Coaching search embarrassment, a motivating factor for Wilson?

It should be.

At first I was feeling discouraged that possible head coaches won't even interview, men with no head coaching experience in the NFL. How often has that even happened in the league's history??

But while I won't rest easy until a good head coach is hired, I think this could be a good thing for the Bills, a turning point.

If these rejections don't motivate Ralph Wilson to do everything he can now to make this a respectable franchise again, nothing will. I think it will, just as the 2-14 seasons did in the 8o's.

the correct answer is:

B. nothing will

what more evidence do you need? and why is this so hard for bills fans to accept?

he has ZERO regard for the fans who made him stinking rich in this business. all he cares about is whether his beancounters can maximize the value of his asset. obviously the way bills fans support this team you don't need to win to do that.

he has a point when he says you need luck more than anything, because he won't do anything else to make the team good. so we all need to pray for luck.

i think AVP should consider applying for the head coaching position as his place in line must be coming up soon.

It should be.

At first I was feeling discouraged that possible head coaches won't even interview, men with no head coaching experience in the NFL. How often has that even happened in the league's history??

But while I won't rest easy until a good head coach is hired, I think this could be a good thing for the Bills, a turning point.

If these rejections don't motivate Ralph Wilson to do everything he can now to make this a respectable franchise again, nothing will. I think it will, just as the 2-14 seasons did in the 8o's.

Ralph has to make this a more attractive job and that mans more than just money. It means addressing the ownership situation (in the event of his death) and showing a larger commitment to talent selection and retention.

What embarrassment? 90% of the stuff that's "embarrassing" is entirely made up by the media. ESPN's AFC East Blog has a story about the Bill's coaching search when the last remaining AFC East team in the playoffs is playing today. How pathetically sad for ESPN. I imagine the reporters there go into work every day knowing that they are a tabloid and probably not as talented as the staff of the Guardian or the Sun.

Well, we know Mr. Burns cannot stand being embarrassed and has made big moves when it happens. If I was Smithers, I wouldn't be very comfortable about now. Embarrassment has always got the old man riled up more than anything else and in this case it is national embarrassment..

What embarrassment? 90% of the stuff that's "embarrassing" is entirely made up by the media. ESPN's AFC East Blog has a story about the Bill's coaching search when the last remaining AFC East team in the playoffs is playing today. How pathetically sad for ESPN. I imagine the reporters there go into work every day knowing that they are a tabloid and probably not as talented as the staff of the Guardian or the Sun.

That comment is at least 75% embarrassing.

It should be.

How often does it happen? Sometimes. It happens sometimes.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. How embarrassing is it to Mr. Wilson that we don't have a decent QB on the roster? And that is most likely the single main factor that keeps coaches away ....

Not very. Disappointing, yes. Embarrassing, no.

Really, the coaching change embarrassment should motivate Ralphie??

HA

How about our last playoff QB was Rob Johnson, firing Butler and Wade and not

paying, Levy as GM, Russ as GM, John Guy, Pat Williams, Milloy, Peters, the list

goes on and on and on.

Sorry, but if he wasn't motivated to get his act together before this, it'll never

happen.

Really, the coaching change embarrassment should motivate Ralphie??

HA

How about our last playoff QB was Rob Johnson, firing Butler and Wade and not

paying, Levy as GM, Russ as GM, John Guy, Pat Williams, Milloy, Peters, the list

goes on and on and on.

Sorry, but if he wasn't motivated to get his act together before this, it'll never

happen.

Have to agree. He made the HOF so he probably thinks his legacy is golden.