Is anybody else really sick of the negativity and inferiority complex?

Please just stop with all the negativity and angst. The right candidate willbe hired and we will get better. It's the nature of the world for things to rise and fall. Relax and enjoy the ride.

The book about the Buffalo Bills that I am going to enjoy reading the most is the one that is yet to be written. One can only imagine the tales to be told.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please just stop with all the negativity and angst. The right candidate willbe hired and we will get better. It's the nature of the world for things to rise and fall. Relax and enjoy the ride.

You are right I mean they hired Greg Williams and things got better, and then they hired Mularkey, and Jauron. I really don't know how much more getting better Buffalo can stomach.....

You are right I mean they hired Greg Williams and things got better, and then they hired Mularkey, and Jauron. I really don't know how much more getting better Buffalo can stomach.....

How is getting all riled up working for you? Has it made alot of change in the Bills organization? It has made about as much change as me relaxing and enjoying the ride.

How is getting all riled up working for you? Has it made alot of change in the Bills organization? It has made about as much change as me relaxing and enjoying the ride.

If you enjoy this then you enloy losing and humiliation. I'm not sure that's admirable.

Are you kidding me ???

This is a debacle, there is NOTHING to be positive about, and anyone who has something positive to throw into this mess is a complete and utter TOOL.

This coaching search has finally brought ot light how insanely pathetic the entire organizatiion is and yet you still slurp the kool-aid liek there is nothing worng

fools and otols are the only ones who think there is anything to be positve about...

What ride?

The right candidate will be hired?

Any coach who will put up with a stubborn, meddling 91 year old owner is NOT the right candidate.

Btw, it is not the nature of businesses to rise and fall.

Some rise.

Some fall.

Some fail.

This isn't the tide or the sun we're talking about.

Well the AFC certainly has risen and fallen quite a bit lately. Dolphins went from worst to first two years ago. Pats havent won a playoff game in awhile. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. Jets slid up pretty significantly and are making a run after a crappy midseason. I think even small changes from year to year (and a few lucky--or unlucky bounces of the ball) can swing a team from 6 or 7 wins to ten wins and a post season shot.

Glad to see some better posts instead of the same pessimistic, boring, self humiliation threads. The Bills will find a coach and the coach will WANT to be here. Instead of saying what is wrong with the franchise why not say "to heck with him" whoever turned us down. Seems to me there were a lot of openings last year that Grimm and B Schotty did not get. Ditka, J Johnson, and Joe Gibbs all did so well coming back and taking over a team the second time.

Quit all the Bills suck/Ralph sucks nobody wants to come here junk.......we want people who WANT to be in Buffalo because it is worth being here and a great NFL city and team. Why is it a good job?

Good young talent with arguably best secondary in the league. Very good skill players and great young OL interior talent. Great fan base and city that absolutely loves the franchise. Competitive in EVERY game but 2 this year (winning/tied or within a score in 4th quarter). NOT far off at all from being a winning team this year the years before, etc.... and beat teams in the AFC East who are just minimally better than the Bills. I know people will contest that last statement but if the Jets and Dolphins are so much better than the Bills why did the Bills beat both of them? Bills gave a game to the Pats and were a score away in the other one.

The league is so close you have a chance EVERY year to succeed. We now have a football personnel guy as GM who has a history of GREAT drafting.

A young coach wanting to make a name for himself will find an outstanding opportunity here.

Quit the Ralph meddles too much as well.......D Snyder, J Jones don't get involved in their franchises? That is NOT why Shanahan stayed away from the Bills.

Cowher does not guarantee anything if he comes here (he is NOT) and neither did Grimm or Schottenheimer. Look around the league and see very un-sexy hires doing VERY well than the same re-cycled old guard. Harbaugh, Sparano, Caldwell, R Ryan, M Tomlin. All were very unpopular picks and then they actually started to play games!

