Tale of Three Cities

You look at three teams, Buffalo, Washington and Seattle. All need to rebuild, all need QB's, Seattle not as pressing, but soon. All have new GM's and new coaches. Granted NFC East is a tough Division and NFC West (once Warner retires) has no QB's but all have different types of owners. Three years from now how will they stack up?

You look at three teams, Buffalo, Washington and Seattle. All need to rebuild, all need QB's, Seattle not as pressing, but soon. All have new GM's and new coaches. Granted NFC East is a tough Division and NFC West (once Warner retires) has no QB's but all have different types of owners. Three years from now how will they stack up?

They are pretty equal, Buffalo has the worst owner, we have good young talent, if we get someone in here who knows football and starts on a clean slate we can turn this thing around its not that hard!! Only two teams have not made the playoffs in this decade, thank Ralph Wilson for that, he is the only one to blame, sit back and let someone who knows what they are doing run it! Just like any business

Buffalo--Seattle--Washington

I think things have turned in Buffalo with the hire of an actual football guy running or close as it get to running things. They have more talent on both sides of the ball than either the seahawks or redskins.

Seattle is going ass backward no gm in place grasping at straws of a successful college coach who can't cut it on the next level. They have won 9 games in two years in a sorry sorry division- the last 2 years they have been outscored by 200 points

Washington you have an owner who can't hire a coach Turner goes 17-12 Undersnyder before departing, Spurrier is 12-20 before packing even one time legend Joe Gibbs returns to go 30-34 before he is shown the door. Jim Zorn does a spurrier at 12-20 and he's headed out. He's thrown money at free agents like no one else, with the exception of Mike Shanahan when he was with Denver with no success

Then there is the quarterbacks- no to all three. Campbell probably the one with the most upside but even the skins owner tried to peddle him. Buffalo uses backups as starters and Hasselback has played all 16 games 3 times in 9 years and is about done.

I'm not a prophet, so whatever I write could be destroyed...but best case could be...

All three will improve...somewhat...but I chose Buffalo the most improved over three years...

Buffalo...have no idea who will be the QB....have no idea who the HC will be...what I do know is the Patriots dynasty is crashing before our eyes & if we do get Brian it would put a chink in the Jets armor...The AFC East will expierence a new team at the top...could be the Bills...Dolphins...or Jets...the best bet is we get Brian...somehow get our franchise QB and face a somewhat easy schedule in 2010...This time next year we could be talking playoffs! *cues Mora speech*

Washington...I doubt seeing this team in the top of their division in the next three years...This team has the same dark cloud the Bills have had...there is no direction and alot of overpriced mediocre players...What Washingtion loves is the spotlight....With all the money thrown at Shanny...I still don't see the Skins' getting in the playoffs within the next 3 years...knowing how the Redskins act and how they hate themselves for giving up on getting Sanchez in the '09 Draft, they will give up the farm to take Tebow...The NFC East is tough and I doubt the 'Skins can beat the Eagles, Boys and Giants...Shanny will have a better record than Zorn...

Seattle...it's a shame Carroll made a bad choice leaving USC, this is like the Dennis Erickson era of 95'-98'...Matt Hasselbeck will still be the starter next year...but as soon as Hasselbeck is gone, I doubt this team will have a winning season...they will try to groom a QB, but I doubt Carroll takes this team anywhere anytime soon...Just a hunch, I see Warner & Hasselbeck playing one more season...By that time the AFC West could look different...San Fran could find a QB that can win...Rams could be better than they have been in years...

They are pretty equal, Buffalo has the worst owner, we have good young talent, if we get someone in here who knows football and starts on a clean slate we can turn this thing around its not that hard!! Only two teams have not made the playoffs in this decade, thank Ralph Wilson for that, he is the only one to blame, sit back and let someone who knows what they are doing run it! Just like any business

He tried that bringing in Donahoe, who at the time was a highly touted football guy, fans were all over this move too, and it flopped, thats why Ralph stepped back in to take over control of his team

Shanny is the worst situation for Washington fans, and i cant wait till they fall apart. If you remember Shanny put Denver into cap Binds twice, i believe by almost $30,000,000.00 <---(looks more deceiving that way) by just cutting and signing players at his will.

I dont care what kind of money the Washington Redskins have. The fact is Shanny, who I never wanted, will continue (or atleast i hope) to spend big and push the team against the salary cap.

Shanny is the worst situation for Washington fans, and i cant wait till they fall apart. If you remember Shanny put Denver into cap Binds twice, i believe by almost $30,000,000.00 <---(looks more deceiving that way) by just cutting and signing players at his will.

