Great opportunity in Buffalo

DDD

There is a tremendous coaching opportunity in Buffalo. It's really a no-lose situation IMO. If the guy can win, he will be viewed as a resounding success and can name his price. If he flops it will be because of a thrifty owner in a small market. Instant built in excuse. He really can't lose either way.

And by the way, forget the guys who turned job the job. I've lost alot of respect for Cowher. I want a guy who's hungry with a chip on his shoulder who welcomes a challenge. Clearly thats not Cowher, Harbaugh, nor Schottenheimer.

There is a tremendous coaching opportunity in Buffalo. It's really a no-lose situation IMO. If the guy can win, he will be viewed as a resounding success and can name his price. If he flops it will be because of a thrifty owner in a small market. Instant built in excuse. He really can't lose either way.

And by the way, forget the guys who turned job the job. I've lost alot of respect for Cowher. I want a guy who's hungry with a chip on his shoulder who welcomes a challenge. Clearly thats not Cowher, Harbaugh, nor Schottenheimer.

I agree with you, as soon as i heard Cowher was waiting to see if anyhting else better opend up i wrote him off, and was against the Cowher for Coach.

I am really liking Leslie Frazier right now, that defense is disgusting.

Who knows maybe Wade gets fired, Frazier as HC, Wade as DC, sounds good to me!!!

As depressing as all the doom and gloom threads can be about how much the Bills suck, or Buffalo sucks, or the Bills and Buffalo both suck, these "no-lose" threads are equally as depressing as it shows Bills fans losing touch with reality in my opinion. If it truly were a no-lose situation, current coordinators would not only be accepting interviews, they would be begging for them. And top tier candidates would be lobbying for the position instead of what we are seeing. These people are not ALL idiots after all.

Id at least like them to have options. Right now its Fraizer or no one. Fraizer was not their first pick either. They have been rejected by Shanahan, Cowher, Harbaugh. Shottenhiemer, and it looks like Grimm may shun them too. Those first three guys were offered the job and rejected it, the latter rejected interviews. I have to believe that Fraizer is not high on the list. I really dont want them hiring Frazier because no one else would take the job - thats embarrassing. Remember guys Fraizer has interviewed with like 8 teams for HC openings and hasnt been hired by them. When there is smoke there is fire.

I have heard reports that Billick has been assembling a staff for a potential comeback to coaching. Well if he is coming back this year then he knows where his only option is. If he is serious about coming back then the Bills should at least interview him. Same with Mike Martz claiming he would take the job. At least get three guys in here that would accept the job, then pick the best guy.

Agree. Bills need to find a guy who WANTS this job. It's a great gig. Will probably be a huge pay raise for whoever takes it. I want a hungry coach is isn't afraid to take this chance. It's definitely a challenge given the ownership situation, but I want a guy in there who is not afraid of that challenge. Cowher wants guaranteed success and that just can't happen -- ANYWHERE.

Id at least like them to have options. Right now its Fraizer or no one. Fraizer was not their first pick either. They have been rejected by Shanahan, Cowher, Harbaugh. Shottenhiemer, and it looks like Grimm may shun them too. Those first three guys were offered the job and rejected it, the latter rejected interviews. I have to believe that Fraizer is not high on the list. I really dont want them hiring Frazier because no one else would take the job - thats embarrassing. Remember guys Fraizer has interviewed with like 8 teams for HC openings and hasnt been hired by them. When there is smoke there is fire.

I have heard reports that Billick has been assembling a staff for a potential comeback to coaching. Well if he is coming back this year then he knows where his only option is. If he is serious about coming back then the Bills should at least interview him. Same with Mike Martz claiming he would take the job. At least get three guys in here that would accept the job, then pick the best guy.

Garrett and Rivera can also now flip Ralph the bird too.

Party On!

B-)

I think Billick would be a great pick. Unfortunately it appears Buddy Nix is not a fan of his however. Which makes me really wonder about Nix's ability to judge talent and work with people despite differences. Which also reminds me of Ralph Wilson. B-)

wade is not coming back to buffalo unless we are under new ownership. period.

Seriously. Ralph temporarily lost every ounce of his professionalism when he handled the Wade Phillips exit. That was terrible.

Frazier gets interviewed because of the Rooney rule. He is a qualified black coordinator so teams know he covers their

a_ _ regarding the interview process. You have to ask yourself; How many interviews for HC would he have had if he were white? Now he still may be a good candidate, frankly I don't know, but I call them like I see them and this makes perfect sense to me.

Frazier gets interviewed because of the Rooney rule. He is a qualified black coordinator so teams know he covers their

a_ _ regarding the interview process. You have to ask yourself; How many interviews for HC would he have had if he were white? Now he still may be a good candidate, frankly I don't know, but I call them like I see them and this makes perfect sense to me.

Wow. What a fantastically retarded post. Congrats moron.

Let's rethink this. Aside from Wade Phillips, no other team will hire Fewell, Jauron, Williams, or Mularkey as their HC. So, any HC coming in here continuing to lose 8 or more games a season has an 80% chance that he won't land another HC gig in the league. So, yeah... there's a lot to lose. When selecting a HC (other than the Bills), teams don't look at a 27-43 WL record, for example, and say, yeah... but he coached the Bills... if it had been the Giants he would have been 43-27.

Really... we've got to get out of this denial stage and admit this team is a total disaster and will remain dormant, at least until ownership changes hands. All the media hammering on the Bills is well deserved and for the most part spot on.

When it comes time to renew your season tix, ask yourself if you'd put up with the same BS from your, plumber, carpenter, mason, mechanic, restaurant, department store, financial advisor,etc.

Watching this kind of garbage for 7 games a year, the ticket prices ought to be cut by 2/3 and throw in free parking and concessions.

No lose situation? Maybe for a loser.

Unfortunately this is kind of the case...Yeah, it's an NFL job, but it is almost sure to land you in the unemployment line, or back at the bottom of the food chain. You will almost never be considered for an HC job again, unless you toil in the coordinator ranks for several years. Wade was an exception, but he was also the benefactor of John Butler as GM, so he didn't completely crash and burn as HC.

Thanks for calling them like you see them. I am grateful I don't see them like you do. I would, personally like to have Frazier as HC. I did not always feel like this, but I was under the influence of Cowher-Mania...I am glad that has worn off.

Just in time for MLK day. He'd be so proud. Personally, I hate the Rooney Rule and I think its fallen flat on its face. But Frazier hasn't gotten every HC interview just because of the rule. I'd say one or two may have been because of it, but not all of them. If he was white, he still would've gotten interviews.