You are absolutely coorect about the coaching situation. Nix as GM I am not so sure. I would raterh have seen him in Modrak's or Guy's title.

no I am not sick of it, I am sick of us ridiculing anyone who speaks out against our failure to compete for 10-15 years. Granted we do not need a new topic posted anytime someone thinks they have a new angle on the misery. Posts like this one remind me of political situations where people are called un-patriotic because they speak out. Is it just a game? It is but the economic impact of success could have helped the area tremendously over this past decade of economic down turn in Western NY. The Bills will prevail with a new coach and some changes to the front office but until then let your voice be heard (but do not start a new topic on it)!

Well the AFC certainly has risen and fallen quite a bit lately. Dolphins went from worst to first two years ago. Pats havent won a playoff game in awhile. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. Jets slid up pretty significantly and are making a run after a crappy midseason. I think even small changes from year to year (and a few lucky--or unlucky bounces of the ball) can swing a team from 6 or 7 wins to ten wins and a post season shot.

While this may be true, until this happens for the Bills, the situation is bad and getting worse.

I'm a fan of the Bills and I approve this message.

give me 4 seasons any time...i especially want buffalo's summer, compared to the central pa hotslop summers we live with.

the weather is great-- i live right down the road from you! just got done with a nice 30 minute run with shorts and a longsleeve tshirt. in january! that's living. san diego would just give me melanoma.

Dude, you weren't running in shorts for the past 2 weeks.

I'm absolutely sick of the inferiority complex that causes people to leave their wits in their drawers. The media has hyped this thing to a ridiculous level. The reporter circle jerk has gone beyond all limits of deceny.

In case you're not aware, here's how it works. A reporter cites a "source" who is "close to the situation". This "source" is actually another reporter who has talked to..say, Cowher a few times over the course of their careers. This reporter tells the reporter writing the story (or on TV, radio, etc) that based on what Cowher's said (which he hasn't said much of anything so it ends being based off this same circle jerk of reporting) that he has no interest in the job. There ya go. Now it's fact.

Once upon a time, you had to be able to have at least two direct sources before your editor would allow you to write something. Now, they just write stories about something another reporter wrote or that came from a message board. Fans go all aflutter and link the article across the internetdom and they get a bunch of hits. Reporter gets praised for having a successful article (full of crap) and writes another one that goes further.

The more they paint the Bills in a bad light, the more people go to the articles. It's shameful, but that's how they get hits. All the little birdies running around screaming the sky is falling are just propelling the story further.

Start demanding actual quotes from actual people. Stop falling for this charade of reporting regardless if this search is dysfunctional or not. Let's start making reporters give us actual information either way instead of these message board posts they call journalism.

I agree with this post. This is the first time I have ever contributed to these blogs but I had to support this one. Sometimes these remarks go so much beyond football. So having said that football aside for a second.

Why do some many bash the this area? It gets down right depressing when I read what people think about their own back yard. Not to mention what people from outside this area think about us after reading some of these posts.

I lived in NC for over 12 years and moved back to WNY 3 years ago. My profession enables me to travel throughout the country and I love coming back home. I have meant many people that have traveled away for a few years but eventually find their way back, and no they didnt fail other places which made them have to come home.

There are only two kinds of folks that complain about this area. "Those that have never visited" and "Those that have never left" For those that have never visited, please do not speak poorly about a place you have never visited and all your knowledge comes from the "significant snow" that happens "Near Buffalo" repeatedly reported on the national news. For those that have never left, please do not publically speak poorly about our/your home when you have no substantial experiance to which you can compare"

I agree with this post. This is the first time I have ever contributed to these blogs but I had to support this one. Sometimes these remarks go so much beyond football. So having said that football aside for a second.

Why do some many bash the this area? It gets down right depressing when I read what people think about their own back yard. Not to mention what people from outside this area think about us after reading some of these posts.

