Dallas collapsing

What cracks me up is former Dallas GOD Jimmy Johson LOVED the fact they did it. He said he didn't care if it upset the other team he is there to win and send a message to the next team they are playing. LMAO

Johnson had a reputation for doing this while at "The U."

The same Cowboys that rolled up the score to 52-17 against the Bills in the superbowl...cry me a river.

I am in Houston today and the radio here brought up that game twice and described the Leon Lett taunting celebration prior to the Beebe strip. They were saying, and I paraphrase a bit "The Cowboys are fun, entertaining but their history shows that classy is not a word you can associate with them." Also, he pointed out that on that play the Cowboys were blitzing which means they wanted to get after Favre. So, then Favre calls an audible and throws for a TD.

I happen to agree with them on all points.

Umm...it seems to me the folks who have no problem with what Favre/the Vikes did are basing their opinions on the old "if you don't want me to score, stop me" theory. Well, there's another, equally viable theory out there -- it's called "enough is enough" or "you don't kick a man when he's down." There's also professionalism, integrity -- I could go on.

Scoring a TD when you're already up by 24 points with two minutes to go doesn't "send a message" to your next opponent -- it says you're a jerk. This ain't college football, Jimmy Johnson, where running up the score earns points in the polls.

Anyone who takes issue solely with the 4th down play, though, is missing the point. That was the THIRD pass of the series. The Vikings took the ball at the Dallas 37 with 5:26 to go, knowing Dallas had no more timeouts, and obviously had every intention of trying to score.

Karma's a B word -- and I'll leave it at that.

In the postgame studio, Ex-Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson had no problem with the final Vikings' touchdown. "It was a butt kicking," the former Cowboys coach said. "If you don't want your butt kicked, play better."

link

Mike Leach on running up the score:

"The interesting thing about football is that football is the only sport where you quit playing when you get a lead," said Leach, whose team has scored 70 points twice this year. "In golf, you keep trying to score well when you’re ahead. In basketball, they don’t quit shooting when they’re ahead. In hockey, they don’t quit shooting when they’re ahead. In boxing, you don’t quit punching when you’re ahead. But in football, somehow magically, you’re supposed to quit playing when you’re ahead.

"Well, I don’t subscribe to that. I don’t do it like that. And you know, the truth of the matter is, Nebraska never has either."

- Mike Leach, after beating Nebraska 70-10

In the postgame studio, Ex-Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson had no problem with the final Vikings' touchdown. "It was a butt kicking," the former Cowboys coach said. "If you don't want your butt kicked, play better."

link

"The interesting thing about football is that football is the only sport where you quit playing when you get a lead," said Leach, whose team has scored 70 points twice this year. "In golf, you keep trying to score well when you’re ahead. In basketball, they don’t quit shooting when they’re ahead. In hockey, they don’t quit shooting when they’re ahead. In boxing, you don’t quit punching when you’re ahead. But in football, somehow magically, you’re supposed to quit playing when you’re ahead.

"Well, I don’t subscribe to that. I don’t do it like that. And you know, the truth of the matter is, Nebraska never has either."

Love that quote. :wallbash:

The Bills can't get any number of assistant coaches to come and be there Head Coach - and your laughing about a "collapsing" Dallas team in the playoffs?

ok.

So what does my amusement over the wheels coming off for the Cowboys have to do with the Bills?

Go back to your own board. Any real Bills fan understands

That is a great quote and makes a lot of sense. However, even with the Superbowl losses, it doesn't give me any pleasure that Dallas lost.