Anyone Else Hear What Quadry Ismael Said

He was asked what the heck has happened to this once proud franchise when they get turned down by the likes of a college coach from Stanford. Ismael's response was pretty much what we all knew but had never heard anyone say. He said the NFL is a very tight knit unit and it is widely regarded by players and coaches alike that Buffalo has no commitment to winning. He basically said that the front office is not committed to winning and there is no word that rings louder in the NFL than commitment.

So, basically, I heard what many have suspected over the past few years.............

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To say the organization has made no committment is a load of crap, and Ismael is just flapping his gums with an opinion - to sound like he knows the scoop.

Have the Bills made bad personel decisions? Yes...repeatedly....no question, but to say the organization isn't committed to winning - or finding a way to win is nonsense.

I find it hard to believe that any team says they aren't committed to winning. I think what Ishmael means is that the Bills are perceived as not being committed in winning by whatever measure people use. The owner meddles, they won't go beyond cash-to-cap, whatever. This is more an opinion than a statement of intent.

PTR

Quadry is a dope and usually just repeats what others report

and is this really any surprise to anyone? the Bills are basically the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL...happy to be in the league and making money but will usually never compete for a championship

Talk to a bunch of coaches that were just fired from their job and I'm sure they'll have nothing but glowing things to say about the franchise. :rolleyes: I just love how the words of former, disgruntled employees carries more wieght than people still working for the team.

The facts are that the Bills have had one winning season, 9-7 in the past 10 years. They have not been to the playoffs in that time. I don't need Quadry to tell me this franchise has failed putting a winning formula together. We are forever Bills fans tied to a few good runs 64-65, the early 80's, 88-94, 98-99. Ralph is a good man but time has passed him by and unfortunately at 91 his best days are long gone. At least we are not the Detroit Lions or Raiders of the past 6-7 years. If we get lucky with a QB we may pull out of this, until then the Bills are stuck in NFL pergatory. :rolleyes:

If Buffalo was committed to winning,THEN STOP GOING AFTER HALF @SS TALENT (TO DONT COUNT) THAT MOVE WAS TO SELL TICKETS FOR THEM KEEPING JAURON. GO GET A COACH WORTH WHILE GET SOME TALENT IN HERE,GET A QB WORTH WHILE.......OTHERWISE THIS FRANCHISE IS ALL ABOUT THE DOLLAR NOT WINNING NOR PLEASING ITS FAN BASE.

He was asked what the heck has happened to this once proud franchise when they get turned down by the likes of a college coach from Stanford. Ismael's response was pretty much what we all knew but had never heard anyone say. He said the NFL is a very tight knit unit and it is widely regarded by players and coaches alike that Buffalo has no commitment to winning. He basically said that the front office is not committed to winning and there is no word that rings louder in the NFL than commitment.

So, basically, I heard what many have suspected over the past few years.............

Why would anyone care what Quadry Ismael said?

I find it hard to believe that any team says they aren't committed to winning. I think what Ishmael means is that the Bills are perceived as not being committed in winning by whatever measure people use. The owner meddles, they won't go beyond cash-to-cap, whatever. This is more an opinion than a statement of intent.

PTR

They sell a game to Toronto.

They keep the same bad F.O. guys around year after year.

Oh yeah, go without a G.M. for a couple years.

Hire a marketing guy to run your franchise.

Run coaches off year after year, and under pay them, they went through O.C.'s like you know what through a goose!

No QB.

already posted - already disregarded - quadry ismael???????? please - just another idiot with an opinion to try and make himself look good.

We have the 2nd worst franchise in this past decade. People that are associated with winning don't wanna be associated with a franchise that doesn't win. We really have one true chance to turn this around...drafting the right players.

To say the organization has made no committment is a load of crap, and Ismael is just flapping his gums with an opinion - to sound like he knows the scoop.

Have the Bills made bad personel decisions? Yes...repeatedly....no question, but to say the organization isn't committed to winning - or finding a way to win is nonsense.

This organization has not been to the playoffs in ten years; let many of their best players walk away because they don't want to pay them the going rate; have a meddlesome owner... You don't think Mularkey put the word out? Or Gregg Williams? The Bills suffer from a reality problem and a perception problem. The ten years out of the playoffs cements both.

This organization is committed to winning the same way I'm committed to helping people- I'm totally committed as long as it doesn't cost me any money, require any effort, or inconvenience me in any way.

:thumbsup:

Freaking hilarious.

Ralph has a commitment to putting people in the seats and making money.

The commitment is to not making commitments. It's all on the wind down, because given the owner's age it is about keeping the franchise well positioned for its eventual sale.

Well, apparently he's quite serious about it, as he started the positioning about ten years ago.

If this organization was committed to winning we would have been to the playoffs in the last ten years,or at least not been the abortion that we have been, Buffalo is a great city, the Buffalo fans are the greatest in the world, the Sabres are looking real promising, but the bills are a JOKE from their owner to the waterboys! Get rid of them for all I care,Ralph Wilson you suck balls!