Holy Irony!!!!!!!

timbuk3

Just deserts. All the better because the Jets are winning with a strong OL and a swarming defense.

I am kind of anti Jets and anti Colts since they were both division foes for a long time.... but I have to rout for the Colts to beat NY, and NO to win against Brett, and NO to take it all.

In a best case scenario.

But that is why they play the games.

If the Jets beat the Colts I may have to give up watching football for a while.

nothing about your post - but the irony of your avatar combined with the screen name instantly makes me think of -

wait for it -

tiger woods = thick as a brick; bungle in the jungle; etc . . .

It's certainly interesting given the debate about resting starters and the league's piqued interest on the matter.

I have to ultimately side with the Colts. Manning needs to win a couple more Super Bowls so we don't have to hear about Tom Tom anymore.

The Jets look tough. I could see them getting by the Colts. Oddly, I'm alright with it. The Jets are not a team of stars. They are the wedding crashers. They are just getting it done with good solid football. People hate Rex Ryan, but he is a good coach. He has got the kind of enthusiasm I hope the next Bills coach has.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Colts lost to the Jets in the championship, the team that they let into the playoffs because they decided to take the last two weeks off?

Excellent take. I do have a couple of observations though. With Bill Polian running the show I am amazed that the Colts don't have at least a passable (pun intended) back up for Manning. I know Peyton is an iron-man and never misses a start and all of that, but still, he made sure Frank Reich stayed in Buffalo all those years behind Jimbo, I'm surprised he doesn't have anyone better behind Manning. Secondly, it is ironic that the Jets are back to play Indy with the SB on the line. However, I thought the Colts were well within their rights to rest Manning and the other starters after they had home field advantage sewn up. When the Bills did it, I don't remember any fans complaining 15 - 20 years ago when they were the best team in the AFC. As far as the Indy fans bitching about giving up on the perfect season? Well it sure seemed like they "forgave" the Colts, once that game started against the Ravens in the sold out Lucas Oil Stadium Saturday, didn't it?? Yes sir, they packed the house and screamed loud and long for their heros now that the playoffs had started, and they realized just how stupid the Pats were to have lost Wes Welker during a meaningless game, while all of their starters were as healthy as they could have been.