Nix, but I don't like that Modrak & Guy are still around. Guy is expected to be gone when his contract is up (let's hope so).

Im upset because they didnt turf the front office. That is what was needed.

If they actually had football-intelligent people making the decisions, I would be more open to the new head coach.

Completely agree. But ask this, would football-intelligent people been forced into a situation of having to make this choice? Or would potential candidates have viewed the opportunity in a better light?

A strike/lockout in 2010 is looking like the best option for next season.

i don't love this hire but i'm willing to give it a chance. what other choice do we have? I'm heavily on the side that good players are the recipe for winning. most of these NFL coaches will win if given a solid team. I think Buddy is going to be more responsible for turning this around than Chan or any other coach.

i don't love this hire but i'm willing to give it a chance. what other choice do we have? I'm heavily on the side that good players are the recipe for winning. most of these NFL coaches will win if given a solid team. I think Buddy is going to be more responsible for turning this around than Chan or any other coach.

I agree.

Exactly. If someone would have said to me that we were going to hire a HC that has been to the playoffs 11 times, the SB 4 times, has an offensive mind, is a creative play-caller and is known for having one of the best running games in the league I'd ask where to sign up. People don't like that he's not a big name and on top of that people don't like the name Chan Gailey because for some reason they associate it with failing in Dallas. I think people don't know nearly as much about football as they like to pretend they do.

Yeah, but Chan hasn't won anything! He's won nothing! Nothing.

And his name isn't Cowher!

I'm cancelling my season tickets, not buying any merchandise. I'm also going to avert my eyes every time I see a Bills logo!

Nobody liked the choice of Gregg Williams, most wanted Marvin Lewis or John Fox.

Nobody liked the choice of Mike Mularkey, most wanted a proven head coach, not someone no one ever heard of before.

Nobody wanted Dick Jauron (except Marv Levy).

The Bills tried this time to land a big name coach. They interviewed Gruden, Shanahan and Cowher and all turned us down. The next time we would have a real chance of hiring a "big name" coach is when the Bills are owned by someone not named Ralph Wilson.

Yeah, but Chan hasn't won anything! He's won nothing! Nothing.

And his name isn't Cowher!

I'm cancelling my season tickets, not buying any merchandise. I'm also going to avert my eyes every time I see a Bills logo!

So what? I have it on good authority(TSW) that if a coach wins a superbowl with one team then he is immediately disqualified from winning another with another team. You see it's because no coach has ever done it before. So he is the perfect TSW candidate, he meets all requirements.

So what? I have it on good authority(TSW) that if a coach wins a superbowl with one team then he is immediately disqualified from winning another with another team. You see it's because no coach has ever done it before. So he is the perfect TSW candidate, he meets all requirements.

You did forget about the NFL conspiracy that requires the Bills to never win a superbowl...

Nobody liked the choice of Gregg Williams, most wanted Marvin Lewis or John Fox.

Nobody liked the choice of Mike Mularkey, most wanted a proven head coach, not someone no one ever heard of before.

Nobody wanted Dick Jauron (except Marv Levy).

The Bills tried this time to land a big name coach. They interviewed Gruden, Shanahan and Cowher and all turned us down. The next time we would have a real chance of hiring a "big name" coach is when the Bills are owned by someone not named Ralph Wilson.

You're probably right. The sad thing is the only reason the Buffalo Bills exist is because of someone named Ralph Wilson.

When the old man dies, there will be a lot more to fret about than who the head coach is.

Perfectly stated. I'm getting killed on other threads for wanting to give Gailey a chance.

"not as horrible as dick jauron"...now there's a ringing endorsement. I don't see much difference between dj and this guy. However we gave DJ a long look and a chance to change things. This guy had better change things soon, because I ain't seeing any honeymoon in his future.

Yeah come on everyone. We got out 6th choice guy. How can this not be seen as a great thing. In 2 to 3 years we may be over .500. Let the good times roll :wallbash:

You're probably right. The sad thing is the only reason the Buffalo Bills exist is because of someone named Ralph Wilson.

When the old man dies, there will be a lot more to fret about than who the head coach is.

Exactly. I just hope something is already in place that way once Ralph dies. There's been specualtion about that, but we won't know anything about that until Ralph dies.

"not as horrible as dick jauron"...now there's a ringing endorsement. I don't see much difference between dj and this guy. However we gave DJ a long look and a chance to change things. This guy had better change things soon, because I ain't seeing any honeymoon in his future.

I'm not drunk off the "One Bills Drive" kool-aid, I'm just willing to give this guy a shot. The Bills tried every big name, but had no luck. What do you expect when you have no solid QB, tons of holes on a team, plus a meddling 91 year old owner? I don't mean to keep bashing on Ralph, he's done a lot of good for the team, but then again, he's screwed up a bunch of good things on this team as well.