I lived in NC for over 12 years and moved back to WNY 3 years ago. My profession enables me to travel throughout the country and I love coming back home. I have meant many people that have traveled away for a few years but eventually find their way back, and no they didnt fail other places which made them have to come home.

There are only two kinds of folks that complain about this area. "Those that have never visited" and "Those that have never left" For those that have never visited, please do not speak poorly about a place you have never visited and all your knowledge comes from the "significant snow" that happens "Near Buffalo" repeatedly reported on the national news. For those that have never left, please do not publically speak poorly about our/your home when you have no substantial experiance to which you can compare"

Thanks for the support.

Not to sound like I am on a soapbox, but let's think big picture for a minute; look at the tragic devastation in Haiti, and honestly ask yourselves: do we really have a problem? Is our self-loathing over this coach situation really warranted? I am as big a Bills fan as anyone on this board, so please don't question my loyalty.

Just thought a bit of perspective for those are acting a bit suicidal about this head coaching vacancy.

Polian was General Manager in Buffalo from 1986-1993. When Bill Polian was promoted to general manager of the Buffalo Bills on Dec. 30, 1985, the Bills were suffering from back to back 2-14 seasons and fan interest was at an all-time low. Polian had been with the Bills since August 2, 1984. He was originally hired as director of pro personnel, where he impressed Bills owner Ralph Wilson by telling then-coach Kay Stephenson, "We were 2-14 on merit--we have the worst personnel in the NFL." On February 7, 1985, Bills general manager Terry Bledsoe suffered a heart attack and Polian was named along with director of scouting Norm Pollom to handle contract negotiations in Bledsoe's absence. Polian was instrumental in the signing of Bruce Smith to his first NFL contract. This impressed the Bills' hierarchy enough to warrant a promotion to GM, after the firing of Bledsoe, in 1985. The fans were not impressed with the promotion of Polian however. Most observers considered the move business as usual, on a 2-14 team.

Link

What's happening now is eerily similar to what happened in '86 IMO. I think Ralph got it right this time. I think Buddy Nix is just what this team needed. Only time will tell.

Yes! the inferiority complex and weird Patriots based conspiracy theories...both drive me nuts. It's been a rough decade, but I seriously think once a couple pieces are in place this will be a team that could easily hit the playoffs. Maybe not do well in the playoffs, but at least get there

Yes. Your right.

This coaching search is kind of like watching the stock markets. You want to know what is going on but if you read and react to everything that is said on each day it will drive you crazy.

I've been a Bills fan for a long time - I was about 12 and at the game when we lost to KC prior to the 1st Super Bowl. It does seem that no matter what events occur the 'nobody circles the wagons' Bills fans have turned a little negative.

As I've read this board over the past year it's been mildly amusing to see Jauron criticized for his laid back style - and now seeing how important that 'fire in the eyes' is --- as exemplified by the dynamic quartet of Phillips, Childress, Turner, and Caldwell in the playoffs.

Also found it somewhat ironic that our 'terrible' coaching staff has been picked up by recent Super Bowl participants NY (Fewell) Phily (April) and Pittsburgh (Kugler) and not by the league bottom dwellers. What did those teams see that we didn't?

It's tough to win in the NFL, so 7-9 and 6-10 (or whatever we were this year) wasn't very good but it wasn't Detroit or St. Louis poor - so I'm eternally optimistic.

If the Bills continue with their mediocrity there's this additional benefit - after 5 or 6 games, you get to get on with your life - until next year!

In case you can't tell, this is my first post.

Welcome. Nice post. I noticed the same thing about April, Fewell, and Kugler. I think our secondary coach did a good job too and expect him to be picked up by someone.

I have been out of WNY since 1982. I go back about 4 times a year on average, more on some years. I attend at least two home games a year.

I agree with your assessment. Most of the inferiority complex comes from within Buffalo. There is a lot of frustration there over the economy and a local government that can't do anything right.

I love the WNY area a lot and would move back if the career plans allow it.