Mort Twitter Regarding Frazier

LABills08

Am I missing something? FRAZIER CAN NOT COMMIT TILL HIS CURRENT JOB IS FINISHED

Am I missing something? Did Mort say that the Bills should crash into the Viking's winning locker room like Rambo and kidnap Frazier? Or did he just say we should quit playing around? Anybody here actually think we HAVEN'T been playing around?

So where does your outrage come from?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Tomlin was in Minnesota ONE year. He didn't build jack in Minnesota. In fact, they've had a regular revolving door at DC: Frazier, Tomlin, Cottrell, O'Leary, and Thomas in the past decade.

I could be wrong, but I think that was his point. Tomlin didn't. Frazier did.

No one has brought this up yet - but is it possible Schefter is right, we have a "hand shake" deal in place with Frazier, and part of the reason we are getting "turned down" is that other coaches know this? is it possible the only reason we are asking to interview guys is to be "thorough" and nothing more then that? I'd be shocked if they try to interview anyone else at this point.

obviously Frazier was their top choice. I questions whether they actually offered it to Harbaugh or not. that seems like quite the stretch and NO one other then Casserly has reported it. I just simply think Frazier is and has been the guy. It makes sense as well in that he didnt want to interview with the Seahawks either...

just my thought.

Doubt it. If we had a handshake deal, why would we have chased Harbaugh? And offered him the deal? Why would we be spending time chasing Grimm?

Um... what are they supposed to do? Frazier can't accept the job right now and what's to stop him from turning the Bills down when he can?

Good point. Although, it doesn't do a lot for the Bills "Frazer is the leader in the clubhouse" story when reports come out that they offered the job to Harbaugh.

I don't think Frazier is ready for career suicide at this point. He will be pursued by teams that are commited to winning. Someone mentioned the Cowboys but I don't think that will ever happen.

Are you kidding me? Frazier would be stupid if he turned down the Bills offer. He isn't a 36 year old wonder kid like Schottenheimer. The guy's in his 50's and needs to strike while the iron is hot. Being that old, he should know all too well that if he stays as a DC another year and the Vikings lose key defensive players to either free agency or injury then his name could easily fall off the radar next year. Frazier's a smart guy and he's not turning down the Bills job if offered.

So was Bill Walsh a bad coach, Marv Levy in the 90's, Parcells with the Giants? Your argument is retarded. Yes, talent obviously helps a HC, but where do you draw the line. You need a coach to direct the talent.

Actually Marv Levy was a sub par coach. Out of the coaches in the HOF he has the 2nd worst winning %. He couldnt win SB XXV even thought he was favored and was completely outcoached in all 4 games. He was a glorified babysitter on a team of superstars that Polian put together. Just sayin.

First, our sevondary is BETTER than the Vikings. Second their GM listened to him as for as what he needed talent wise. Third, did the tallent call for the right blitzes at the right time? Did the talent outsmart Garrett and the cowboys? No. Quit making up bull **** to put down a damn good coach that could be a damn good HC for us.

;)

B-)

I was thinking this as well, supposedly stuff like this is well known among coaches and their agents. I suppose that if this week the Bills don't do any more interviews we can be certain that Frazier is going to be hired.

no it is not possible because the Bills offered the job to Harbough. Frazier clearly was not their first choice despite the efforts of Mort, Adam or Tony.

Bills have lost control over their image and the media is running afield. Frazier may become the coach but by default. and if they get Vick or McNabb we can expect 7-8 wins next year.

Jets are a physical team, so is Miami and the Pats aren't bad. Cover 2 type of teams work in domes. Dungy and Frazier had success in domes. The AFC East this is not. I prefer Grimm. He appears to have the toughness we need. A Rex Ryan type of toughness. and oh yeah, the Jets defense is better than the Vikings. Maybe we should talk to the Jets DC.

I think Frazier may be the second coming of Dick Jauron

Yeah, he's a genuis with the Williams, Jared Allen, Kennedy and the DBs like Winfield.

It's so laughable this idea that coordinators are geniuses when they win with some of the best talent in the league. Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

The best companies have the best talent first, not the best managers.

Look, I haven't read on yet, but I felt that I had to comment on your post.

You have to understand, zonabb, that no one except idiots is asking Frazier to come in and replicate what he has in Minnesota during his first year with the Bills. The Bills are in a state of disarray (to say the least) and if he could squeak them into the playoffs in 2 or 3 years, we should be delirious. But I digress.....

I want to quickly address the "D". We are as good or better than Minn. in the backfield; we have a couple of very good LB's; we have a 1st rd. draft choice that I'm SURE there is a spot for, and a DL player here and there who is serviceable. When you think about it we are lacking a big nasty NG, another quality DE, a good LB, and someone who understands the "D" to have a very good Defense.

These things are possible through draft and FA in 2-3 years. B-)

Leslie Frazier will be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys if the Bills don't make a quick decision. That's my prediction.

Geez, don't say that, you're scaring the crappola outta me.

I gotta say, though, that the way that things have been going, I'd almost be surprised if something didn't come up that we'd lose Mr. Frazier!! B-)

Are you kidding me? Frazier would be stupid if he turned down the Bills offer. He isn't a 36 year old wonder kid like Schottenheimer. The guy's in his 50's and needs to strike while the iron is hot. Being that old, he should know all too well that if he stays as a DC another year and the Vikings lose key defensive players to either free agency or injury then his name could easily fall off the radar next year. Frazier's a smart guy and he's not turning down the Bills job if offered.

I agree with you but what I am saying is that there will probably be other teams pursuing him. I hope the Bills do land him.

Yeah, he's a genuis with the Williams, Jared Allen, Kennedy and the DBs like Winfield.

It's so laughable this idea that coordinators are geniuses when they win with some of the best talent in the league. Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

The best companies have the best talent first, not the best managers.

Just remember that Greg Williams was (and still is) a great DC. Too bad he sucked as a DC.

I agree with you but what I am saying is that there will probably be other teams pursuing him. I hope the Bills do land him.

I don't see the Cowboys or Chargers firing their coaches and going after Frazier. But I'll agree, that's the only thing that would derail it. Frazier to the Bills seems like it's just meant to be.

I tend to agree with this assessment, but there is still the possibility that he will be angered by Wilson offering the job to others before him, and then possibly coming in with a low-ball contract as an afterthought. I still think he'll take it in the end, but if he doesn't this is why.

I tend to agree with this assessment, but there is still the possibility that he will be angered by Wilson offering the job to others before him, and then possibly coming in with a low-ball contract as an afterthought. I still think he'll take it in the end, but if he doesn't this is why.

Who is he to be offended? Seriously. He should be flattered. If I hear one inkling that he's offended that other guys were offered the job before him, then I don't want him. Move on and start interviewing other people.