2004 J.P. Losman Tulane Quarterback

2005 No 1st Round Pick,

2006 Donte Whitner Ohio State Safety

2006 John McCargo North Carolina State Defensive Tackle

2007 Marshawn Lynch

2008 Leodis McKelvin Troy Defensive Back

20091 Aaron Maybin Penn State Defensive End/Outside Linebacker

20091 Eric Wood Louisville Center

Thats ten players since 2002 the Bills have drafted in the 1st round. The only one who is above average and not too young to grade is Evans. In hindsight I would trade all ten of those first round picks for a QB like McNabb.

A top ten pick holds almost no value to a team that drafts as terribly as we do. Lets dump it and get a proven commodity if need be. Sure Id rather give up a second, but they may not bite. Best case scenario we could swap firsts for McNabb. Either way I would be fully willing to give up the 9th overall pick for McNabb. (I would wait till draft day to make the trade however, just in case Cluason fell or something.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Have you watched him run? He's not running at NFL speed.

Anyway, I'm all for trading for McNabb. One of my favorite players in the NFL, and still a fine QB in the league.

Ill cook you up so Crow and you can eat it out of your hat next season when Gerhart runs straight over NFL competiton. His top end speed is not all that great, but neither is Jacksons/Lynchs/ or 2000 rusher Jamal Lewis. Its about Acceleration at the RB position - thats why Peterson and Chris Johnson are so good, its not their top end speed. Gerhart has the best balence I have ever seen and soaks straight on hits like they were cotton balls. He is another stud RB that will fall in the draft because of the idiots at the helm. Thats how the Shuane Greens/Frank Gores/Tashard Choices of the world fall into the 3rd/4th rounds. Gerhart would be the best back on this team next season if we are that fortunate.

Ill cook you up so Crow and you can eat it out of your hat next season when Gerhart runs straight over NFL competiton. His top end speed is not all that great, but neither is Jacksons/Lynchs/ or 2000 rusher Jamal Lewis. Its about Acceleration at the RB position - thats why Peterson and Chris Johnson are so good, its not their top end speed. Gerhart has the best balence I have ever seen and soaks straight on hits like they were cotton balls. He is another stud RB that will fall in the draft because of the idiots at the helm. Thats how the Shuane Greens/Frank Gores/Tashard Choices of the world fall into the 3rd/4th rounds. Gerhart would be the best back on this team next season if we are that fortunate.

Good post.

If he wasn't white--NOBODY would be saying he's too slow.

Teams very rarely trade players for players in the NFL. What GMs value more than gold is draft picks. If people really want Donovan McNabb, they must realize it will cost draft picks, and valuable early round ones.

What do they owe us for Peters.

That 9th overall pick is just waay too valuable......with Nix in charge we are going to get a impact player there

The only way I trade out of that pick is to move down just a small amount of slots and pick up an additional 2nd rounder......we need a OT in the worst way.....then we need LB help in the worst way

We have our LB Aaron Maybin so we need a DE.

I'll be right here. Will show the same courtesy when we see he's a big bust.

I am confused by a lot of those posts in this threads (I just skimmed over them since there were so many). I keep seeing people talking of a trade for McNabb that includes Lynch...all I want to know is ... What?

Has no one heard of McCoy in Phi? They loved this rookie and refer to him often as a Westbrook clone. Why on earth would Phi want a troubled RB who dances too much behind the line and drops a lot of passes when they just drafted a guy they love who is a perfect fit for their style of game?

Not saying Lynch is a bumb, but his flaws are in plain sight. He doesnt hit the hole fast enough and he drops too many passes, the two things the Phi running attack depends on the most. He is a terrible fit there and goes against what Reid wants from his RB's. And thats before you even factor in his troubled off field issues...

There is just no way any package for Lynch would get us McNabb unless Lynch was just a throw in. The only way we will get McNabb is with draft picks...

Just because we may decide we want to move on from Lynch doesnt mean teams will be lining up to take him. Shaun Alexander and Edgerin James were both on the market while they were in the prime of their careers, and neither Sea nor Indy could even get someone to offer a 2nd round pick for them and they were two of the best in the league and squeaky clean. The reason is simple, RB is the easiest position to replace, so no one wants to give up too much to obtain one unless they are young, proven and durable...the only thing has of those 3 things is that he is young.

So news flash here is that Lynch would not fetch anything higher than a 3rd and maybe some change, and thats not even a certainty given his off field issues.

Exactly, so why would Philly trade for Lynch?

To take the pressure of Kolb if they trade for a proven 1000 yd rusher.

Before I was against trading Marshawn but one more strike against him and he is done for 1 yr.

If the Bills draft a RB in the draft this has to be in the back of their minds.

To take the pressure of Kolb if they trade for a proven 1000 yd rusher.

Before I was against trading Marshawn but one more strike against him and he is done for 1 yr.

If the Bills draft a RB in the draft this has to be in the back of their minds.

Again, why would someone trade for him if he is this close to suspension? Sorry but Lynch has zero trade value.

I've lived in Philly for the last 5 years and every year (besides their superbowl year) they say, let's get rid of McNabb, he's no good. I'd be surprised if they actually let him go, especially since Andy Reid has pretty much built his offense around Donovan.