I dont care what kind of money the Washington Redskins have. The fact is Shanny, who I never wanted, will continue (or atleast i hope) to spend big and push the team against the salary cap.

I think the cap will be going away in 2011 and beyond.....

I think the cap will be going away in 2011 and beyond.....

If the owners were united, it wouldn't be a concern, but you know that some of the powerful ones are working to kill it. If that happens, the Bills might as well move to LA, because they will never again compete.

1. Buffalo. Ralph Wilson will not live forever. 3 years from now, the Bills are more likely than not sold to the highest bidder and all that entails.

2. Seattle. Deep pockets owner who played out the string with Holmgren and his guys and is now trying a new approach. Pete Carroll was not be the greatest NFL coach, but he wasn't terrible, and it's interesting that he was hired as Executive VP and HC. His connections to the college game may really aid the Seahawks over the next few years as they rebuild.

3. Washington. Snyder's Redskins have for the most part been dysfunctional. He has already had Hall-of-Fame caliber HCs work for him and most of them have been unable to deliver. Shanahan is just another on the list. The situation is much like Buffalo, systemic dysfunction stemming down from ownership, but with bigger bags of cash. Will Snyder ever learn that purging and signing the biggest name free agent isn't working? He hasn't figured it out yet.

I don't know if these three teams are as comparable as you say. Hasselbeck will still be there for at least a few more years. Who says the Redskins are getting rid of Campbell, have they announced that they won't be re-signing him?? I think the Bills are most comparable to the Browns. A mess of younger QBs with a new GM coming in. Either way interesting points!

I don't know if these three teams are as comparable as you say. Hasselbeck will still be there for at least a few more years. Who says the Redskins are getting rid of Campbell, have they announced that they won't be re-signing him?? I think the Bills are most comparable to the Browns. A mess of younger QBs with a new GM coming in. Either way interesting points!

Lets add the Browns to the equation. Three years from now where do they stand? Are the Bills looking again for a new head Coach?

Every team in which the owners run the show routinely fail. Ironically, none of these owners are willing to admit they flat out cannot build a winner.

Dallas-Finally won their first playoff game since 96 when Jimmy J.'s boys were running out of steam. Jerra Jones, even with Parcells, could never put big dollars together and replace Johnson's talent.

Cinci-Mike Brown's franchise hasn't won a playoff game in 20 years. Two playoff appearances in 5 years though.

Oakland-Nothing to say, Al Davis was past his prime about 10 years ago. Myriad of coaches and yes-men have come and gone without change.

Washington-Snyder's spending hasn't worked, isn't working, and won't work.

Buffalo-Wilson's elderly grip on the team won't recede despite the playoff drought and 0 playoff wins since 95 season.

All of these teams, both smaller market and large, have failed because owners think they know enough football to run the show. Sadly, none of them get the point as their teams continue to slide. Only Dallas and Cincinnati have QB's and not coincidentally both were 09 playoff teams.

Every team in which the owners run the show routinely fail. Ironically, none of these owners are willing to admit they flat out cannot build a winner.

Dallas-Finally won their first playoff game since 96 when Jimmy J.'s boys were running out of steam. Jerra Jones, even with Parcells, could never put big dollars together and replace Johnson's talent.

Cinci-Mike Brown's franchise hasn't won a playoff game in 20 years. Two playoff appearances in 5 years though.

Oakland-Nothing to say, Al Davis was past his prime about 10 years ago. Myriad of coaches and yes-men have come and gone without change.

Washington-Snyder's spending hasn't worked, isn't working, and won't work.

Buffalo-Wilson's elderly grip on the team won't recede despite the playoff drought and 0 playoff wins since 95 season.

All of these teams, both smaller market and large, have failed because owners think they know enough football to run the show. Sadly, none of them get the point as their teams continue to slide. Only Dallas and Cincinnati have QB's and not coincidentally both were 09 playoff teams.

With Oakland, Jon Gruden was an enormous factor in their last rise to prominence. He basically abandoned "Raider Ball" and re-created the Raiders from the ground up into another West Coast team. Rich Gannon was a great fit in that offense and they brought in various pieces to pull it all together. It wasn't completely satisfactory to the old codger that Gruden didn't fully appreciate the Raider legacy and follow the script, which led to Gruden and Allen getting shown the door and an eventual return to "Raider Ball" as was ultimately realized with horrible decisions such as Art Shell's return, an out-of-shape, disinterested rocket launcher QB for your vertical game, and so on.

In fact, there are some parallels to draw there to the early-90's Bills...

Clearly Buffalo is in the best position.

Best ownership? Check.

Best talent? Check.

Best GM? Check.

Carroll has done nothing. Shanahan is WAY overrated.

BILLS > rest of the nfl